watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (13/10/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 13, 2010, 07:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/DembeleEagertoReturn.aspx?
Mousa Eager to Return

Mousa Dembele is raring to get back into competitive action for the Whites after making good progress recovering from the injury he sustained in Fulham's Carling Cup encounter against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.

The talented attacker was stretchered off after finding himself on the receiving end of a badly timed tackle from Stoke's Andy Wilkinson late on in the game. However, having taken part in a number of training sessions recently, Dembele feels a return to action is not too far away.

"Now it's alright, I've already trained three times with the group and I've had no pain, just if I shoot really hard, then I have a little bit," he said. "But I think in the following days that will disappear. I'm happy that the injury wasn't that serious."

Injury aside, Dembele has enjoyed a promising introduction to English football, having produced some eye-catching displays for Mark Hughes' side.

"When I came here everybody was really nice and they made it much easier for me to come into the team," he explained. "It's been perfect and the team also has a high quality of football. They are all players who have played in the Premier League for a long time so it's normal to expect that they are high quality players. It's also good for me because I can become a better footballer through training with good players.

"I like English football very much, the stadiums and supporters are nice and the game is very fast. It's also hard but I like it very much. I'm really happy that I came to the Premier League. I don't feel like I have to change my game here. I will learn a few more things because it's more physical here but I don't think that I have had to change my whole game."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/DembeleEagertoReturn.aspx?#ixzz12DY6wiMT

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/6439172/Cottagers-tracking-Swedish-keeper?
Cottagers tracking Swedish keeper

Trelleborgs FF have confirmed that Fulham are keeping tabs on their promising keeper Viktor Noring.

The 19-year-old is highly rated by the Swedish club and has already attracted the interest of Palermo and Ajax.

Chairman Per-Anders Abrahamsson expects the teenager to leave the club at some stage, but refused to confirm his destination.

Noring is already a first-team regular for Trelleborgs FF and now Abrahamsson says Fulham have watched him up close and personal.

"Yes, Fulham have watched Viktor," Abrahamsson told Expressen. "Sooner or later, he will leave us."

Fulham number one Mark Schwarzer was linked with Arsenal over the summer and he could yet join The Gunners in January, meaning manager Mark Hughes could be in the market for a new keeper.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/10/the-world-continues-spinning/?

The World Continues Spinning...
by GATESY on OCTOBER 12, 2010

Now, if you solely trust Sky Sports News and many of the newspapers there is nothing else happening in the world of football at the moment, other than the circus happening at 'the peoples club' Liverpool. While International weeks are always a dire time consisting of very little football news and a few boring international games a couple or three things have happened.

A lot of our boys have been away with their national teams since we last played in the league. From my Norwegian spy I've been reliably informed that Brede was led by example in their 2-1 victory against Cyprus, leaving them top of their group with three wins from three.

Norn Iron won a credible point by holding former world champions Italy to a scoreless draw at home. Aaron Hughes and Bairdy, along with former Whites Healy, Davies and Maik Taylor all participating in the game.

Hungary enjoyed a comfortable eight nil win at home against San Marino. Our lad Gera getting on the score sheet with a 94th minute penalty.

Over in Chicago Dempsey helped Team USA to a two all draw against Poland. Eddie Johnson failed to take the field and took up his usual role as a bench warmer.A nice touch before the game was bringing former Fulham captain Brian McBride out to a fantastic welcome to celebrate the striker before he retires at the end of the season.

Having taken charge at Leicester last weekend, Erikson is after making fellow Swede Erik Stoor his first signing at the not quite midlands, not southern club. Only having made a handful of appearances for us and not making the bench to regularly these days a loan move could initially be on the cards.

One Swede out another one in? There's a few stories floating around suggesting we've been anticipating Schwarzer moving on in January and are keeping tabs on Victor Noring. Currently part of the Swedish Under 21 side and thought of highly at his club side Trellenborgs FF and has an impressive record since making his first team debut at the age of 18. I suspect talk of us signing a keep would spur some papers into assuming Schwarzer is as good as gone, but come January the Asian Championships kick off leaving us without our first choice 'keeper for possibly up to five weeks. Considering this could be an important time of the season with the FA Cup kicking off too providing some back up is probably a wise move regardless of Schwarzer moving on or not.

Possibly the only person from the Liverpool area not talking about goings on at Anfield, and making it sound like the end of the world, has been our captain Danny Murphy. After pointing out, with good cause, that some of the swath of bad challenges that have swamped the top division so far this season could have something to do with the styles of play managers are adopting.

"You get managers who are sending their teams out to stop other teams playing, which is happening more and more – the Stokes, Blackburns, Wolves. They can say it's effective and they have got to win games but the fact is the managers are sending out their players so pumped up there is inevitably going to be problems. The pace in which some players go into tackles now is ridiculous. There's no brains involved in the players who are doing that."

The League Managers Association have not taken kindly though and issued a statement :

"It is inappropriate for individuals to direct criticism at certain managers who are honest, professional and continue to achieve success on the field with their clubs.

"The accomplishments of the managers mentioned should be applauded rather than publicly judged. Professional football managers certainly do not incite their players to go out and cause injury to fellow professionals."

The big loser in all this is us though. It has been decided by the club and player that Murphy won't be joining the hilarious Adrian Chiles, the beautiful shirt wearing Southgate and tactic truck-less Townsend on ITV tonight to summarise the England game.

WhiteJC

http://sport.virginmedia.com/football/article/2010/10/12/gould_slams_murphy_comments?
Gould slams Murphy comments
Former Wolves striker Bobby Gould has slammed Fulham skipper Danny Murphy after his verbal attack on the midlands club, claiming "he should keep his mouth shut".

Murphy hit out at Wolves, Stoke and Blackburn for "being so pumped up that there are inevitably going to be problem".

His comments came in the aftermath of Wolves captain Karl Henry being sent off at Wigan for a reckless lunge on Jordi Gomez. But Gould, who also had a spell as manager of the often maligned Wimbledon 'Crazy Gang', believes Murphy is out of order.

He told the Wolverhampton Express And Star : "There's a lot of bunkum being spoken by a few people at the moment.

"They should shut their traps and get on and do what they're paid to do, which is play.

"If you're the one who's injured in a tackle, you have a right to voice an opinion. There are too many players getting blase at the moment and it's nothing to do with them."

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6441946,00.html?
Davies glad to see AJ back
Fulham midfielder impressed with striker's return from injury

Fulham midfielder Simon Davies is pleased to see the return of knee injury victim Andrew Johnson to the first-team.

Johnson has made just 13 appearances for the Cottagers in the past two seasons, missing the business end of the team's stunning run to the Europa League final last campaign.

The 29-year-old's return comes at a good time for Mark Hughes' side, following the long-term lay-off of talisman Bobby Zamora.
The England international has been in training for the West London side for several weeks now, and Davies has been impressed with what he has seen.

Sharp

"He's looking sharp," Davies told the club's official website.

"I've been talking to AJ a lot because I was out for a long time last season and he was asking me, 'did you feel this tired when you came back?'

"When you first come back in, the adrenalin gets you back training and then you realise how hard that is every day. Then come the games, you can train as much as you want but you need the games, whether they're reserve or First Team games, to get the minutes under your belt and get your confidence back.

"You build up and get your strength and stamina back from that. The main thing is that his knee isn't giving him a problem so if we can get him back fit and firing he'll be like a new signing.

"The manager wants to try and get behind teams and that's AJ's strength, he loves running the channels and when he's fit, he's as quick as anything. So I think it'll be perfect for him and he'll be another great option to have."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216708
Fulham - Stockdale is Your Man!
Unfortunately, I let our latest poll run a little too long and fester a little.

Thankfully the longer than usual length the poll was live for doesn`t appear to have affected the results.

Our poll, based on the continuing uncertainty over the future of Mark Schwarzer, asked what action you`d prefer Fulham to take if the goalkeeper were to leave in January.

Should we stick with David Stockdale?

Should we try and lure the Manchester City #2, Shay Given to Craven Cottage?

Or should we enter the market for another keeper?

Three very decisive options which gave us the following result:-

1st - Give David Stockdale a chance - 57%

2nd - Go for Shay Given - 35%

3rd - Go for A.N. Other keeper - 8%

Did our community, as a whole, arrive at the correct decision?

Your thoughts please!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216708#ixzz12DZfF8KQ

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216707
Fulham - Murphy Withdraws!
Yesterday we queried whether, after his recent remarks, whether Danny Murphy had elevated himself to public enemy #1!

For simply telling things as he saw them, Danny has found himself pilloried from several angles and it appears, if our information is correct, that Danny has decided to lie low for awhile, well at least until Saturday when we entertain a former club of his, Tottenham.

Our sources are telling us that, after talks with Mark Hughes, Danny has decided to withdraw from being a television pundit on ITV`s coverage of the England v Montenegro fixture.

It`s possibly the correct decision considering the kerfuffle engulfing him at the moment although it does also give us one less reason to watch England tonight!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216707#ixzz12DZtDs00

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216706
Fulham - Stoor Exit Nears!
The Fulham career of Fredrik Stoor never really took off.

It`s been a stuttering affair which could now be nearing its end.

With Stoor, now 27 years of age, not being part of Mark Hughes` plans it`s being suggested that Stoor could well be on the verge of going out on loan again.

Having dropped down into the Championship to play for Derby, one leading red-top is now inferring that Stoor is on the verge of dropping back into the Championship to play for another East Midlands side, Leicester City.

Leicester, now with Sven Goran Eriksson in charge, are backed by Thai owners and when approached about new signings, Sven is quoted as having remarked,

"I am in a good situation because I spoke to the owner and asked 'How much money is on the table?` and the answer was 'You tell me what you need,` so that is very good."

"We can`t buy any players until January. Maybe we can take one or two on loan until December."

Which is where, according to the leading red-top, Stoor comes in with the inference being that the Scandinavian will join his fellow Scandinavian at the Walkers Stadium, on loan, until January.

If it is a move that comes off then we`d like to wish Stoor all the best.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=216706#ixzz12Da78AGw

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1319907/Fulham-striker-Moussa-Dembele-edges-closer-comeback-injury.html?
Fulham striker Moussa Dembele edges closer to comeback after injury

Fulham striker Moussa Dembele has admitted he is desperate for a return to action as he fights back from injury.

Dembele suffered ankle ligament injury after he was the victim of a late challenge from Stoke's Andy Wilkinson at the end of a Carling Cup tie last month.

Fulham boss Mark Hughes slammed Wilkinson for the challenge after the game, calling it 'absolutely ridiculous'.

The forward senses a comeback is near however, saying: 'Now it's alright, I've already trained three times with the group and I've had no pain, just if I shoot really hard, then I have a little bit.

'But I think in the following days that will disappear. I'm happy that the injury wasn't that serious.'

Dembele has also spoken about how much he has enjoyed playing for Fulham since signing in the summer.

'When I came here everybody was really nice and they made it much easier for me to come into the team.

'It's been perfect and the team also has a high quality of football. They are all players who have played in the Premier League for a long time so it's normal to expect that they are high quality players. It's also good for me because I can become a better footballer through training with good players.

'I like English football very much, the stadiums and supporters are nice and the game is very fast. It's also hard but I like it very much. I'm really happy that I came to the Premier League.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1319907/Fulham-striker-Moussa-Dembele-edges-closer-comeback-injury.html?#ixzz12DaVwhDQ

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6442156,00.html?
Fulham could agree partnership
St Pauli hope to secure cooperation deal with Cottagers

St Pauli interim chairman Stefan Orth hopes to secure a deal with Premier League outfit Fulham with regards to sharing players.

The Bundesliga club are keen to ensure they are offered first choice of players who have been made available for loan by Mark Hughes' Fulham.
Cottagers vice-chairman Michael Cole has therefore been invited to visit Germany as Orth wants to agree the deal.

He told BILD: "I have been on tour in England this spring. I was able to visit Arsenal and Fulham.

"At Fulham I was introduced to almost everything by their vice-chairman Michael Cole. We had a chat and understood that our clubs share common characteristics.

"I can imagine a co-operation set up between our two clubs. Fulham and our club have the same way to progress."

"Fulham have a strong and big squad. Maybe a player that is not in the first team at Fulham could gain a boost from a loan spell at our club."

Orth added: "I have invited him (Cole) to one of our next home fixtures. Then we will discuss a lot of things, among them a co-operation as well as regular friendlies."

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/davies-glad-see-fulham-striker-johnson-first-team-contention-1176151?
Davies glad to see Fulham striker Johnson in first team contention

Fulham midfielder Simon Davies is pleased injury victim Andrew Johnson is back in the first-team.

Johnson has made just 13 appearances for the Cottagers in the past two seasons, missing the business end of the team's stunning run to the Europa League final last campaign.

The 29-year-old's return comes at a good time for Mark Hughes' side, following the long-term lay-off of talisman Bobby Zamora.

"He's looking sharp," Davies told the club's official website.

"I've been talking to AJ a lot because I was out for a long time last season and he was asking me, 'did you feel this tired when you came back?'

"When you first come back in, the adrenalin gets you back training and then you realise how hard that is every day. Then come the games, you can train as much as you want but you need the games, whether they're reserve or First Team games, to get the minutes under your belt and get your confidence back.

"You build up and get your strength and stamina back from that. The main thing is that his knee isn't giving him a problem so if we can get him back fit and firing he'll be like a new signing.

"The manager wants to try and get behind teams and that's AJ's strength, he loves running the channels and when he's fit, he's as quick as anything. So I think it'll be perfect for him and he'll be another great option to have."

WhiteJC

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/clint-v-poland/?
Clint v Poland
Filed under: General — rich
While we watch England and Montenegro struggle on, here's a bit of feedback from Clint's recent performance for the US in Poland (a 2-2 draw):

Sports Illustrated – 5/10  — The usual bit of scrappiness; he got involved regularly banging around and trying to win balls. On the other hand he rarely linked with wingers and probably needed to get closer to the pair behind him in possession.

Socceramerica.com – 6/10 — Clever and creative touches went unrewarded, he also scraped through tackles and double-teams fearlessly. When denied space by the Polish defenders he worked the fringes of the attacking quadrant. He started up front as the second forward in a 4-4-2, and shifted to midfield in the second half.

SoccerbyIves – 6/10 — One player who seemed to enjoy the new U.S. system, Dempsey worked well with his midfielders to move the ball around and made use of the freedom that came with playing behind Altidore.

The essential Clint Dempsey, then.

White Noise

http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2010/10/13/on-the-bench-with-neil-etheridge-fulhams-philippines-interna/

On the Bench...with Neil Etheridge, Fulham's Philippines International

.13/10/2010 3:44 AM GMT

By Ben Hunt

It is the position on the teamsheet that managers often have the most difficulty filling, yet it is arguably the most crucial role too.

When a player is between the posts his responsibility is to ensure his side earn a clean sheet. Forwards usually get all the glory, but goalkeepers can win matches too, so a good keeper is worth holding on to.

And that is exactly the case at Fulham, who rebuffed Arsenal's bids in the transfer window for Australian international Mark Schwarzer.

The Cottagers have a history of signing talented goalkeepers. Edwin van der Sar, Antti Niemi and Schwarzer have earned excellent reviews while playing at Craven Cottage.

David Stockdale is the latest player to look at adding his name to that list as he made an excellent start to the season while Schwarzer was sidelined with a back problem.

Yet search below the first team and there is another young goalkeeper who is waiting for his chance to shine. But Neil Etheridge's route to becoming Fulham's third choice goalkeeper has not been a conventional one. Follow Us on Twitter Friend Us on Facebook iPhone App - Get It Now
Like other youngsters, he wanted to be a forward but was convinced to switch to playing in goal while he was attending the Chelsea academy. And it is a move that has paid off - ironically for the Blues' rivals.

Etheridge told Inquirer Sports about how he moved positions. He said: "Almost everyone wants to be an outfield player but people need to understand that if a team doesn't have a goalkeeper, it can't play.

"Goalkeepers do a lot of things that people don't see. They talk to the defenders. And of course, aside from making saves, we also have to play football.

"The back four work with goalkeepers, passing the ball around the back to make plays and they also get involved in the strategy on attack. So, I hope people will take notice of that when I play."

The Fulham scouts certainly did take notice as he was signed and quickly loaned out to non-League side Leatherhead to gain some experience in September 2008.

While he was turning out in for Isthmian League Division One South club, Etheridge was approached by the Philippine Football Federation about representing their nation at international level.

Etheridge, who had played for the England under-16's and turned down their initial approach in 2007, was eligible through his mother and, after talking tp former Chelsea team mate and Philippine forward Phil Younghusband, he accepted the offer.

Etheridge made his international debut in the 2008 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers but the Philippines failed to reach the finals. More bad news came in the form of a knee operation in September 2009.

Etheridge was expected to be ruled out for the whole of the 2009-10 season, however, he recovered quicker than expected and did feature for Fulham's reserves to make nine appearances and earn an extension to his contract until the summer of 2011.

The 20-year-old's remarkable rise to the first team came this September when he was called in to Mark Hughes' squad for their home match with Wolves because Stockdale had an ankle injury.

He continued to occupy that seat on the bench while Stockdale recovered, although Hughes had former Switzerland international keeper Pascal Zuberbuhler at his disposal.

And, given Fulham's wretched luck when it comes to injured forwards this season, it might even useful to have Etheridge available as an emergency striker!

White Noise

Zolly's Euro Glory

Wednesday 13th October 2010

Hungary celebrated a dramatic injury time victory over Finland on Tuesday night in a Euro 2012 qualifier. Balász Dzsudzsák struck the winner four minutes into added time that moved Hungary into second place in Group E.

Hungary have now recorded three wins from four outings in Group E with Gera's return to the international fold proving a masterstroke.

Crunch time for Hungary will come next Spring when Gera and company will face Group E leaders the Netherlands twice in the space of four days.

Aaron Hughes and Chris Baird endured a frustrating night in Toftir as Northern Ireland were held to a 1-1 draw against the Faroe Islands.

Fulham's defensive duo both played the full 90 minutes as the Faroe Islands secured their first point in EURO 2012 qualifying.

The hero for the home side was 40-year-old goalkeeper Jákup Mikkelsen who kept Northern Ireland's late rally at bay. Christian Lamhauge Holst stunned the visitors on the hour mark before Kyle Lafferty equalised 14 minutes from time.

Whilst Northern Ireland now reside in fourth place in Group C, they are only two points off leaders Italy and can get back on track on March 25th when they play Serbia (away) before entertaining Slovenia at Windsor Park a few days later.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/ZollyEuroGlory.aspx#ixzz12Ebb8gwb

White Noise

Getting to Work

Wednesday 13th October 2010

Fulham FC Foundation recently travelled to White Hart Lane to join other London Football Clubs to celebrate new career opportunities given to young people from across the capital.

Earlier this year the Department of Work and Pensions provided £400,000 worth of Future Jobs funding to six London football clubs. In partnership with Croydon College, Fulham FC Foundation along with the community schemes at Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Brentford, Charlton Athletic and West Ham, helped to create 56 new jobs for young people aged 18-24.

For the past six months, the young people have been employed as assistant coaches within football club community schemes, given training and work experience as well as a salary. All participants have worked towards their NVQ qualifications with 28 young people across all of the clubs going on to earn apprenticeships as coaches and complete a full NVQ Level 2 in Sport and Active Leadership.

Fulham FC Foundation has successfully recruited 3 new apprentices, Cornelius Bernard, Charlie Bickell and Brady Lindsay. They were given the chance to give presentations on their achievements at White Hart Lane before being awarded a certificate of achievement by Tottenham Hotspur Club Ambassador Ossie Ardiles.

Earlier in the day, participants showcased their new coaching skills by running multi-sports coaching sessions with children at St Frances de Sales Primary School in Tottenham.

For the three young people that are now employed at Fulham FC Foundation as an Activity Leader apprentice, the next 10 months are an exciting time for them. They will have the opportunity to access further training and qualifications as well as developing the skills which will turn them into a fantastic Fulham FC Foundation Community Coach.

Steven Day, Chief Executive of Fulham Football Club Foundation, said: "The Future Job Fund Programme provided a brilliant opportunity for leading Football clubs across London to work together. The impact that this programme has had on 56 young people has been extraordinary, increasing their skill set and their employability.

"Although young people make up a large proportion of those unemployed, this programme has proved that Football Clubs can really contribute to Government Initiatives; helping young people to get back into work."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/GettingBacktoWork.aspx#ixzz12EdtNijP

White Noise

Why the ludicrous reaction to Danny Murphy suggests football doesn't want to cut out horror tackles after all

By Darren Lewis

Published 11:02 13/10/10

So do we want bad tackling out or not?

Do we want to rid the game of the kind of injury which sees good players laid up for months at a time or not?

Because the way in which football shot the messenger last week suggests not.

Danny Murphy had no axe to grind in calling it as he saw it last week .

It IS true to say that Stoke are serial offenders when it comes to things that make you go 'ooh!'.

You DO wince when you see the kind of challenge for which justice caught up with Wolves' Karl Henry last week.

And most right-thinking people - players as well as fans - are united in the belief that Nigel De Jong's tackle on Hatem Ben Arfa the other day should have seen the Manchester City midfielder punished.

Forget this argument that, had Ben Arfa got up and walked away, nothing would have been said about it.

That's a bit like saying, if you drive at 120 miles an hour its okay as long as you don't crash.

Bad tackles are not just the ones in which players go in two footed over the top of the ball.

They also include the kind of scissor tackle that De Jong appeared to use. The kind where, if you don't get the opponent with the leg you lead with, you get him with the other.

So, in essence, you can make contact with the ball by employing a scissor tackle and still injure your opponent at the same time.

The tricky thing is, football is a bit like the Emperor's New Clothes, where you have to shake your head, tut-tut and fall into line with everyone else when you are condemning something widely accepted to be abhorrent.

But you can't name names. Not unless the culprit is a) foreign, b) doesn't speak English very well and can't fight back or c) Is English but everyone outside his club hates him anyway (i.e., Joey Barton or Ashley Cole).

So the likes of Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez, Jose Mourinho and Juande Ramos got/get it on a regular basis. And De Jong is currently the Premier League punchbag.

But it's a heresy to speak ill of Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis or Mick McCarthy. Or their offenders - Ryan Shawcross, Andy Wilkinson or Henry.

If you do - despite the fact that, as a player currently plying his trade at the moment you should know better than most what goes on - expect to get the spotlight turned on you.

Witness also the way in which Murphy's comments were distorted from:

"Managers are sending their teams out to stop other sides playing...so pumped up, there's inevitably going to be problems."

To:

"Managers are sending their players out to deliberately kill, injure or maim opponents".

Witness the way in which players were wheeled out and asked: "Have you ever been told to deliberately hurt or injure a fellow professional?"

To which there is - and can only be - one answer. Of course not.

Witness also former Wolves striker Bobby Gould among the many critics popping up to warn Murphy to "keep his mouth shut".

And then you see there is more than a slight element of omerta surrounding this issue. Everybody wants something done but nobody wants to speak.

Which is why the last official word on the subject came from the League Managers' Association's quite ludicrous missive on Monday chastising Murphy .

"Professional football managers certainly do not incite their players to go out and cause injury to fellow professionals" it said.

Er, well, as I pointed out earlier, Murphy did not SAY that.

But the statement adds: "It is inappropriate for individuals to direct criticism at certain managers who are honest, professional and continue to achieve success on the field with their clubs."

Nobody is saying either that Pulis, Allardyce and McCarthy are not superb at producing well-organised teams and inspiring players to produce excellent results against teams with better resources.

But does that mean they are immune to criticism? Apparently so according to the LMA who this week have not just told Murphy to shut up, but also warned other players not to speak their minds unless it is NICE things about our British managers.

Not nasty old tackling.

Because although we want to get rid of bad tackling, well, we don't REALLY. We just want to wring our hands and say how bad it is.

We just want to scratch our heads and wonder how to deal with it.

But if you're a player, don't you dare bothering to try and have a view or try to put forward an answer.

Not unless you want, as the messenger, to get shot.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/darren-lewis/Darren-Lewis-column-Why-the-ludicrous-reaction-to-Danny-Murphys-anti-tackling-rant-suggests-football-doesn-t-want-to-cut-out-horror-tackles-after-all-article600315.html#ixzz12EkTZwNp