more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (15/11/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 15, 2018, 07:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri Named Manager Of Fulham Football Club

Shahid Khan, Chairman of Fulham Football Club, today announced that he has appointed Claudio Ranieri as Manager of Fulham Football Club, replacing Slaviša Jokanović.

Ranieri, who led Leicester City to the Premier League title in 2016, was given a multi-year contract to lead Fulham, who currently sit at the bottom of the table with five points from 12 matches.  Fulham's next match is Saturday 24th November versus Southampton at Craven Cottage.

"It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri said. "The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

Khan thanked Jokanović for his service to Fulham, where he led the Club to two consecutive Play-Off appearances in the Sky Bet Championship and a 1-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley Stadium in May to secure promotion to the Premier League.

"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slaviša and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the Club and our supporters," Khan said. "Slaviša will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football. I am hoping everyone in the Fulham Family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slaviša and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

Khan said he and his son Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations at FFC, considered and spoke with a number of potential candidates within the past week, with Ranieri becoming their mutual and obvious choice. Tony Khan and his staff will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment and contractual agreements, and he will work closely with Ranieri.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential," Khan said. "Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/november/14/claudio-ranieri-named-manager-of-fulham-football-club

WhiteJC

Fulham sack Slavisa Jokanovic and appoint Claudio Ranieri

Fulham have sacked manager Slavisa Jokanovic and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri, who guided Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016.

Jokanovic makes way with the Cottagers sitting bottom of the Premier League table with five points from 12 matches.

Italian Ranieri, 67, has been given a "multi-year" contract by the Londoners.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option," said Fulham chairman Shahid Khan.

"So having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

"Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham.

"His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

Khan said he and his son Tony Khan, the club's vice chairman and director of football operations, spoke with a number of potential candidates over the past week.

"It is an honour to accept Mr Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," said Ranieri, who spent last season in charge of French club Nantes.

"The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed.

"This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table."

Ranieri's first game in charge will see Fulham host Southampton at Craven Cottage on Saturday, 24 November.

"I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage," he added.

Ranieri's rollercoaster - title shock to the sack

Claudio Ranieri led Leicester City to the Premier League title in 2015-16 at odds of 5000/1

Despite vast experience with clubs such as Valencia, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma and Monaco, Ranieri joined Leicester City in 2015 on the back of a failed spell as Greece boss, including losing to European minnows the Faroe Islands during Euro 2016 qualifying.

The Italian had earned the nickname 'The Tinkerman' during his previous spell in England in charge of Chelsea, where he guided the Blues to second in the Premier League as well as reaching the Champions League semi-finals.

More than a decade later, his Leicester side started the 2015-16 season as 5,000-1 outsiders to win the Premier League and were among the favourites for relegation.

But the Foxes delivered one the greatest sporting shocks of all time as they clinched the club's first top-flight English title, described by many as a "miracle".

The fairytale could not continue, however, with Ranieri sacked the following campaign - just ninth months after delivering the title.

Jokanovic sacking 'correct decision'
Jokanovic, who joined the club in December 2015, led Fulham to promotion via the play-offs last season.

But they have so far registered just one win on their return to the Premier League after four seasons in the Championship.

"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the club and our supporters," added Khan.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football.

"I am hoping everyone in the Fulham family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

Analysis - Can the Tinkerman keep Fulham up?
Phil McNulty, BBC Sport chief football writer

Fulham's owner Shahid Khan delivered combative public support for manager Slavisa Jokanovic in his programme notes for the home game against Bournemouth less than three weeks ago, telling fans "don't believe anything" in reports he faced the sack.

Times change. Quickly.

Fulham were beaten 3-0 by The Cherries, then lost at fellow strugglers Huddersfield Town, and Sunday's defeat at Liverpool was the last straw. The man who guided The Cottagers to promotion was gone.

Khan reacted as Fulham lay bottom of the Premier League, after a summer investment of £100m only resulted in an imbalanced side where few new faces had made an impact, a loss of the attacking impetus that was their trademark and the worst defensive record in the division.

The fear of relegation always overrules sentiment.

So it is welcome back to the Premier League for ever-popular Claudio Ranieri, whose title-winning deeds at Leicester City will be remembered forever.

This time he must work fast to turn a serious situation around with his brand of personal charm but more importantly his tactical acumen, starting with shoring up that porous defence.

It will be no easy task for 'The Tinkerman'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46205801

WhiteJC

Fulham axe Jokanovic and appoint Ranieri

Fulham have sacked Slavisa Jokanovic and appointed former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri as manager.

Ranieri, 66, managed Chelsea between 2000 and 2004. In 2016 he sensationally led Leicester City to the Premier League title.

The Italian was sacked by Leicester the following year and has since had a spell in charge of French club Nantes.

Ranieri's long managerial career has also included spells at Napoli, Fiorentina, Juventus, Parma, Roma, Inter Milan, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and the Greek national side.

Jokanovic led Fulham back to the Premier League via the play-offs last season and won plaudits for his side's slick brand of football.

But their open style was disastrous in the top flight and he leaves with the Whites bottom of the table with just five points after 12 matches.

Fulham revealed the change on Wednesday morning, announcing that Ranieri had signed "multi-year" contract at Craven Cottage.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option," said Fulham chairman Shahid Khan.

"So having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

"Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham.

"His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

Ranieri said: "It is an honour to accept Mr Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history.

"The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed.

"This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-axe-jokanovic-and-appoint-ranieri

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri returns as he replaces Slavisa Jokanovic as Fulham manager... and axed boss learned his fate in call from owner Shahid Khan just an hour before announcement

Fulham sit bottom of the Premier League after just one win in opening 12 games
    Claudio Ranieri's appointment was confirmed by Shahid Khan on Wednesday
    'The objective should never be to merely survive in the Premier League,' he said
    Jokanovic led Fulham into the top flight with victory in the play-offs last year

Claudio Ranieri is back in the Premier League and the manager who led Leicester to the top has the task of somehow hauling Fulham off the bottom.

Ranieri was installed at Craven Cottage after Slavisa Jokanovic was sacked, having taken five points from 12 games.

Jokanovic becomes the first managerial casualty of the Premier League season, just six months after securing promotion in the play-off final at Wembley.

Claudio Ranieri poses inside Craven Cottage after being unveiled as the new Fulham manager

Ranieri takes charge of the struggling Premier League club who have made a poor start

Fulham owner and chairman Shahid Khan thanked him for his service and hailed Ranieri as a 'risk-free' appointment and 'ready-made' replacement.

The 67-year-old Italian overcame odds of 5,000-1 as he won the title with Leicester in 2016, only to be sacked nine months later.

He has been out of work since leaving Nantes in the summer after one season with the French club.

'His recent body of work with Leicester is legendary,' said Khan. 'Then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man.'

Ranieri is making his first return to the Premier League since being sacked by Leicester City

The Italian will be tasked with trying to keep the Cottagers in the top flight this term

Ranieri's priority will be to focus on strengthening a defence which has conceded 31 goals in a dozen games while trying not to lose the threat of Aleksandar Mitrovic and coaxing more from 18-year-old Ryan Sessegnon.

This is the key to restoring confidence and convincing the players they belong in the top flight after a demoralising seven defeats in a row.

'The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League,' said Ranieri. 'We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed.

'This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away.'

Fulham's next fixture is at home to fellow strugglers Southampton a week on Saturday.

The 67-year-old has replaced Slavisa Jokanovic as manager of Fulham

Jokanovic leaves the London club after a poor run of only one win in their opening 12 matches

Fulham owner Shahid Khan claimed hailed Ranieri's appointment as 'risk-free'

Four managers had been sacked by Nov 14 last season, but Jokanovic is this year's first

Khan called Jokanovic at 8am on Wednesday to inform him of his decision. Together with his son Tony Khan, Fulham's vice-chairman and director of operations, the owner had sounded out a number of candidates.

They settled on a shortlist which also included Quique Sanchez Flores and Carlos Carvalhal, before settling terms with Ranieri, who introduced Jokanovic to English football when he signed him for Chelsea from Deportivo La Coruna in 2000.

Though not angry, Jokanovic was understood to be perplexed by the timing of his departure since there had been assurances of support since an improved performance in a 2-0 defeat at Liverpool on Sunday.

Earlier this week, Fulham's chief executive Alistair Mackintosh told the Fulham Supporters' Trust he believed in the manager to guide the team through this difficult period. Jokanovic, too, remained confident in his ability to improve the young team.

Ranieri was sacked by Leicester just months after leading them to the Premier League title

Fulham invested more than £100million in new players in the summer, a recruitment drive led by Tony Khan with input from others including the manager, who was keen to bring in more experienced players able to adapt quickly to the pressures of the Premier League.

None of the signings has been instantly successful. Others have been disastrous and the harmony of last season has been disrupted.

Jokanovic will not receive a bumper pay-off because he was still employed on a contract he signed in the Championship. A deal discussed after promotion had not been agreed.

'At the time he took over, he inherited a directionless squad and a club seemingly in disarray with a restless fanbase,' said Tom Greatrex, chairman of the Fulham Supporters' Trust.

'He was able to produce one of the most admired footballing teams of recent years in the Championship, playing with style and panache.

'Slav will go down as one of the great Fulham managers.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6388055/Claudio-Ranieri-replace-Slavisa-Jokanovic-Fulham-manager.html

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic sacked: Fulham appoint Claudio Ranieri as new manager

Fulham have sacked Slavisa Jokanovic and appointed Claudio Ranieri as their new manager on a "multi-year" contract.

The Cottagers are bottom of the Premier League table and are without a win in nine games after the defeat at Liverpool last weekend. They have conceded 31 goals in 12 games, a league-leading low.

Jokanovic, who guided the west London side to promotion via the Championship play-offs last term, is replaced by Ranieri who returns to the English top flight for the first time since being sacked by Leicester in February 2017, nine months after famously winning the title with the Foxes.

"It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history. The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League," the Italian said upon his surprise appointment.

"We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

Owner Shahid Khan admits the decision to remove Jokanovic was a tough one but backed Ranieri as a "risk-free" replacement.

"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the club and our supporters.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football. I am hoping everyone in the Fulham family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

"Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

Ranieri's first game in charge will be against Southampton at Craven Cottage before back-to-back meetings with former clubs Chelsea and Leicester.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/next-fulham-manager-slavisa-jokanovic-sacked-claudio-ranieri-premier-league-epl-a8632856.html

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri replaces Slavisa Jokanovic as Fulham boss
The Italian, who won the 2016 Premier League title with Leicester, given multi-year deal at Fulham

Claudio Ranieri has replaced Slavisa Jokanovic as Fulham manager with immediate effect.

Ranieri has signed a multi-year contract at Fulham in what is his first job back in the Premier League since managing Leicester City, who he guided to the Premier League title in 2016.

Jokanovic has been sacked after one win from Fulham's opening 12 league matches following their promotion from the Championship, leaving them bottom of the table.

Fulham owner Shahid Khan said he held talks with a number of candidates to replace Jokanovic over the last week, but that Ranieri was a "risk-free" appointment.

It is understood Jokanovic was told about his dismissal via a phone call from Fulham owner Shahid Khan on Wednesday morning.

He was surprised by the decision, Sky Sports News has been told, having felt he had always enjoyed a good working relationship with Khan and had been told he still had the full support of the club's board.

As recently as Monday, the club's chief executive Alastair Mackintosh told the Fulham Supporters' Trust that the club remained supportive of Jokanovic.

In a statement, Ranieri said: "It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history.

"This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

Ranieri is expected to bring a backroom staff of six Italians with him to Fulham.

Scott Parker, who became part of Jokanovic's backroom staff in July, is likely to remain as part of Ranieri's backroom team. Raneiri signed former midfielder Parker while at Chelsea in 2004.

Jokanovic was appointed at Fulham in 2015 and delighted fans with an attractive brand of attacking football and a return to the Premier League after four years away.

During their promotion-winning campaign last season, Fulham enjoyed a 23-game unbeaten run under the Serb's management.

Khan said: "I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the club and our supporters.

He added: "Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

Until leading Leicester to an unlikely title, Ranieri had an unwanted record of never winning a league title as a manager despite a career spanning a host of top European clubs.

Ranieri has managed Napoli, Juventus and Inter Milan in his native Italy, as well as Valencia and Atletico Madrid in Spain, and even a short, unsuccessful spell with the Greece national team.

The 67-year-old finished second with Chelsea, Juventus, Roma and Monaco, but silenced his critics in bringing Leicester their first league title in 2016.

But he was sacked in February of the following campaign with Leicester one point above the relegation zone with 13 matches left.

Ranieri's first game in charge at Craven Cottage will be at home to fellow Premier League strugglers Southampton on November 24.

In the space of three days in early December, Ranieri will face the two clubs he has previously managed in England, Chelsea and Leicester City.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11553819/claudio-ranieri-replaces-slavisa-jokanovic-as-fulham-boss

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri named new Fulham manager as Slavisa Jokanovic is sacked

Jokanovic guided Fulham to promotion last season but has paid the price for a shocking run of form

Fulham have appointed Claudio Ranieri as their new manager after sacking Slavisa Jokanovic.

Jokanovic has paid the price for a dismal run of form that has seen Fulham drop to bottom of the Premier League.

And they have moved quickly to bring Ranieri back to the Premier League, with the Italian famously guiding Leicester to the title in 2016.

Ranieri said: "It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history.

Jokanovic guided Fulham to promotion via the play-offs last term but this season has not started well.

Fulham have won just one of their first 12 games, conceding 31 goals in the process.

They have lost their last seven matches, the last four without scoring a goal.

Ranieri meanwhile was in charge of Nantes last season after being sacked by Leicester just months after winning the title.

He was pictured at the King Power last weekend as he paid tribute to late Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Fulham owner Shahid Khan said: "I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavsa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the club and our supporters.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football. I am hoping everyone in the Fulham Family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

"Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham."

Tom Greatrex, chair of Fulham Supporters' Trust, said: "He inherited a directionless squad and club seemingly in disarray with a restless fanbase.

"That he was able to produce one of the most admired footballing teams of recent years in the Championship, playing with style and panache to secure promotion at a memorable day at Wembley a few months ago, will always stand as his acheivement.

"That he did so with the backdrop of well publicised disruptive behavour in the background and a quiet and determined dignity despite provocation makes that achievement all the more remarkable.

"We would like to wish Slav well for the future, and he will always go down as one of the great Fulham managers."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-claudio-ranieri-appointed-fulham-13587403

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint Claudio Ranieri as manager after sacking Slavisa Jokanovic

• Ranieri described as 'risk-free' appointment by owner
• Jokanovic dismissed with Fulham bottom of table

Claudio Ranieri has replaced Slavisa Jokanovic as Fulham manager, marking the Italian's return to the Premier League a little over a year after he was sacked by Leicester City. Photograph: Javier García/BPI/REX/Shutterstock

Fulham have appointed Claudio Ranieri as their manager after sacking Slavisa Jokanovic. The Italian, who led Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016 and has also managed Chelsea, takes over with the club bottom of the Premier League.

Jokanovic has been dismissed after taking five points from 12 matches this season. The Serb led Fulham to promotion last season.

Fulham said Ranieri had signed a "multi-year contract" and their owner, Shahid Khan, said: "Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham.

"His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham football club."

Ranieri – who signed Jokanovic when he was manager of Chelsea in 2000 – was most recently in charge of Nantes, where he left by mutual consent last May after one season, in which the club finished ninth. He was dismissed by Leicester in February 2017, less than a year after winning the title.

"It is an honour to accept Mr Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri said. "The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed.

Claudio Ranieri is seen as a 'risk-free' appointment by Fulham owner Shahid Khan. Photograph: Javier García/BPI/Rex/Shutterstock

The sacking of Jokanovic comes less than three weeks after Khan strongly backed the manager amid suggestions that the Serb would be sacked after a summer spend of more than £100m.

"Don't believe anything you read," Khan wrote in Fulham's programme. "The sensational and fictional headlines related to Slavisa; I'm in equal parts amused, astonished and disappointed. Optimism comes naturally knowing we have a head coach who not only understands and appreciates the honour of representing Fulham, but also the past two seasons has found the right formula to hit our stride in time for a strong run in the second half of the campaign."

Jokanovic described himself as a "fantastic coach" before last Saturday's defeat at Liverpool and said his players needed to work harder.

Fulham picked up five points from their opening 12 league fixtures with the defence a major concern. Jokanovic's side conceded 31 goals in those 12 games and had the worst defensive record in the division.

They are, however, only three points behind Southampton in 17th place. After the game against the Saints on 24 November they face Chelsea away, Leicester City at home and Manchester United away.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/14/fulham-appoint-claudio-ranieri-manager-sack-slavisa-jokanovic

WhiteJC

Fulham simultaneously appoint Claudio Ranieri manager and sack Slavisa Jokanovic   

Fulham have appointed Claudio Ranieri as manager, simultaneously announcing that the previous incumbent Slavisa Jokanovic has been sacked.

In a highly unusual move, Fulham made the double announcement with a post on the club website on Wednesday morning.

Ranieri's last job in England saw him sensationally lead Leicester City to the Premier League title, and he said of his return to the Premier League: "It is an honour to accept Mr. [Shahid] Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri said.

"The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

Ranieri's first job in charge will be the home match against Southampton on Saturday November 24.

With Fulham bottom of the table, club owner Khan said he was left with no choice but to dismiss Jokanovic: "I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the Club and our supporters.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football. I am hoping everyone in the Fulham family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

Jokanovic had been in charge since 2015 and led Fulham to the Premier League via the play-offs in May.   

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/14/claudio-ranieri-appointed-fulham-manager-slavisa-jokanovic-sacked/

WhiteJC

Fulham replace Jokanovic with Ranieri

Fulham have sacked Slavisa Jokanovic and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri as they attempt to arrest their alarming start to the Premier League season.

Jokanovic, who led the Whites to promotion via the Championship play-offs last season, was dismissed following Sunday's defeat at Liverpool with Fulham bottom of the Premier League. The Cottagers had taken just five points from their first 12 games of the new campaign.

Ranieri, who led Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016, will take charge of his first match after the international break when Southampton visit Craven Cottage on Saturday 24 November. The Italian has signed 'a multi-year contract' to take over the London club.

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said: 'Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club'.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/11/fulham-replace-jokanovic-with-ranieri/

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint Ranieri as manager

Italian who led Leicester City to 2015/16 title named as replacement for Slavisa Jokanovic

Claudio Ranieri has been appointed the new manager of Fulham.

The former Chelsea and Leicester City manager takes over from Slavisa Jokanovic, who had got Fulham promoted last season but had struggled in the Premier League. Fulham are bottom of the table with five points from 12 matches.

Ranieri led Leicester to the Premier League title in 2015/16 and moves to Craven Cottage on "a multi-year contract".

Fulham are next in action on Saturday 24 November at home to Southampton.

"The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League," Ranieri told Fulham's official website. "We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed.

"This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table.

"I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/911831

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri's first words as Fulham sack Slavisia Jokanovic to appoint ex-Leicester manager

Fulham have made a change in the dugout after a poor start to the season

Fulham have sacked Slavisia Jokanovic and replaced the Serbian with former Chelsea and Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri.

The Italian is the first new appointment since the start of the season in the Premier League.

After winning promotion from the Championship last season, the Whites spent over £100million on signings in the summer transfer window.

Unfortunately, this spending spree has so far failed to translate to success on the pitch with the west London currently stuck on the foot of the table with 31 goals conceded in 12 games.

Jokanovic's final game in charge was a 2-0 loss to Liverpool at Anfield, a fixture they were not expected to win but one that ultimately extended their run of losses to seven matches in all competitions.

In 2015, Ranieri replaced Nigel Pearson at King Power Stadium after Leicester escaped relegation from the Premier League. He went on to lead the Foxes to an unlikely title win in 2016.

Speaking after his appointment was confirmed Ranieri told the official Fulham website :

Ranieri will take charge of a squad filled with individual quality that lacked cohesiveness under Jokanovic since the summer. Andre Schurrle won the World Cup with Germany in 2014 and set up Mario Gotze for the winning goal in the final against Argentina.

Jean Michael Seri was linked with Arsenal and Barcelona prior to joining the Whites from Nice.

After leaving Leicester in 2017, Ranieri went on to manage Nantes in Ligue 1 before leaving his post at the end of last season.

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/claudio-ranieris-first-words-fulham-15413628

WhiteJC

'Show ambition and get Jokanovic' - Reading FC fans urge club to appoint former Fulham boss

Royals supporters are clamouring for a change in manager to replace Paul Clement

Reading fans have urged the club to appoint Slavisa Jokanovic following his sacking by Premier League strugglers Fulham.

The Serbian led the Whites to the top flight over the summer but have found it difficult to adapt to life this season and was dismissed by the club on Wednesday morning.

It has led to a number of Royals supporters clamouring for their club to make a move to sign Jokanovic, in place of current boss Paul Clement.

Reading are already in a relegation battle and sit 20th in the Championship table on 16 points from 17 games - a run which has seen them pick up just four victories.

Since taking over the club in March, Clement has only overseen six league wins in 25 matches, prompting calls from many supporters for him to be sacked.

And after Fulham's decision to part company with Jokanovic and appoint ex Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri, Royals fans were all saying the same thing on social media - to replace Clement with Jovanovic.

Here is a selection of their thoughts.

George Blair @GeorgeBlairr

We should go after Jokanovic but our board are useless and will drag us down to L1 instead

Jamie Alexander @JAlexander_93

Now we sack Clement and bring in Jokanovic

Ollie @BucOlay

Sack Clement now @ReadingFC and nab Jokanović while you can!

LordCKS @LordCKS

With the managerial sacking season upon us, and the likes of Steve Bruce & now Slaviša Jokanović out of work... it would be business suicide by @ReadingFC to not act. Giving Clement another 2/3 games to lose, will be too late.. I know it won't happen, but can wish

Miles @Milesyyy12

Would love it if we went & got the Fulham manager would show real ambition to get this club back up the right end of the table this season

sasha @sashab4by

Can we have @Jokanovic then?

Luke Potter @readingfc1871fc

Let's get a decent early Christmas gift Clement out

JDM @RFC_Smurf93

There's only one thing that would get the fans back on side now, go and get him!!!

Darren Henwood @DazzaHendo

We are 100% sure that SJ would come if we sacked Clement? Not convinced myself.

Sam Rourke @samrourke_

Jokanovic IN.

Jacob Potter @pott95

Right, #readingfc need to act fast, get rid of Clement and bring in Jokanovic before he is poached by another team.

Brightside @BrightsideRFC

Sack Clement off now...

Show a little ambition and go and get a manager who will turn around our season!!

#ClementOut #jokanovicIN

Theo Bird @TheonlyBird

Sack Clement and get Jovanovic please

https://www.football.london/reading-fc/show-ambition-jokanovic-reading-fc-15413638

WhiteJC

Odds On Fulham 'Doing A Leicester' Revealed As Claudio Ranieri Takes Over At Craven Cottage

Claudio Ranieri has made a return to English football this morning to take the reins at Fulham. He'll replace the departed Slaviša Jokanović at Craven Cottage and take on the Serbian's fully-stuffed in-tray, with the club sitting rock bottom of the Premier League.

The Italian, 67, famously won the competition in the 2015-16 season with Leicester City, a 5,000/1 eventually that confounded pundits and bookmakers alike.

As a first order of business the wily old coach will, of course, be looking to get the Cottagers out of immediate trouble. Sitting on a measly five points, they're still odds-against to keep their head above water on their first season back in the top division, having priced up at 7/5 with Ladbrokes.

A talented but underperforming squad that includes Jean Michaël Seri, Aleksandar Mitrović and Ryan Sessegnon, may be able to achieve better than that if their new gaffer can do a bit of shoring up of their defense and they're a meaty 50/1 to finish in the top half this season.

But what about something for the real dreamers out there?

The west Londoners are, perhaps prophetically, chalked up at the same price to bring home the title next season as the Foxes were back in that reality-bursting season.

He couldn't do it again, could he?

No.

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/odds-on-fulham-doing-a-leicester-revealed-as-claudio-ranieri-takes-over-at-craven-cottage

WhiteJC

Fulham fans can breathe easy as Claudio Ranieri not Alan Pardew is new manager

First Premier League manager sacked, Fulham owner describes Claudio Ranieri as a 'risk-free' appointment.

Claudio Ranieri is the new Fulham manager.

Defeat at Liverpool had left the Cottagers rock bottom of the Premier League and an international break is always a likely time for Premier League clubs to change managers.

Slavisa Jokanovic will wonder what might have been if VAR had been introduced, as it is in every other major European league. Fulham getting the very worst of decisions made by officials at Anfield.

It had been expected Jokanovic would get one final chance as Fulham play relegation rivals Southampton at home a week on Saturday – but instead the club have decided a new manager gives them the best chance of kicking on, starting with that next match.

After defeat at Anfield on Saturday, bookies had made Alan Pardew the odds-on 8/11 favourite with Claudio Ranieri second favourite at 4/1. No doubt a fair few Fulham fans grateful that those odds were overturned and the favourite didn't make it past the post.

A bit of an achievement that the Premier League have reached this point before a manager was sacked.

Last season, De Boer (Palace), Shakespeare (Leicester), Koeman (Everton) and Bilic (West Ham) had all been sacked by this time last year, with Pulis (West Brom) the fifth to go on 24 November 2017, with Alan Pardew replacing him.

Fulham owner Shahid Khan describes Claudio Ranieri as a 'risk-free appointment but not too sure you can say that about any managerial appointment in the English top tier.

However, great to see Ranieri back in English football, as well as the miracle he performed at Leicester, he is always great value in press conferences and is definitely one of the good guys.

Interesting to see how he will set this Fulham team up and especially in terms of how Mitro will fit into it.

Official Fulham Statement:

'Shahid Khan, Chairman of Fulham Football Club, today announced that he has appointed Claudio Ranieri as Manager of Fulham Football Club, replacing Slaviša Jokanović.

Ranieri, who led Leicester City to the Premier League title in 2016, was given a multi-year contract to lead Fulham, who currently sit at the bottom of the table with five points from 12 matches.  Fulham's next match is Saturday 24th November versus Southampton at Craven Cottage.

"It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri said. "The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for

Khan thanked Jokanović for his service to Fulham, where he led the Club to two consecutive Play-Off appearances in the Sky Bet Championship and a 1-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley Stadium in May to secure promotion to the Premier League.

"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slaviša and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the Club and our supporters," Khan said. "Slaviša will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football. I am hoping everyone in the Fulham Family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slaviša and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

Khan said he and his son Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations at FFC, considered and spoke with a number of potential candidates within the past week, with Ranieri becoming their mutual and obvious choice. Tony Khan and his staff will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment and contractual agreements, and he will work closely with Ranieri.

"Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential," Khan said. "Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/11/fulham-fans-can-breathe-easy-as-claudio-ranieri-not-alan-pardew-is-new-manager-newcastle-united/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic pays price for naive tactics and Fulham's wasteful summer

Less than three weeks ago Fulham owner Shahid Khan declared he was "in equal parts amused, astonished and disappointed" by talk that Slavisa Jokanovic faced the sack as the club's manager. Now Jokanovic has been dismissed. And football clubs wonder why their public statements are often met with scepticism.

Since Khan's supposedly well-intentioned intervention Fulham have been knocked out of the Carabao Cup and lost three more Premier League games so he may well argue that things changed. Two of those defeats were to Manchester City and Liverpool although the losses at home to Bournemouth and away to Huddersfield Town badly damaged Jokanovic's prospects. Those matches - and the fact that we are into an international break which is the last until next spring - mean that Fulham may have felt it was now or never as they sit bottom of the league, three points adrift.

Fulham have made a poor return to the Premier League after a vast return and that summer spend of close to £100million – remarkably the biggest investors after Liverpool and Chelsea - always meant that Jokanovic was under immediate pressure.

Bringing in 12 players in one transfer window – five of them on deadline day – was portrayed as some kind of stroke of genius. It was not. It never could be. There are enough examples out there that such huge recruitment drives simply do not work. Look at what happened at Tottenham Hotspur when they sold Gareth Bale, Liverpool when Luis Suarez went and, most recently, Everton when they bought heavily in the first flush of Farhad Moshiri's ownership.

With Fulham it was always a greater risk given they were a promoted club and one who had come up through the play-offs, so inevitably had less time to get their recruitment right. It was claimed they had been planning, in any case, and maybe so but what it ended up being was a 'live experiment' with Jokanovic tasked with trying to get all the pieces in places, trying to form a new team, while competing in a new league. And the Premier League at that.

There had been serious strains in the past between Jokanovic and the club's hierarchy which exploded around recruitment and who was bringing players in. It was felt Jokanovic had won some kind of power struggle with the signings made last January which helped propel Fulham on their extraordinary run to promotion.

But what happened in the summer? The question needs to be asked as to how many of those arrivals, beyond striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, were ones that Jokanovic had pushed for? It is often said that the club has "backed" the manager but although that is true in the overall financial figure is it true in terms of who was bought?

Beyond that Jokanovic's own contractual situation has not helped, surely. He was in the last year of his deal which made him not only more vulnerable to be sacked but did not feel like a ringing an endorsement from the club. Apparently a contract offer was made but it fell short of what he wanted and so his deal was running down.

Jokanovic undoubtedly made mistakes. His tactics have been naïve. Fulham conceded heavily in the Championship but that was overcome with their attacking, goal-scoring football. In the Premier League their approach was too open and that rarely works in a league where better quality teams do not give up chances and punish mistakes.

Jokanovic chopped and changed. There were so many different defensive combinations, so many different permutations and no sign of a settled team. That was summed up by the goalkeepers with Sergio Rico arriving from Sevilla, where he had been first-choice, on loan on deadline day and Fabri signed from Besiktas to add to Marcus Bettinelli who played such a key role in promotion. All three have featured already this season adding to the sense of uncertainty which has ended in Jokanovic being sacked and Claudio Ranieri brought in.

It has, to adapt Khan's words, been a truly astonishing and disappointing return to the Premier League for Fulham so far. But not an amusing one.

Fulham's next match is on Saturday November 24 versus Southampton – the team just outside the bottom three - at Craven Cottage.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/14/slavisa-jokanovic-pays-price-naive-tactics-fulhams-wasteful/

WhiteJC

CLAUDIO RANIERI APPOINTED FULHAM MANAGER

Shahid Khan, Chairman of Fulham Football Club, today announced that he has appointed Claudio Ranieri as Manager of Fulham Football Club, replacing Slaviša Jokanović.

"It is an honour to accept Mr. Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri said. "The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table. I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/claudio-ranieri-appointed-fulham-manager/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic's final words as Fulham boss as Claudio Ranieri replaces him at Craven Cottage

The Serbian has been replaced by Claudio Ranieri in west London

Slavisa Jokanovic has been sacked as Fulham manager following a disastrous start to the new Premier League season.

Winning promotion via the play-offs back in May, the Cottagers are bottom of the table after winning one of their first 12 games.

On the back of seven successive defeats in all competitions, Jokanovic's final game as Fulham boss came at Anfield with his side losing 2-0 against Liverpool.

With the the Serbian now departing Craven Cottage after three years at the helm, former Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri has been confirmed as his replacement.

The Italian will face Southampton in his first game as boss, with games against former clubs Chelsea and Leicester City coming up in December.

Here's what Jokanovic had to say in his final press conference at Liverpool:

Opening goal disallowed - your view on that?

"When I check the clips now it's Robertson hasn't done a good enough job to squeeze up and my player is onside and scored the goal.

"If the ball is rolling or not rolling after, it's probably yes and in one moment, a crucial moment, instead of 1-0 up we're 1-0 down.

"I don't know, in this country normally you cannot show disrespect to the referee and this is a problem because it's shown disrespect to my team, myself and Fulham supporters.

"What will we do? This is my sensation.

"Okay, it's a bit complicated but you must be sure to take this decision.

"Listen we can talk about this situation for hours, but the damage is done.

"we play against Liverpool, I don't want to say they don't deserve the win, we know they will create chances and score the goals but we didn't defend well on the counter attack, but this counter shouldn't exist.

"It's a completely absurd situation to defend. Yes they catch us in counter, this guy is really fast and finish the action well, but the sensation is we are frustrated, disappointed.

"My team play one decent game against decent opponent, even before we score we have two good chances, we show we can play organised and be solid against one really complicated team.

"I got outside of this place dissatisfied with result and the defeat, but with some positive sensation.

"We make half step forward and if team is showing desire and organisation and positive way to find better performance, we can find better solution."

Look at the players rather than officials, punished when they switched off?

"Listen, it's not so complicated for referees to be in these kind of places against teams like my team.

"Today, many times, he take decision if its foul or not foul.

"This is so dangerous for me, I need to change the speech and say they make fantastic job and didn't make any influence during the game, but what are we going to do?

"This is part of the profession and it's better we don't talk so much about my situation, when I start complaining about this situation, if it's foul before Huddersfield scored the goal against us, people are going to say come on, this is not speech what we expect for yourself."

Mentioned your situation - those that will question whether you'll be in charge vs Southampton - what do you say to those?

"I am not talking about my situation, I am talking about situation of my team.

"I don't know exactly what you want to ask me, my team need improvement and show some positive steps today.

"If you ask me about my positive situation, about my work, i am generally thinking about my team and I am full of confidence.

"We pushed hard with my team and that's it, I am not thinking about gossip or rumours for one coach who is bottom of the Premier League after X games with five points.

"Everything is normal, people are talking about whether I will stay or not, I am really not affected and only focused on trying to find way to support and help my team."

Called out the players on Monday - impressed with the reaction they gave?

"We played decent game against complicated team.

"At the end, we show some signal, if somebody say we never play defensive like today, no, we try find a bit more solidity and at the end Calum Chamber play in holding defensive position and give us more balance, more power.

"He made his job outside of his natural position well and can be one of the options I am thinking about in the future.

"All the team didn't be intention to play this way, sometimes it's complicated to play from the back in a press what they can make against our team.

"But it's definitely a day we showed some different face and we need to be brave and keep going.

"People that come today, solution is in my hands and hands of my players and we must encourage ourself and push forward and be brave for that challenge."

Did you think ball had stopped for their free kick?

"It's not important, if I see or don't see, it's not my job.

"I give opinion, opinion is ball is rolling and I am not referee, to be honest I must check the clips after the game.

"This is what I find."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/slavisa-jokanovics-final-words-fulham-15413908

WhiteJC

Why have Fulham appointed Claudio Ranieri BEFORE announcing Slavisa Jokanovic sacking?

FULHAM have simultaneously announced Slavisa Jokanovic's sacking and Claudio Ranieri's appointment in a very unusual approach.

The Serb has lost his job three months into the Premier League season after earning promotion from the Championship via the play-offs in May.

Jokanovic was left in huge danger after the Cottagers' latest defeat at Liverpool on Sunday as they fell to a 2-0 loss at Anfield.

But going into the international break, there was no confirmation over the manager's future.

Speculation over who could eventually replace Jokanovic continued, with ex-Chelsea and Leicester boss Ranieri seen as one of the contenders.

But the shock double announcement on Wednesday morning has left many fans perplexed as to why Ranieri has been revealed as Jokanovic's successor without his departure being confirmed first.

Starsport looks at the reasons behind Fulham's way of unveiling the big news.

Slavisa Jokanovic
While the 50-year-old had not managed to plug his leaky defence, which has conceded 31 goals in 12 Premier League games, the lack of a proper announcement over his exit could be seen as disrespectful.

The ex-Chelsea midfielder, who was in fact Ranieri's first signing at Stamford Bridge, has been in charge at Craven Cottage since 2015.

He got them playing entertaining and attacking football and earned promotion last season, managing 64 wins in 145 games.

But the club have ultimately decided to act quickly going into the break to give Ranieri as much time working with the squad as possible before they take on relegation rivals Southampton at home next Saturday (November 24).

The must-win game has already been identified by Ranieri, who said: "I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan, meanwhile, said: "I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the Club and our supporters.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football.

"I am hoping everyone in the Fulham Family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

Few clubs, though, make such a swift appointment before announcing their manager's departure.

One similar case is at Southampton, who took the same approach when Mauricio Pochettino succeeded Nigel Adkins.

Fulham fans
Tom Greatrex, Chair of Fulham Supporters' Trust, said: "The Fulham Supporters' Trust are disappointed to see Slavisa Jokanovic leave the Club, and want to put on record the thanks and appreciation of Fulham fans for the achievements under his close to three years as manager.

"Earlier this week, the Club stated their wish to see him succeed, and it will continue to be a matter of debate whether this dismissal has come too early. Viewing events only through recent weeks risks missing that at the time he took over as manager, he inherited a directionless squad and club seemingly in disarray with a restless fanbase.

"That he was able to produce one of the most admired footballing teams of recent years in the Championship, playing with style and panache to secure promotion at a memorable day at Wembley a few months ago, will always stand as his achievement.

"That he did so with the backdrop of well publicised disruptive behaviour in the background and a quiet and determined dignity despite provocation makes that achievement all the more remarkable.

"We would like to wish Slav well for the future, and he will always go down as one of the great Fulham managers."

Claudio Ranieri
Khan has opened up on why the club have acted so quickly to land 2016 Premier League title-winner Ranieri.

And it has also been confirmed Khan was talking with potential successors to Jokanovic BEFORE their loss at Liverpool, following from their damaging 1-0 loss at Huddersfield last Monday.

He said: "Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option, so having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/742396/Why-Fulham-appointed-Claudio-Ranieri-BEFORE-announcing-Slavisa-Jokanovic-sacking-News?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Ranieri honoured to lead 'exceptional' Fulham squad

Despite the team propping up the Premier League table, new boss Claudio Ranieri feels Fulham have "exceptional" talent.

Claudio Ranieri is setting his sights higher than just Premier League survival after being appointed Fulham's new manager.

Former Chelsea and Leicester City boss Ranieri replaced the sacked Slavisa Jokanovic on Wednesday after signing a "multi-year" contract, with Fulham stuck at the bottom of the table on five points.

Fulham were among the Premier League's highest spenders in the last transfer window, spending approximately £100million to bolster their squad following promotion from the Championship.

Jean Seri, previously linked with Barcelona, was among the eye-catching arrivals, while World Cup winner Andre Schurrle also signed, as well as Aleksandar Mitrovic and Alfie Mawson.

But Jokanovic was unable to muster a winning formula this term, losing his last six league games in charge and leading Fulham to only one victory in the Premier League.

Ranieri, a Premier League winner with Leicester in the 2015-16 season, feels the talent at Fulham means they should be looking up the league table.

"It is an honour to accept Mr Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," Ranieri told the club's website.

Ranieri's first game in charge will be against Southampton on November 24, while his former club Leicester visit Craven Cottage early next month.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/ranieri-honoured-lead-exceptional-fulham-squad#vKZu0OU2FvIXFwOR.99