watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Claudio Ranieri is our new manager

Started by fulhamben, November 14, 2018, 09:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

That's probably down to him - he has a bit of status in the game - not sure how much it wil affect transfers, but I'm sure he demanded some  say at least.

I think he was in a position to  lay down some demands to Fulham in return for, hopefully, rescuing them and khan's investment.

simplyfulham

This does absolutely smack of short termism.

While it's doffult to argue that Slav should have stayed, so I won't do that, if we got relegated with Slav, I imagine we would probably have gone again in the Championship with Slav. If we get relegated with Claudio, then we're back to square one looking for a new coach with a new vision.

Claudio's best days are behind him, Slav's are yet to come.

Good luck Claudio.

Sting of the North

Ranieri is probably a fairly good replacement.

However, think it is a huge mistake to fire Joka. Way too early in my opinion.

Sad, sad day for Fulham.

Fulham76

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 14, 2018, 09:47:18 AM
Ranieri is probably a fairly good replacement.

However, think it is a huge mistake to fire Joka. Way too early in my opinion.

Sad, sad day for Fulham.

Don't think it's 'way too early' any more but I agree we should have kept him until Christmas.

Keefy

Strange fact that I've just been told that Ranieri's first Premiership Signing was ...... Slav

SuffolkWhite

Yep shame he has gone, would have given him until after the Soton game at least before deciding whether to chop or not.

No idea how Ranieri will do but good luck to him as he is the Fulham Manager.

The King is dead, long live the King!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: John Dowie Fan Club on November 14, 2018, 09:43:12 AM
Posted by: Neutral Zone Ultra
« on: Today at 09:32:42 AM » Insert Quote
Quote from: John Dowie Fan Club on Today at 09:29:27 AM
Hi, Looking for some advice! My son just graduated. He's always wanted to see Fulham. Travelling down from Glasgow weekend of 15th December for West Ham game. What are the chances of picking up 2 tickets?
Depends how well off you are

What is going rate for ticket? Club website doesn't specify.
Minimum 55 quid plus booking fee each

gang

Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2018, 09:18:58 AM
Ranieri.  Could have been worse(Allardyce, Moyes etc).  His English is less incomprehensible that Joka's.

I remember one interview with him on tv when he was at Chelsea and he did the entire after match interview in Italian with a translator, he spoke for 8 minutes and the translation was given as "he said it was a game of two halves."
The translator was sacked and Ranieri learnt English (to a fashion).

Steeeeeeeeeed

I am pleasantly surprised, and look forward to a successful mid table finish, and Premiership title next season.

Thanks You Mr Jokanovic, you really were amazing for us, just time was ticking now. I know you will take your first taste of the premiership, and learn as you tend to do, and go on to great things.

toshes mate

Let us hope this is not another of the Khans' Great Mistakes.

Dixie

My first reaction was one of extreme sadness when i saw this.

i really think that we should have given Slav at least until the end of the year to try and turn things round - i think it takes the players a while to get the hang of what he wants them to do, but i have always been confident that there is enough in us to stay up this season and have a barnstormer next season.

If Ranieri gets the results then it will be considered the right choice, but i feel a strong sense of loyalty to Slav that i haven't felt since Roy.
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

John Dowie Fan Club

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 09:56:13 AM
Hi, Looking for some advice! My son just graduated. He's always wanted to see Fulham. Travelling down from Glasgow weekend of 15th December for West Ham game. What are the chances of picking up 2 tickets?

Thanks for info! Id pay that for him. He's looking at getting a Season Ticket if he moves to London next year. Where would I get tickets from?

Nero

Can the Tinker man tinker with the defence more than Slav, thought he should have been given the Southampton game, but I dont think the result over the weekend help with the Khan fearing being set adrift if we lost to Southampton. 

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: John Dowie Fan Club on November 14, 2018, 10:14:48 AM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 14, 2018, 09:56:13 AM

Thanks for info! Id pay that for him. He's looking at getting a Season Ticket if he moves to London next year. Where would I get tickets from?
The ticketmaster website, if it's allowing you.

Lighthouse

Good luck to the new man. Has buckets of experience so seems like a safe pair of hands. No doubt if we are successful and escaping relegation the debate about who was responsible will go on. But for now thanks to the leaving coach who was a big part of making last season a wonderful comeback with our record run. We played some lovely attacking football. We know why he has gone so no need to rake that debate up again. Good luck to him and good luck to us and the new manager. Time will tell.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

David I

Think it's a disgraceful decision... it should be the Khans and their failed stats based recruitment policy that should be leaving.
Lost all respect for the Khans and the Tony Khan play thing - KHANS OUT!!

Steeeeeeeeeed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4255910/Leicester-Claudio-Ranieri-went-wrong.html

How it went wrong at Leicester for Ranieri, seems the loss of Head of Recruitment Steve Walsh, and some players leaving and the ones remaining having a change for the worse were big factors.

Worth noting Mr Khan.

SG

Quote from: David I on November 14, 2018, 10:26:18 AM
Think it's a disgraceful decision... it should be the Khans and their failed stats based recruitment policy that should be leaving.

I'd have more sympathy with this argument if Jok had given proven Premiership defenders, Mawson in particular, a run in the team instead of playing Ream and Odoi and conceding goals by the bucketful every week

Holders

Quote from: David I on November 14, 2018, 10:26:18 AM

Yeah, sack the owners!!!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

New Kid on the Block

I'm very sorry to hear the news. I thought we had turned the corner against Liverpool, and I think Slav should have been given more time. He may well have kept the same line-up against Soton, which is a winnable game for us.

Having so many crap teams around us in the table, should have allowed Khan a little more time to see what Slav's teams were going to be, from now on. We've not been cut adrift yet. I wonder if we'll see Albert Steptoe here in January.