watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks Slavisa

Started by Southcoastffc, November 14, 2018, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Gutted for him and me and all Fulham fans slavisa,you will always be in our hearts.Slav a remarkable visionary coach to play beautiful football not once but twice to get 2 teams out of the dogfight of championship football,the Adventure and highs and lows of the slav rollercoaster ride to the so called promised Land.
Thanks slavisa for everything.good luck.

SadOldGit

Quote from: hovewhite on November 14, 2018, 10:15:09 AM
Gutted for him and me and all Fulham fans slavisa,you will always be in our hearts.Slav a remarkable visionary coach to play beautiful football not once but twice to get 2 teams out of the dogfight of championship football,the Adventure and highs and lows of the slav rollercoaster ride to the so called promised Land.
Thanks slavisa for everything.good luck.

Totally agree.  Very disappointed in this decision.  The impatience of life in football nowadays.  Ferguson had a couple of lousy seasons when he took over at ManU.  Look how that turned out when they stuck with him.

SG

Quote from: Holders on November 14, 2018, 09:27:43 AM
Yes, it's really sad.

He brought the second best football I've ever seen from Fulham.

Agree 100% Pete. Sad that it turned out this way. But 5 points from 12 games and some truly woeful performances meant the writing was on the wall

Fernhurst

Thank you Slavisa
Great football over 3 seasons leading to my very best day supporting Fulham FC.

So sad it has happened this way, got a feeling Slav will go on to coach better players to major achievements.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bobbo

Massive good wishes to you slavisa , I'm sure you know we all love you for what you brought us , in particular that fixed smile I had through most of last season. I'm another who believed you would have put it right. In the same vein I'm pleased to extend my small welcome to Claudio.
I'm on precisely 60 years this month going to the cottage, and lost count of how many have come and gone.
Onwards an upward CR.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 14, 2018, 09:57:43 AM
Horrible and stupid decision imo. Not that I think Ranieri is a bad coach (the contrary actually), but was sure that Joka would have turned it around.

I know that I will watch the Southampton game, and cheer for Fulham as always, but right now I feel like it doesn't matter anymore. Joka's team is no more. They were the most enjoyable Fulham team I have watched frequently (the promotion campaign under Tigana was rarely televised in Sweden).

Thanks for everything Slavisa, you deserved much more.
Agree (except the bit about watching from Sweden) - well said.
Slavisa has been treated poorly imo and I feel let down by the owners.
Disgraceful

We could find that we lose Mitro, Sess and Tom after this ridiculous decision!

Some on here will be happy for a week I expect and then find another scape goat!

SadOldGit

Disgraceful

Some on here will be happy for a week I expect and then find another scape goat!
[/quote]

Well said.  Completely agree.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: SadOldGit on November 14, 2018, 10:43:48 AM
Disgraceful

Don't agree with this. They are our best players and Ranieri will quickly see that so I expect them to be starters. From their perspective they will now be playing for a highly experienced coach who has won the Premier League, why would this not be attractive to them and inspire performances? Mitro in particular is our top scorer and a very good international striker, no reason why Ranieri wouldn't start him every game.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Jimpav

I'm the first to say that I have been a critic of you these last few weeks, however you will be remembered and welcomed back at Fulham for years to come.

The sequence of unbeaten matches you gave us will be wrtitten into the history books, as will our victory at Wembley.

I think everyone is agreed that we're sorry with how things in the premiership started, but I can see you making yet another Championship side very happy.

Thank you and good luck Slav.

Sgt Fulham

Gutted. That is all.

Thanks for everything Slav, your achievements over the past 2 years will never die in the eyes of Fulham fans worldwide. You got us, Fulham, to win a final at Wembley. Take a bow, you will be missed.

Welcome Ranieri. If you become half as loved as Slav then we will be in the Premier League next season.

Holders

CR will have been watching videos and have a fair handle on the players; he now has two weeks' training with them. Let's hope that he can rebuild morale.

SJ must have known that talks were going on and one wonders what would have happened if we'd got, say, a 2-2 draw at Liverpool which wasn't beyond the bounds of possibility.

I suppose he didn't take training yesterday and that CR takes over today.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HV71

As far as I am concerned this is a very sad day . As I have posted on another thread if they felt they had to do this they should have done it before the Liverpool game

A huge thank you Slav in you I still trust.

I'm off into hospital now for an op this afternoon and I would have preferred far better news than this.

Beamer

Sad way for a wonderful time to end but life goes on. We now have a manager with plenty of premiership experience who fans of the clubs he has managed still revere him. All our better players (and our lesser ones) will have an opportunity to grow under the guidance of him and his team (who I assume will come with him). This will hopefully include a quality defensive coach.

Jem

The King is dead, long live the King.........I suppose.
But I did enjoy our time with Slavisa. Thanks and good luck.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Burt

Thanks for the football, for that unbeaten run, for Wembley, for restoring our pride, and for putting a smile back on our faces.

Good luck with your next venture.

Whiteroom

Very very sad. Winning that final at Wembley was one of the happiest days of my life, and a product of Slav's great work. Take a page in a local paper, print  picture of him with the trophy and write a thank you? My god he deserves it. It's been a tough season so far this season, but he did something very special here.

the nutflush

Sad for Slav but I believe it had to happen.  We played some beautiful football last season but that was in a different league and it doesn't automatically translate to success in the top flight.  There wasn't a plan B to be seen.  All the players need to show some serious balls now and we need to find ways to win ugly. 

Steeeeeeeeeed

I can become a bit bored with football, but the six months or so from January 2018 to the end of the World Cup was just some of the most enjoyable I had seen in general, with England actually having a very enjoyable tournament, in a great world cup, Mo Salah's joyful play and Liverpool's run to the Euro final and earlier that day seeing The Wall Of White at Wembley and the culmination of six months of the best consistent football I had ever seen Fulham play (of course the one offs in Europe under Roy were fantastic too). Those six months will stay will me for a long time, and I did feel myself fall in love with the game again big time.

Thank You Mr Jokanovic

FFCpmd

Slav, you will always be a legend at Fulham. Wasn't Wembley the best day ever? And that run was unbelievable: ".....23, 23 undefeated, playing football Slavisa's way......" Thanks for all those great, great memories.

Shredhead

Was a bit surprised at the timing of this as I thought we were looking better against Liverpool. If he gets us well organised, harder to beat and reignites Mitro, then we should be safe.
Thanks Slavisa for the last 2 seasons and keeping us up the one before.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC