watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks Slavisa

Started by Southcoastffc, November 14, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

You gave us a lot of fun. Shame it has to end this way.  Good luck. Thanks for the ride.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Yes, it's really sad.

He brought the second best football I've ever seen from Fulham.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wingnut

Had some amazing times with him as manager. Will be missed. Ranieri it is then folks.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

RaySmith

Thanks so much Slavisa -I'll always remember that day at Wembley, watching Fulham under you the last two season was such a joy.

Ranieri....hmmm.

ffc73

My hope at the start of this season was that Slav would still be manager at the end of the season as that would have meant we had had a successful 2018/19. Not to be.

Thanks Slav. Made it enjoyable to watch FFC again. It was great fun whilst it lasted & wish you all the best for the future

Fulham1959

Really disappointed - but that's life.  Some very tough fixtures coming up, whoever the manager was.

Cambridge Pete

As others have said. It's a shame. Slavisa has done a great job, especially when Mr Kline was running the show.  So thanks Slavisa for everything and for giving me one of my most enjoyable days as a Fulham supporter in 60 years of watching. Good luck to Claudio although we should remember he was the original "tinker man" Fingers crossed  for FFC and hopefully Slavisa will get another chance.

ffcthereligion

Petulence and impatience wins out. Well done to all

Fulham76

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 14, 2018, 09:26:14 AM
You gave us a lot of fun. Shame it has to end this way.  Good luck. Thanks for the ride.

:plus one:

Fulham Tup North

:HD:  Shame the way it has ended.  He will always be very well thought of by the fans. 
We move on. 
Managers & players come and go, but the Fans are the only constant.
COYW   049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sting of the North

Horrible and stupid decision imo. Not that I think Ranieri is a bad coach (the contrary actually), but was sure that Joka would have turned it around.

I know that I will watch the Southampton game, and cheer for Fulham as always, but right now I feel like it doesn't matter anymore. Joka's team is no more. They were the most enjoyable Fulham team I have watched frequently (the promotion campaign under Tigana was rarely televised in Sweden).

Thanks for everything Slavisa, you deserved much more.

Woolly Mammoth

Have to admit I am a little shocked, the football world can be be very cruel at times, as I thought the Club would give him a little longer under the circumstances.
I suppose when he got the dreaded vote of confidence from the Chairman, that was the signal that the writing was on the wall, and something was impending.
It is sad and a real shame.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Slavisa for his hard work, and to give me the opportunity to return to Wembley last May, and give my family and I one of the best days of my footballing life.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I will fondly remember all the positives, Slavisa, and treat the negatives as the shrapnel football delivers, whoever is head coach.  Thank you for showing us a brand of football which is all too absence from the English game, emboldened by your hard work and commitment to making FFC great again.  You will be missed.

I Ronic

He's in my book of great Fulham managers. He'll go on to better things. Can't help but feel disappointed, can't think of anybody I wanted to see turn things around more than Slavisa and I think he would of done.

Peabody

Not just thanks but a hundred thanks, not only for that wonderful day last May but also for the way we played. I suppose it was inevitable that this had to happen but that does not take away my respect for SJ.

Lastly, welcome Claudio.

Jamie88

Feel a tad upset about this news. I was hoping he would replicate the last two seasons with us where he had got off to a slow start. Not entirely sure this is the best decision to sack him, but also feel glad that its Ranieri we got rather than Moyes or Allardyce.

Spirit of 2000

Slav did brilliantly for us - for the last 2 seasons we played as good football as we did since the Tigana days. Absolute legend and will always have my thanks - shall never forget the unbeaten run and the day at Wembley for the rest of my life. Will always be welcome back at the Cottage IMO. Sad to see him go.

colinwhite

Slavisa did an unbelievable job for us . sad times indeed.

I Ronic

Chairmans comment on the Beeb.
"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the club and our supporters," added Khan.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football.

"I am hoping everyone in the Fulham family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

View Com

Lighthouse

Will always be a hero for the way we turned last season into one of the best seasons we have ever had. But I didn't see any improvement this season and we seemed to be going backwards despite 45 minutes against Liverpool. So thank you for all you did. Good luck to the new man. Whatever happens. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope