Main Menu

Brighton Cardiff

Started by JoelH5, November 10, 2018, 01:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I think we can 100% say now that Southampton is must win
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

It's all about good habits, and those good habits have to start tomorrow as soon as the Fulham players arrive at Anfield. This is no game for faint hearts, and neither should it be.
They have to set their stall out, and defend as one, when we haven't got the ball, they no doubt will have majority of possession, and we must endeavour to have our share to take the pressure off.
But our players have to run further and longer and faster than theirs.
But I shall say it again, it's all about good habits, because our season has been full of bad habits to date.
So Jok better install in their minds than a) we can keep a clean sheet, b) we can score on this ground c) whatever happens we must keep our discipline and our shape, and no matter what do not panic and do not drop their heads.
The players and the manager have to have a strong  mentality and show resilience at all times all over the pitch. Concentration is a good habit, as is to have that mentality of take no prisoners, yes it's all about good habits tomorrow and every match until the end of the season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: GJB on November 10, 2018, 03:28:13 PM
Also, let's wait till the final scores officially put us "adrift at the bottom" before throwing all the complaints onto the thread, still plenty of time for more goals

Yes can all change yet.

Mince n Tatties

andyk

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 10, 2018, 03:41:17 PM
Quote from: GJB on November 10, 2018, 03:28:13 PM
Also, let's wait till the final scores officially put us "adrift at the bottom" before throwing all the complaints onto the thread, still plenty of time for more goals

Yes can all change yet.

Yep, Newcastle scored again.

I Ronic

Palace had the same number of points as us after 12 games last year and survived. I'm not happy along.with the rest of you but a good team performance tomorrow would be a start.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: I Ronic on November 10, 2018, 03:46:00 PM
Palace had the same number of points as us after 12 games last year and survived. I'm not happy along.with the rest of you but a good team performance tomorrow would be a start.
Because they sacked their manager

andyk

Though they did sack their manager after they  lost 6 in a row.

Woolly Mammoth

My take on this is, we should not be relying on other teams doing this and doing that.
It should be in our hands.
Forget what other teams are doing, it's what we do that counts.
We have to set a target for how many points minimum we must accrew, but also try and pick up something every game.
Once we can start playing to our strengths with good habits, let other teams worry about us.
If we get to 40 points, a huge if,,but if we can then there is no need to worry about what the rest are doing.
We have to do it ourselves, not rely on others short comings.
Cardiff have already won more games than us. In fact twice as many, how does that feel.
Bloody awful, so let's not rely on others losing, we have to win to pick up points.
Nothing else matters.

Never forget your Roots.

andyk

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 10, 2018, 03:50:54 PM
My take on this is, we should not be relying on other teams doing this and doing that.
We have to set a target for how many points minimum we must accrew, but also try and pick up something every game.
Once we can start playing to our strengths with good habits, let other teams worry about us.
If we get to 40 points, a huge if,,but if we can then there is no need to worry about what the rest are doing.
Cardiff have already won more games than us. In fact twice as many, how does that feel.
Bloody awful, so let's not rely on others losing, we have to win to pick up points.
Nothing else matters.

Good point, well made. 

However, I will still be obsessively checking each moment of each game, involving those around us.  I wish I didn't but I can't help it,

Bournemouth bang one in, come on you cherries.

Mince n Tatties

Nothing else matters.

Yes and against the likes of Liverpool, Manure and Chelsea... All this talk of relying on beating lower clubs is tosh,as has been proven by losing to Cardiff and Huddersfield, we have to get something out of games against the better teams.

I Ronic

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 10, 2018, 03:47:12 PM
Because they sacked their manager

Teams go down with new managers and players. My point was we are not down yet.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: andyk on November 10, 2018, 03:57:01 PM
Nothing else matters.

Good point, well made. 

However, I will still be obsessively checking each moment of each game, involving those around us.  I wish I didn't but I can't help it,

Bournemouth bang one in, come on you cherries.

Of course that's human nature, and I don't blame you, and of course if others are dropping points it makes life easier.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: andyk on November 10, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Joka is being allowed extra time then, tomorrow will make 7 but just include the Carabeo Cup match.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

GJB

Quote from: davew on November 10, 2018, 04:38:46 PM

Joka is being allowed extra time then, tomorrow will make 7 but just include the Carabeo Cup match.

Extra-time? Since when has Palace's decision-making regarding sacking their manager become the one we must follow?

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: GJB on November 10, 2018, 04:54:46 PM

Extra-time? Since when has Palace's decision-making regarding sacking their manager become the one we must follow?
Typically if managers lose even 5 in a row their job is at risk, obviously it depends on the situation.

davew

I would rather have Palace's manager, wouldn't you GJB?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

GJB

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 10, 2018, 04:56:12 PM
Quote from: GJB on November 10, 2018, 04:54:46 PM

Typically if managers lose even 5 in a row their job is at risk, obviously it depends on the situation.

I understand that it's a risk and I don't disagree with this. What I'm struggling to understand though is the comparison between us and Palace which is being talked about a lot on this forum ... different managers, different players, different season, different form leading up to this stage in the season and most importantly, just because Palace were successful after replacing their manager, this doesn't mean Fulham will necessarily be successful also.

The decision for Slavisa to go, if or when it happens, will hopefully be made using justifications other than when other clubs decided to do it in seasons gone by.

GJB

Quote from: davew on November 10, 2018, 05:08:15 PM
I would rather have Palace's manager, wouldn't you GJB?

I'm not decided on whether I want Slavisa to go yet, but if the option was Roy or all the names being mentioned currently in the press, I'd take Roy any day of the week.

Jimpav

Quote from: Camel Club on November 10, 2018, 02:39:35 PM
Cardiff will be towards the bottom of the league all season and Brighton are a side who could easily get sucked in to a relegation battle. Not a great result for us in the short term of course but the more teams who get dragged towards us the better. As you can see the glass is still half full at the moment. COYW.

Agree with this, more chance of Brighton getting sucked in as the season goes on. The more teams in the fight the better it is for us.