watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

status of FulhamUSA.com

Started by timmyg, August 18, 2010, 06:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyg

FUSA has been down for a wee bit, and I'm just wondering if anyone has the skinny about it.

I don't recall reading any updates that they would be redesigning it, but I may have just missed it.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

HatterDon

Mods, can you incorporate timmyg's thread into this one? Thanks

Here's a copy of what is on the General Discussion category of this site.

For most of the last month, FulhamUSA.com has been slammed by Malware -- the result of some serious hacking. As a result, the mods shut the site down about a week ago. It appears obvious that the combination of the sophisticated hacking and the ancient technology used on the site is such that it is not going to be revived under its present format or, probably, its site name. Our founder and resident Godfather, American Mike, is working hard to create a new site for FulhAmericans. In the interim, he has created a new group on Cottage Corner to keep us up to speed, and also to recruit new Americans to the team. Here's that url.

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/group/fulhamusa

We're especially concerned about the timing of this, because we're trying to retain our status as an international supporters club -- we were the first ever formed -- and we didn't have enough folks signed up before the malware attacks began. FulhAmericans: please check out the new group, and watch this space for news of the new, renewed, FulhamUSA.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steve_orino

So that's what happened to my computer when I visited that site...

Makes sense now.  Hopefully they can develop a new & improved site!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

FatFreddysCat

From what i've heard it's been so badly hacked into that it cant be saved, but a new one will arise from the ashes, but you may have to wait awhile. I think it's safe to say that is 100% correct .

SteveM19

I suggested to Mike about using another domain name, but he seems to think the old one will work; he said he'll work on it on Saturday.

HatterDon

a quick update [or perhaps two]:

1. As of August 31, Mikey was still working on fixing the site.
2. Those of you who are interested in club membership and are FuhAmericans, please go ahead. If you have gone that far, please contact SteveM19 and give him your membership #. We're very close to being recertified as an official overseas supporter's club.

RidgeRider

HatterDon

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on September 14, 2010, 05:04:46 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on September 14, 2010, 02:01:28 AM
What's the latest fellas?

I keep hearing "soon." Mikey is hard at it.
Perhaps a grandkid Witch may be on the way then  :011:

americanmike

SteveM19

FUSA is up ya'll! Please come over to our site!!

Logicalman

I was interested this season in extending the Tipping Comp onto FUSA, but when the site took a dive I stepped back a bit. I think it might be a little late to put it up there, 8 games already gone and new entrants not now accepted, but what are your thoughts on extending it out there?

btw, I'm currently working on an online version of the comp, though it still remains for Fulham fans, and signing up is only via the Fulham Message Boards.

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on October 19, 2010, 12:49:09 PM
I was interested this season in extending the Tipping Comp onto FUSA, but when the site took a dive I stepped back a bit. I think it might be a little late to put it up there, 8 games already gone and new entrants not now accepted, but what are your thoughts on extending it out there?

btw, I'm currently working on an online version of the comp, though it still remains for Fulham fans, and signing up is only via the Fulham Message Boards.

The former is a good idea, Mr. Logicalman, but probably NOT the best for the iteration of FulhamUSA as it exists now. Once the site gets more streamlined, it would be a good thing to have.

The on-line version sounds promising also.