more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Claudio Ranieri is our new manager

Started by fulhamben, November 14, 2018, 09:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Claudio Ranieri Named Manager Of Fulham Football Club

Shahid Khan, Chairman of Fulham Football Club, today announced that he has appointed Claudio Ranieri as Manager of Fulham Football Club, replacing Slaviša Jokanović.

Ranieri, who led Leicester City to the Premier League title in 2016, was given a multi-year contract to lead Fulham, who currently sit at the bottom of the table with five points from 12 matches.  Fulham's next match is Saturday 24th November versus Southampton at Craven Cottage.

"It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri said. "The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

Khan thanked Jokanović for his service to Fulham, where he led the Club to two consecutive Play-Off appearances in the Sky Bet Championship and a 1-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley Stadium in May to secure promotion to the Premier League.

"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slaviša and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the Club and our supporters," Khan said. "Slaviša will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football. I am hoping everyone in the Fulham Family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slaviša and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

Khan said he and his son Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations at FFC, considered and spoke with a number of potential candidates within the past week, with Ranieri becoming their mutual and obvious choice. Tony Khan and his staff will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment and contractual agreements, and he will work closely with Ranieri.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential," Khan said. "Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/november/14/claudio-ranieri-named-manager-of-fulham-football-club
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Neil D

Ranieri.  Could have been worse(Allardyce, Moyes etc).  His English is less incomprehensible that Joka's.

JoelH5

Great appointment! Sorry to see Slav go but we have to try and save the season. Great manager with Premier League experience.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

PhilEsh

Think it's going to be official news at 9.30.

Deeping_white

The club statement effectively says Slav was gone after the Huddersfield game and the Liverpool game was irrelevant as they'd been speaking to managers anyway

JoelH5

Quote from: Deeping_white on November 14, 2018, 09:21:46 AM
The club statement effectively says Slav was gone after the Huddersfield game and the Liverpool game was irrelevant as they'd been speaking to managers anyway

Thought that was the case
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Holders

Monday 12th November:

SLAVISA JOKANOVIC

AM insisted that the Club remained supportive of Jokanovic and wanted him to be successful. He stated that the Club had won promotion due to Jokanovic's leadership and coaching methods and that they wanted Jokanovic to be the man to steer the Club through this difficult run of form. He referred to the recent coaching changes as evidence of Jokanovic taking difficult decisions to try and improve the team's performance and reiterated Shahid Khan's recent public statement of support.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Neil D

Slight concern about how this will impact on Mitro.  It seemed clear to me that a big factor in Mitro's success was Jokanovic - both being Serbs and Joka clearly knowing how to get the best out of him.  I hope Ranieri doesn't do a Benitez on him.  That apart, I am not displeased.

Spirit of 2000

Sad for Slav - think he deserved a bit longer, at least the Soton game. Happy with Ranieri as a replacement though - was terrified it would be Moyes. Ran-i-eri's Blah wah army ....

John Dowie Fan Club

Hi, Looking for some advice! My son just graduated. He's always wanted to see Fulham. Travelling down from Glasgow weekend of 15th December for West Ham game. What are the chances of picking up 2 tickets?

MikeTheCubed

(Happy with the replacement though in fairness)

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: John Dowie Fan Club on November 14, 2018, 09:29:27 AM
Hi, Looking for some advice! My son just graduated. He's always wanted to see Fulham. Travelling down from Glasgow weekend of 15th December for West Ham game. What are the chances of picking up 2 tickets?
Depends how well off you are

Statto

Jokanovic was the 2nd best manager we've had this millennium IMO and one of the most highly regarded up-and-coming managers in Europe until a few months ago.

Agree with others that this could adversely affect our best player, Mitrovic as well.

I like Ranieri so I will give the Khans the benefit of the doubt for now but my strong opinion is they've acted too soon, and given their terrible record with interventions of this nature, this really is the last chance saloon for them.

If this doesn't work out Khan has to get out of this club and take his son and his stats with him, rather than put
us through the Mulensteen-Curbishley-Wilkins-Magath-Rigg-Kline-Gray-Symons multi-year circus.

Fulham76

I notice they call him 'manager' rather than head coach.

Perhaps things are changing behind the scenes as well with regard  to transfers?

Holders

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 14, 2018, 09:37:53 AM

Perhaps things are changing behind the scenes as well with regard  to transfers?

I hadn't noticed that but it's a good observation.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FULHAMinHK

Not quite - "Tony Khan and his staff will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment and contractual agreements, and he will work closely with Ranieri."

ron

Once again a recent vote of confidence and the phrase "I have every faith etc...." has proved fatal to a head coach...

Having said that, the situation just couldn't continue the way it was. We hope the phrase; "A new broom sweeps clean" works to  clear away the despair and habit of defeat that has infected the dressing room this season.

John Dowie Fan Club

Posted by: Neutral Zone Ultra
« on: Today at 09:32:42 AM » Insert Quote
Quote from: John Dowie Fan Club on Today at 09:29:27 AM
Depends how well off you are

What is going rate for ticket? Club website doesn't specify.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Holders on November 14, 2018, 09:39:51 AM

I hadn't noticed that but it's a good observation.

I thought he'd been in the UK a lot recently. He was already in UK following the Leicester chairman's crash and I wondered if something like this was on the cards somewhere.