watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head Coach Liverpool reaction

Started by Lighthouse, November 11, 2018, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Slaviša Jokanović was left with mixed emotions after watching his Fulham side lose 2-0 at Liverpool in controversial circumstances.

The Whites thought they had taken the lead when Aleksandar Mitrović headed home a Tom Cairney cross, but the linesman's flag ruled it out.

Liverpool then went straight up the other end to open the scoring through Mohamed Salah. However, replays showed that Mitrović was being kept onside by Andy Robertson, and the ball was moving as goalkeeper Alisson went to take the subsequent free-kick.

"I watched the clips and Robertson definitely didn't squeeze up enough," Jokanović stated. "My players are onside and scored the goal. Is the ball rolling? Probably yes. It was a crucial moment and we went from being one goal up to one goal down.

"It's a complicated situation, but you must be sure before you make this kind of decision. We can talk about this situation for hours but the damage is done."

He added: "I don't want to say Liverpool don't deserve the win. They created the chances and scored the goals, but we didn't defend this counter attack well, although this counter attack shouldn't exist.

"It's a completely absurd situation, but we needed to defend. This guy [Salah] is really fast and finished the action well, but the sensation is that we're frustrated, disappointed.

"From another side, my team played a decent game against a complicated opponent. Even before we scored the goal we had two very good chances. We showed we can play organised and be solid against a really complicated team.

"I can't leave satisfied with this defeat but while we might not have taken a step forward, we definitely made half a step forward. The team showed desire, organisation and a positive face in looking for a better performance.

"Calum Chambers played as a holding defensive midfielder and gave us a little bit of balance and power. He did a good job outside of his natural position and can be an option we can think about in the future."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nick Bateman

Pleased Jokanovich has slated the appalling decision which cost Fulham the match, as he usually avoids criticising the officials.  The refs don't respect respect that is a fact!  But why did he bring on Seri for his captain?  A good manager should know who his best players are and his worse.

Chambers looked decent in defensive midfield.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

gang

I thought the Cairney / Seri substitution was down to mach fitness.

Spirit of 2000

Cairney was visibly struggling for 10 mins before. The only reason Seri replaced him.