more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is Merson on about?

Started by Neil D, November 24, 2018, 08:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Merson on Sky Sports:

"I have said all along that their Achilles heel is Aleksandar Mitrovic. He is their best player, he has been great for them and scored goals, but because he has no pace, they can't play counter-attacking football. So they have to then play higher up the pitch and because they play so open, that is where they struggle."

"The problem I have with this game is, let's be honest, Fulham have to win this game, so nothing really changes for me as they are going to play open and defensively, they are just not good enough."

Firstly, we didn't play counter-attacking football under Jokanovic so Mitro could not have been our 'Achilles heel'  'all along'.  We played a style that suited Mitrovic.  He was anything but an Achilles heel. If Merson is now claiming that Mitro may not be suited to the way Ranieri likes his sides to play, then maybe that will be a problem but that is a different point and, as yet, unproven.

Secondly, how we will manage 'play open and defensively' at the same time?  An oxymoron, I think.

KJS

As discussed earlier Merson is a failed manager and an awful human being and the worst pundit on SKY and there as a lot of bad ones

HobGoblin