News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Step in the right direction but is it enough?

Started by Rambler, November 11, 2018, 02:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

1st half certainly was a good step in the right direction. The second was abject as before.

Is this enough to keep him in a job in the international break or do we change now?
Personally I'm split but if we are to change this is a good time to do it.
For me after that 1st half I would stick for now. Anything other than a win against Southampton and I would change after that.

fulhamben

Not for me. Too little too late. And wtf were the subs about. Seri for tom first, why what is Seri gonna bring. And then he followed it up with vietto for schurrle. Yes schurrle was poor again, and shouldn't be on the pitch, but why bring vietto on to play wide. Kebano was on the bench and would have been much better suited for our tactics. If anything vietto should have came on for mitro who once again added nothing in the second half.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ron

Quote from: Rambler on November 11, 2018, 02:03:23 PM
1st half certainly was a good step in the right direction. The second was abject as before.

Is this enough to keep him in a job in the international break or do we change now?
Personally I'm split but if we are to change this is a good time to do it.
For me after that 1st half I would stick for now. Anything other than a win against Southampton and I would change after that.

I'd say that the time has come. Slav might feel that he would be hard done by if he was sacked after defeat at Liverpool where most teams would struggle, but a quick glance at the 7 defeats in a row, and the fact that "clear water" has opened between us and the rest of the league surely justifies that his input into team selection and motivation should end now.

Lighthouse

What today proved is we have decent players. If played in the right way  and the right positions than we have half a chance. But I am not convinced we will not see a complete change with Sess position changed again, a complete change at the back. It was better but I am not sure if it proved more than the players are not the real problem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

I agree, let a new man come in as we cannot afford to lose the next game against Southampton.
Yes it was better today against a team we were not expecting anything from but it's not enough and results didn't go with us this weekend which unfortunately intensifies the problem

Robbie

The reality is Liverpool did not get out of third gear.
We surrendered.
Our second half was poor, a training match for them.
The Liverpool fans hardly murmured.

Hoppus

If Pardew is the answer, please no..
Great first half. Keep Joka and we will beat Saints.

WindyCity

A baby step in the right direction.  Much better effort overall than we've seen in recent weeks.  Good first half, BUT AGAIN, a significant regression in the second half.  The pattern since season started.  Needs to be fixed.

A couple breaks in first half could have produced a positive result.  Sess had good chance, and Mitro offsides and goal was awfully close. 

Though better effort against a top club, it may now be time to make a change and bring in a new coach.  This losing streak needs to be halted.  Have two week break and then home match against a team which FFC should score points.  Give the new coach time to work with club and get familiar with personnel and maybe hit ground running with a win v Southampton.

Baszab

Mark Schwartzer pretty adamant on BT TV sport that SJ time is up

Hoppus

Baszab

So....I posted on a fans' forum that an experienced former player thinks that SJ time is up and expressed that view on TV analysis
So ?

filham

At last we have seen a change of tactics from Jocanovic. today's defensive approach was the right one. May be he is admitting that the short ball pretty pretty approach is not going to put points on the board.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on November 11, 2018, 03:03:32 PM
At last we have seen a change of tactics from Jocanovic. today's defensive approach was the right one. May be he is admitting that the short ball pretty pretty approach is not going to put points on the board.
yep I'll agree with that. But he has to change the personnel to fot the new system
Schurrle is no wide boy, and should be benched imo. Sess was far more effective than he was
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Slav in!!!

Not a lot of player mistakes, some missed chances...team looked solid defensively for 55 minutes...

baby step forward.

Keep same starting 11 for next two games.

I'll say now...if the Whites get relegated Slav is the manager I want them to have in the championship.

If they  stay up I don't see the point in getting another manager.

AnOldBrownie

Today's game is an argument against getting rid of Slav.   No other manager in football(that isn't already employed), with this team, would have gotten a better result.  Not even Zidane.

Lighthouse

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on November 11, 2018, 03:38:06 PM
Today's game is an argument against getting rid of Slav.   No other manager in football, with this team, would have gotten a better result.

Could not disagree more. Our coach decides to play Sess forward for a rare occasion when we all know that our shape and play are better with Sess forward. Our coach plays with Chambers as DM and says afterwards that Chambers was playing out of position but did well so may use that again. Almost as if our Coach never sees the squad all week. We play with yet another different defence. Who knows if it will change yet again. But many have said Christie should not have been dropped despite his poor crossing and was a better player than Fosu Mensah.  Mawson was used and showed he was better centre half than Ream. Again it took a long time coming. Then we have our traditional second half sleepy byes. So it proved only our players are not as bad as some think. But it also proves that our Coach is as confused as he has been from day one. I am not convinced any other manager couldn't have done a better job. We shall see against Southampton. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

I only caught the last two minutes properly and Joka looked really drawn out as the game entered injury time and then on the whistle hand shakes all round and straight down the tunnel on his own. He must be crucifying himself about the hows, whys and now ultimately the when.

davew

Quote from: Robbie on November 11, 2018, 02:16:38 PM
The reality is Liverpool did not get out of third gear.
We surrendered.
Our second half was poor, a training match for them.
The Liverpool fans hardly murmured.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

A lot of positives today, I thought we played well in the first half and unlucky to be losing, Mitro's goal was not offside and I would like to see a replay of their goalkeeper kicking out while our players were complaining about the offside decision. I too am positive that we won't finish bottom, think we might finish 18th or 19th if we can start to score a few goals or a goal would be a start. Wouldn't mind seeing the same 11 picked for the Soton game, if we win that match then maybe onwards and upwards, if we lose well I will revert back to thinking we will finish bottom!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ron

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 11, 2018, 04:11:48 PM
I only caught the last two minutes properly and Joka looked really drawn out as the game entered injury time and then on the whistle hand shakes all round and straight down the tunnel on his own. He must be crucifying himself about the hows, whys and now ultimately the when.

According to the Telegraph yesterday, Slav was reported as saying; "After the Huddersfield game, I told them [the team] 'Listen, I am a fantastic coach'".....then;  "I did a fantastic job with my staff because everything we expected, we found it [in the Huddersfield game]" ...suggesting the players are not following instructions.

He then accused his players of "playing like kids".

I think that gives us an insight into the atmosphere in the dressing room.........