more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is ridiculous

Started by ex-Pat, November 12, 2018, 02:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on November 12, 2018, 02:04:23 PM
Yes sir, very good sir and do you want me to change my Brexit vote too?
Only if you voted leave!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 12, 2018, 02:31:11 PM
Just what the forum needed. Another Slavisa out post
I didn't start that 1, in fact I haven't started any thread on that subject, not yet anyway!

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 12, 2018, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: nose on November 12, 2018, 03:29:26 PM
i thought our season might just have started on sunday. it was a top class performance for all 90 minutes undermined by two dreadful decisions. but i thought we were really good throughout. i have been critical of anguisa, he played for 70 minutes but tired and was replaced... i have been especially harsh on schurrle but I thought he was outstanding and genuinel;y showed what he can do when he puts his mind to it.... chambers at central mid was just what we needed......   joca has found the right combination and key for me was chambers, a proper tackler in front of the defence.....   the manager has earned himself some more time and I hope he continues with this side and approach because we will start winning if we keep that up!

Steady, yes we were better but 90mins?
Second half like others this season we were nowhere to be seen,apart from a 5 minute spell of pressure.
For a moment Mince I thought you had changed colours like Nose, glad at the end of 90 minutes you came back to your senses. Too much time in the garden shed m8!!

cheese pie

Apart from shouting "SLAV OUT", some people do not have any other interest on this forum. Why is that? How come they don't participate in any other topic? They are even louder now, despite boys finally showed some promising effort on Sunday. I'm really interested to see if they gonna comment, after we beat Southampton next match...OH YES, WE WILL!  :clap_hands:

nose returns

Quote from: davew on November 12, 2018, 08:00:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 12, 2018, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: nose on November 12, 2018, 03:29:26 PM
i thought our season might just have started on sunday. it was a top class performance for all 90 minutes undermined by two dreadful decisions. but i thought we were really good throughout. i have been critical of anguisa, he played for 70 minutes but tired and was replaced... i have been especially harsh on schurrle but I thought he was outstanding and genuinel;y showed what he can do when he puts his mind to it.... chambers at central mid was just what we needed......   joca has found the right combination and key for me was chambers, a proper tackler in front of the defence.....   the manager has earned himself some more time and I hope he continues with this side and approach because we will start winning if we keep that up!

Steady, yes we were better but 90mins?
Second half like others this season we were nowhere to be seen,apart from a 5 minute spell of pressure.
For a moment Mince I thought you had changed colours like Nose, glad at the end of 90 minutes you came back to your senses. Too much time in the garden shed m8!!

Have I changed my colours?
I say what I see and then try and make sense of it.

Before liverpool it was all doom and gloom  and I doubted the manager. after liverpool I can see light at the end of the tunnel. if he, the manager, makes mega changes for the southampton game, if chambers does not play the same midfield role, then I will doubt  him as a sensible long term option. My colours are not changed and to the maximum pompous effect I can bring, my colours are black and white (though strictly speaking neither of those are colours).

Lighthouse

Quote from: cheese pie on November 13, 2018, 12:53:18 AM
Apart from shouting "SLAV OUT", some people do not have any other interest on this forum. Why is that? How come they don't participate in any other topic? They are even louder now, despite boys finally showed some promising effort on Sunday. I'm really interested to see if they gonna comment, after we beat Southampton next match...OH YES, WE WILL!  :clap_hands:

I didn't see the miraculous improvement that others saw. I have lost faith in our coach. But will I be relieved and overjoyed if we win or even put in a 90 minute plus performance? You bet. Will I argue that all those that claimed the players are rubbish were wrong? You bet. Will I concede that our coach is a wonderful miracle worker and more important that the club even if we get relegates? No. Tiny steps. But for or against we ALL want Fulham to stay up. This isn't a them and us, for or against Joka as many fans like to make out. This is a what is the best way for us to stay up debate. Who cares who is in charge as long as we do. But 45 minutes of ok football even against a cruising Liverpool doesn't make me change my opinions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 13, 2018, 12:07:09 PM
Will I argue that all those that claimed the players are rubbish were wrong? You bet.

Genuine question: What about those who claimed the players were signed too late and have been poor not because they're "rubbish", but because they've needed the first few months of the season to adapt to this team/league (and in some cases, to get up to full fitness)?

Similarly what about those who claim many of the players, whilst not "rubbish", aren't worth what we paid for them?

Kent Cassandra

ex pat and davew both doubt me about whether  am I a Eurosceptic well no politics on here but all I will say is that I agreed with General de Gaul. I think Slav is OK but as  I have said before many times, I KNOW nothing.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on November 13, 2018, 12:22:02 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 13, 2018, 12:07:09 PM
Will I argue that all those that claimed the players are rubbish were wrong? You bet.

Genuine question: What about those who claimed the players were signed too late and have been poor not because they're "rubbish", but because they've needed the first few months of the season to adapt to this team/league (and in some cases, to get up to full fitness)?

Similarly what about those who claim many of the players, whilst not "rubbish", aren't worth what we paid for them?

First of all no player is worth the ridiculous amounts of money clubs are prepared to pay for players. It is making the game a farce when wages and transfer fees of such huge amounts are needed for average players.  Players who were signed late have had plenty of time and so has the coach who works with them every day to have established how good or bad or what position they can play by now. Or how to play in a new league. The huge amounts of money being paid out shouldn't mean we have to wait so long for players and coach to be aware of what is going on. Players shouldn't need the luxury of waiting a few months to shine. Besides players like Seri have gone backwards in form so that again makes the argument of signing players late a mixed one.

As for full fitness. What the hell are we signing players for such huge amounts if they are not fit. The Mawson argument is that he was still getting over his injury well he played poorly. I don't know the truth or otherwise. I do know that by dropping him we have to wait for arguably the best defender we have to turn out for us. Hopefully he is now fit and able to be available.

I Ronic

Actually very little of what you or I buy is worth the money we pay for it. Let's take potatoes. There's the original cost of the tuber, planting, keeping an eye on the crop, harvesting and finally the farmer adds his bit of profit. We don't get it at that price though do we. It passes through a number of warehouses etc and profit is added at every level. Until you come along and make your choice of who has the kind of potatoes you want and you pay accordingly. Our head butler and his team looked at what was available on the shelves. Where they'd been grown, looked after etc and made their choices. Unfortunately down in the kitchen Chef has had a few problems. Some of the shopping arrived late, it's also a new guest list. Which frankly expects a better meal than last year's guests did. So there have been problems. Although the meal he served Sunday was arguably his best, the waiters managed to buggered it up for us. However he and our little crop of home grown and new spuds have a break. New recipes will be tried and tested ready for the next big banquet in a couple of weeks. Where hopefully all will start to see an exciting menu served quickly and enjoy the taste and quality of what's laid before them.

cheese pie

Quote from: I Ronic on November 13, 2018, 04:05:21 PM
Actually very little of what you or I buy is worth the money we pay for it. Let's take potatoes. There's the original cost of the tuber, planting, keeping an eye on the crop, harvesting and finally the farmer adds his bit of profit. We don't get it at that price though do we. It passes through a number of warehouses etc and profit is added at every level. Until you come along and make your choice of who has the kind of potatoes you want and you pay accordingly. Our head butler and his team looked at what was available on the shelves. Where they'd been grown, looked after etc and made their choices. Unfortunately down in the kitchen Chef has had a few problems. Some of the shopping arrived late, it's also a new guest list. Which frankly expects a better meal than last year's guests did. So there have been problems. Although the meal he served Sunday was arguably his best, the waiters managed to buggered it up for us. However he and our little crop of home grown and new spuds have a break. New recipes will be tried and tested ready for the next big banquet in a couple of weeks. Where hopefully all will start to see an exciting menu served quickly and enjoy the taste and quality of what's laid before them.

077.gif

Lighthouse

Quote from: I Ronic on November 13, 2018, 04:05:21 PM

Or you just need a better chef. One that doesn't change the menu every five seconds and keeps claiming the potatoes are off.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on November 12, 2018, 06:33:58 PM
There were some encouraging signs on Sunday, perhaps the most important was that Jocanovic was prepared to change his tactics to counter the opposition.

A win against Southampton is now all important, lose that match and we will really be in big trouble and looking for changes.

Well, to be honest, I thought the same could have been said of the Huddersfield tilt, and that turned out to be a major disaster.