News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is more responsible.. Slav or Tony Khan?

Started by Milo, November 15, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is more responsible?

Slavisa's management
14 (17.3%)
Khan's recruitment
35 (43.2%)
Equally responsible
32 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Roberty

We will know on 12 May 2019

If we're relegated we can blame Khan

If Claudio manages the rise of the phoenix, largely with the players that SJ had - it was SJ's fault
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

RaySmith

Presumably the two, or is it three? tick system is still in place.

It's always a bit of gamble   buying players - even the top teams have a high percentage of pricey transfers  who don't make the grade.

I think it's still too early anyway to write any of our latest transfers off. The whole squad is making a new start in a  way - let's see how they do with the new manager. Teamwork and organisation is the thing - maybe now this will start to happen.

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on November 16, 2018, 03:13:27 PM
Quote from: Statto on November 16, 2018, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 16, 2018, 01:29:12 PM
Almost seven out of ten voters point the finger at Tony Khan.  I wonder what promises have been made to Mr Ranieri.  The next episodes in the saga are going to be interesting but I doubt they'll be enjoyable.

now more than 8 out of 10 (81.7%) holding Khan equally or more responsible

the announcement of Ranieri's appointment on the official site said Khan "will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment" which indicates nothing is changing 

with that sort of accountability, Tony Khan may as well be based in Brussels
Mr Statto, if you are going to quote then give the full quote
"Khan will continue to oversee first team player recruitment, working closely with Raneiri"
Which actually does indicate a change.
You are certainly correct about the quote but it actually clarifies very little.  'Working closely with the coaching staff' was the way it supposedly operated right from the start and look at some of the nonsense that has generated, especially prior to Kline's departure.  My own view is that Daddy Khan wants to stop Baby Khan crying but the Dummy is always stuck in the wrong mouth. 

Statto

Quote from: toshes mate on November 16, 2018, 03:53:15 PM
Almost seven out of ten voters point the finger at Tony Khan.  I wonder what promises have been made to Mr Ranieri.  The next episodes in the saga are going to be interesting but I doubt they'll be enjoyable.

the announcement of Ranieri's appointment on the official site said Khan "will continue to oversee First Team player recruitment" which indicates nothing is changing 

"Khan will continue to oversee first team player recruitment, working closely with Raneiri"
You are certainly correct about the quote but it actually clarifies very little.  'Working closely with the coaching staff' was the way it supposedly operated right from the start and look at some of the nonsense that has generated, especially prior to Kline's departure.  My own view is that Daddy Khan wants to stop Baby Khan crying but the Dummy is always stuck in the wrong mouth. 
Nail on head Toshes Mate
It does not indicate a change
Unless we are suggesting that previously, the club's public line was that Tony Khan was NOT "working closely" with Jokanovic on player recruitment

Woolly Mammoth

I agree entirely, Tony Khan is not qualified to be head of recruitment, and he more than anybody is responsible, at the end of the day, we are only as strong as our weakest link, and TK is our weakest link. Which should be obvious even to a recluse living in a cave on Mars.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Camel Club:  "We are where we are but I think we can be cautiously optimistic about the rest of this season. COYW."
[/quote]

It might be prudent to wait and see what the Southampton result looks like.  Could be a springboard for better things, or a confirmation that this team will likely sit in the r-zone the remainder of season.

Lighthouse

Something was wrong since the Brighton Draw. It wasn't just one thing or the other. We can blame everybody but the simple fact from my point of view was the side just looked different and amateurish since that game. There were sporadic moments of looking ok but they passed pretty quickly. No doubt one day we will learn what suddenly changed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

Although polls like this are fun and interesting, they can't really be given any significance.  It's interesting to know what fellow fans are thinking, but fan forums such as this represent a very small number of folks compared to the world of FFC fans in the universe. 

I know a lot of discussion given on the short acquisition period, new players, no chance to practice/gel as a unit, injuries, etc.  Could be a lot of excuse making or rationalization?  I mean, these guys, from the coach on down, are professionals, right?  Okay, maybe a few games of under-performance as they try to gel, but we saw roughly one-third of the season go down the tubes with no sign of improvement, commitment, enthusiasm, heart, etc.  A team confused and apparently not playing with focus or a 'plan' in mind.  I think the failure of FFC can be shared by both coaching and player execution (lack thereof).

alfie

Quote from: Statto on November 16, 2018, 04:09:56 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on November 16, 2018, 03:53:15 PM

Nail on head Toshes Mate
It does not indicate a change
Unless we are suggesting that previously, the club's public line was that Tony Khan was NOT "working closely" with Jokanovic on player recruitment
Ok you seem to be set in stone with this, so best leave there, let's hope whatever happens is to the benefit of the team and the club
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 16, 2018, 05:20:24 PM
Something was wrong since the Brighton Draw. It wasn't just one thing or the other. We can blame everybody but the simple fact from my point of view was the side just looked different and amateurish since that game. There were sporadic moments of looking ok but they passed pretty quickly. No doubt one day we will learn what suddenly changed.

That game  was another from our first matches where we deserved to get something, but lost through  silly errors in defending, but fans  and  commentators were generally optimistic.

We just needed the new players to  integrate into the team, sort out the defence....... but instead we seemed to become more tentative, and, as  we lost even more games, increasingly heavily, confidence of both manager and players seemed to drain away.

Maybe a new start under a new man, with a reputation for defensive solidity,  will  help us turn things round, much as I'm very sad about Slavisa's sacking, and felt that  the Liverpool game did show that we were maybe turning things round.

YankeeJim

So if the team continues to fail, its Khan's recruitment. If the team turns round, its Claudio's brilliance?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

DevonFFC

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 17, 2018, 06:01:46 PM
So if the team continues to fail, its Khan's recruitment. If the team turns round, its Claudio's brilliance?

Either way it's easier to blame Khan right? Unless we win the quadruple of course