more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton Build Up

Started by aaronmcguigan, November 13, 2018, 07:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Does anyone know if The pl or the FA will take any action against Charlie
Austin for his outburst? I wouldn't , as a fan, but you know what the officials are like!

Another point I've seen is that Bertrand is suspended, for his 5th yellow versus Watford,  so I'm assuming Matt Targett will  start against us?

Twig

Quote from: Newry FFC on November 13, 2018, 07:13:51 PM
Does anyone know if The pl or the FA will take any action against Charlie
Austin for his outburst? I wouldn't , as a fan, but you know what the officials are like!

Another point I've seen is that Bertrand is suspended, for his 5th yellow versus Watford,  so I'm assuming Matt Targett will  start against us?

He will probably score then.

filham

The last thing we want is Targett playing against us, bet he will have a blinder.

JoelH5

Bertrand is their captain isn't he? Good news if out
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 13, 2018, 10:20:21 PM
Bertrand is their captain isn't he? Good news if out

Yes he's been playing as captain with Steven Davis dropped behind Hojberg, Lemina and Ward Prowse

The Rock

Steven Davis is still playing?

Southampton is dreadful. I think we'll only lose by one goal. Got to be positive about this one.

HV71

If he is we are almost certainly snookered

The Rock

Quote from: HV71 on November 13, 2018, 10:50:00 PM

Not at all. He left even before Sanchez died. You are thinking of Baird.

SWSixer

Don't think Austin deserves any punishment. I thought it was hilarious.
Nice to get an honest opinion in the press conference. The interviewer didn't know what to think!

If you've not seen the Parklife mash-up do ye'self a favour; https://www.nme.com/news/music/someones-made-brilliant-mash-southamptons-charlie-austin-blurs-parklife-2401376

alfie

Quote from: The Rock on November 13, 2018, 11:09:17 PM
Quote from: HV71 on November 13, 2018, 10:50:00 PM

Not at all. He left even before Sanchez died. You are thinking of Baird.
I don't quite understand this response, what's Baird got to do with this.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Beamer

Couple of thoughts on Austin and the whole situation.
1. Would have been more impressive if he had mentioned that they had dodged a bullet when they didn't concede a dead cert penalty that VAR would have spotted and would almost certainly have led to a second yellow for Bertrand and him being sent off.
2. I still feel that when a player sways or ducks away from the ball going towards goal he should be assumed to be influencing the outcome and deemed offside. The logic being that he must feel that the ball would hit him otherwise and before getting out of the way he is making the keeper delay his decision about what action to take.
In much the same way although Mitro may or may not have been offside the player just in front and to the side of him definitely was and he jumps to try to head the ball which again influences the keeper's decision. It may well be that the linesman felt that he was offside and going for the ball so that persuaded him to put his flag up as he certainly couldn't judge Mitro's position from the view he had.