watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Business Awards

Started by Lighthouse, November 23, 2018, 02:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham Football Club were successful in taking prizes at the Football Business Awards, which took place at City Central at the HAC, Moorgate, on Thursday 22nd November.

Overall success came in the Best Club & Supporters Group relationship, with the Club and the Fulham Supporters Trust (FST) delighted to receive first place in a category filled with strong nominations from all levels of the professional game.

On receiving the award, Fulham Football Club CEO Alistair Mackintosh said: "We are thrilled to receive this award, as it is a testament to our ongoing structured dialogue with the FST. Whilst we were nominated for three awards on the night, this is the one we really wanted to win."

Tom Greatrex, Chairman of FST, added: "We are pleased that the effort both the Trust and Club have put into our structured dialogue has been recognised by the judges. A good relationship helps clubs understand and better respond to supporter concerns. We will always be independent of the Club, and we won't always agree, but we commend the Club for their open, progressive approach to building a relationship we aim to develop further in the interests of all Fulham supporters."

Any supporter interested in finding out more about the FST and the structured dialogue in place with the Club can find further information at: http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/au2/

The Club also received the Bronze Award for Best Fan Engagement by a Club, with Alistair Mackintosh receiving the award for Championship CEO of the Year for the 2017/18 season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Stoneleigh Loyalist

On certain forums the FST taking quite a bashing from ignorant supporters.

Congratulations to them and the Club for all that they do.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 24, 2018, 09:17:33 AM
On certain forums the FST taking quite a bashing from ignorant supporters.

Congratulations to them and the Club for all that they do.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

I think we should place this in some kind of perspective:  This was the full list of awards in the category Best Club and Fan Relationship :-

Note the names following the Bronze were the other nominees

Winner: Fulham FC and Fulham Supporters Trust

Silver: Portsmouth FC and Pompey Supporters Trust

Bronze: West Bromwich Albion FC and Proud Baggies

Cambridge United FC and Cambridge Fans United
    Rochdale AFC and Dale Supporters Trust
    Southend United FC and Shrimpers Supporters Trust

There was another award group headed as ''best fan engagement' where the results were as follows

Winner: Leicester City FC & DJS Research

Silver: Huddersfield Town AFC

Bronze: Fulham FC

Aston Villa FC
    Cardiff City FC
    Chelsea FC
    Everton FC
    Portsmouth FC

I guess it depends upon what you think about these kinds of awards and how they are won.  Personally I prefer the old league table idea of determining winners.