watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, November 24, 2018, 06:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Well that was a result. Thought we were worth it, despite the pressure we were under at the end. In fact, Southampton played as though they were Fulham, 670/0 possession tour 37.. There were also some positives for us, we fought and the players put their bodies on the line. Still a long way to go but it looks promising.

FFCSteve

Agree!
First thing that struck me was the stats! A complete turn around with possession!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Luka

What really struck me was the improvement in TC the 2nd half. He was a different player and looked quality. I think he was the difference between us getting 3 point or nothing.

Twig

Quote from: Luka on November 24, 2018, 07:10:55 PM
What really struck me was the improvement in TC the 2nd half. He was a different player and looked quality. I think he was the difference between us getting 3 point or nothing.

That was very true. The game passed him by in the first half, I think he was pushed too far forward. Dropped a couple of yards deeper and was much more influential.

filham

Quote from: FFCSteve on November 24, 2018, 06:56:51 PM
Agree!
First thing that struck me was the stats! A complete turn around with possession!
It is goals that count not possession, not sure that Jocanovic ever accepted that fact.

YoungsBitter

The one player who I thought continued to look not sure of his role was Seri, he probably only got back on Wednesday but he looked slow, got bullied by Lemina. The fact that our two best defensive midfield options were missing makes the result even better. I like Calum Chambers attitude but he makes KMac look swift and his passing is a bit Sunday league. With Anguissa and Kmac in front of the defense I dont think we will sit as deep as we did today. The onslaught second half was due to us being 8 men on the edge of the box with little cover in front.
As Ranieri said, points were good to get but we have a long way to go.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Statto

Quote from: Twig on November 24, 2018, 07:18:21 PM
Quote from: Luka on November 24, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

That was very true. The game passed him by in the first half, I think he was pushed too far forward. Dropped a couple of yards deeper and was much more influential.

Agree, a master stroke in motivation/tactics from Ranieri

bog

Quote from: Peabody on November 24, 2018, 06:50:19 PM
Well that was a result. Thought we were worth it, despite the pressure we were under at the end. In fact, Southampton played as though they were Fulham, 670/0 possession tour 37.. There were also some positives for us, we fought and the players put their bodies on the line. Still a long way to go but it looks promising.

Totally agree Peabody a very encouraging display. Christie may flourish under Ranieri. Met Gordon Davies yesterday. What an honour.

092.gif