watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only Rico and Mitro Prem Quality ....

Started by howitis, November 11, 2018, 01:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

We are massively out of our depth. I'm beyond criticism to players or manager. Both are out of their depth.
Mitro and Rico good enough - rest championship quality.

Struggling to feel any pride about our team right now. The quality is one thing but the lack of battling is wholly unacceptable.

Schwarzer just called it on BT sport, time for a change. I'm sure SJ has been dealt a bad hand by our recruitment policy/team but for his own sake and ours he is probably better served elsewhere.

As for our senior management team they need a very serious look in the mirror and we need a change on our recruitment.

If I had to pick one manager it would be Brendan Rodgers for me but not sure he would come. I just pray we don't get Allardyce, Moyes or Pardew.

I Ronic

If it was one of your last three. Would you still want a change?

Matt10

Seriously? We could have won that match with our "championship quality" team. If Sess scores, it throws momentum in our favor.

Come off it and what the pundits think. Championship quality mentality is what got us promoted, then the mentality in thinking it wasn't good enough is what got us to bottom of the table. This performance was a click in the right direction, and we need to build off of it.

Tonywa

Absolutely right.  I said last season that playing such open, defensively poor football in the Premier would be a disaster as the players at that level would be so much better at than us.  Recruitment has proved clueless and surely our home defeat against Tottenham in the cup showed how we were likely to do when promoted.  It's a shambles and making so many changes each game only makes things worse.  Clueless all round.

AnOldBrownie

This was a competitive match against arguably the second best team in the premiere league.  One of the top 10 offensive teams in all of football.

Ryan Sess, Cairney ...Odoi...at times Chambers...even Anguissa was good enough.

OP is wrong.

Keep this starting 11 next week and the week after international break.   See how they do their next two games.

Slav in.

Lighthouse

I can't agree that the players are not quality. I do believe the players for whatever reason have looked confused and unsure. But today they can't really be criticised. Although frankly I still don't know why it has taken so long for us to look a team and not an embarrassing bunch of strangers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Robbie

Bad referee ing today.  1 nil up we could have drawn

clanky

Obviously a los sis aloss but felt we showed signs of recovery, gave the ball away too much in midfield, there were glimpses of good play.

If Sess and later Mitro took their half chances, it would have been so much different.

We need to remember we were playing one of the top teams away from home. Can we really be that critical and expect 3 points when no other team has done that this season

I say stick with them and our manager, we have 26 games to survive

COYW

howitis

If you have attended all the home games this season and been away to Cardiff or Huddersfield i'm not quite sure how you can assess this team/players as Prem quality. It has been horrendous, verging on embarrassing. For those pin pointing the disallowed Mitro goal as the game changer today, you are deluded. Liverpool controlled this game and were never out of 2nd gear.

gezkc

Have to disagree with the OP - I thought that was a very promising performance, especially the first half, and the result could have been very different but for some questionable refereeing.

The second half wasn't as good for us. For whatever reason, Seri just isn't cutting it at the moment but to be honest none of the subs really added anything to the team.

If we can build on this performance, I think we'll be ok. The quality's there. We just need some confidence.

hovewhite

U don't think the UP is right as defeats go i didn't think that it was a cheap performance lauded to by the OP and it could of been 2-2. stay with this team let it grow.
To all Fulham fans support the team,the manager,each other and let us all become that extra man in our BELIEF in Slavs team and in him.
They need us for the fight!!!!

HV71

Quote from: hovewhite on November 11, 2018, 02:41:40 PM
U don't think the UP is right as defeats go i didn't think that it was a cheap performance lauded to by the OP and it could of been 2-2. stay with this team let it grow.
To all Fulham fans support the team,the manager,each other and let us all become that extra man in our BELIEF in Slavs team and in him.

👍 well said!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: howitis on November 11, 2018, 02:22:02 PM
If you have attended all the home games this season and been away to Cardiff or Huddersfield i'm not quite sure how you can assess this team/players as Prem quality. It has been horrendous, verging on embarrassing. For those pin pointing the disallowed Mitro goal as the game changer today, you are deluded. Liverpool controlled this game and were never out of 2nd gear.

I don't put much weight in this loss, just as I didn't put much weight in the Burnley win.

It's about how the team played on the pitch.

This was a good game by this season's standards.

Slav did good with the starting lineup, but I didn't like the subs.     

Slav in.    Next week will be the test to see if the team has turned a corner.

colinwhite

OP is so far off the mark I don t know where to start . This was more like what we could have expected to do at anfield before the start of the season. Today we tried to play when given the opportunity ,where solid and very unlucky to concede 2 goals ,scored aperfectly good goal and with a bit of luck could have had another. Liverpool are one of the best sides in europe and yet some of our fans are moaning about that performance, the same ones who wanted to sack the manager after our poor start last year. Thank god no one listened to them then and lets hope nobody does now either.

Bill2

While I will agree a number of our players, including the new signings are not Prem quality but it is more than the two you mention. I think that TC has shown he can still play at this level as does as does Schurle. Ryan S who apparently covered the most ground today out of both teams is looking very good especially as he is still only 18, it is just that those around them are not. This is shown with their poor passing and lack of any desire to compete.

WindyCity

Quote from: colinwhite on November 11, 2018, 03:17:05 PM
OP is so far off the mark I don t know where to start . This was more like what we could have expected to do at anfield before the start of the season. Today we tried to play when given the opportunity ,where solid and very unlucky to concede 2 goals ,scored aperfectly good goal and with a bit of luck could have had another. Liverpool are one of the best sides in europe and yet some of our fans are moaning about that performance, the same ones who wanted to sack the manager after our poor start last year. Thank god no one listened to them then and lets hope nobody does now either.

Sure, much better from the boys today, but a manager sacking wouldn't be out of the realm, and should likely still be considered.  Just trying to be realistic.  This losing streak needs to end, and end soon, or this season is down the tubes.  That Huddersfield performance was brutal, just brutal, a total embarrassment.  Even today, though much better, we saw once again a second half regression.  Would have been nice to test their keeper with the sun in his face, wearing a baseball cap.  Just nothing offered in the second half, which has been a theme throughout this season.  I remain hopeful still after this Liverpool loss, but a change could be a good thing.

FFCSteve

We had more than two players on the pitch today! Considering who we were playing we did well first half! Unfortunate circumstances and lack of luck conspired against us.
I felt we were a much more cohesive team today! Not perfect by any means. They always had an overlap going forward. We didn't close down fast enough. Dodgy passing! But a step in the right direction. Somewhere to build from!
Jokanovic must start with the same starting 11 and get the team settled now!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

MikeW

Bill2: Sorry but I remain unconvinced TC can perform at this level.  Needs far too much time to get the ball onto his left foot, the oppo nearly always read his 'deft little touches' and, well, he's too slow.  My opinion.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

cheese pie

Quote from: hovewhite on November 11, 2018, 02:41:40 PM

Agree  049:gif