watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi and Rico

Started by Bassey the warrior, November 24, 2018, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Should get as much credit as Mitro and Sess. Rico with several huge saves, especially the double save. Odoi with a crucial last ditch block on Obafemi to stop a certain goal.

Moltobueno

Don't forget Cairney - it felt like he's back in form

JoelH5

Early days but Rico looks our best keeper since VDS
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

Quote from: Moltobueno on November 24, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

That was the most he has ran in total this season, busted a gut and played far more advanced role

davew

Quote from: DevonFFC on November 24, 2018, 05:15:50 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on November 24, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

That was the most he has ran in total this season, busted a gut and played far more advanced role
He looked very good, Seri needs to improve though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Seri also put in a Stirling performance, was his problem Slav?, in fact don't really think can fault anyone, couple of little errors, but it is close to be what we want.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Take nothing away from Cairney, Seri, etc. I was just saying Rico and Odoi did great defensively. Also add Christie who was excellent.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: alfie on November 24, 2018, 05:18:17 PM
Seri also put in a Stirling performance, was his problem Slav?, in fact don't really think can fault anyone, couple of little errors, but it is close to be what we want.

Yeah he got lots of tackles in, looked more like at the start of the season.

Aiten place

I don't get this whole Odoi is no good from some fans, for a defender he's good on the ball and in the air, always composed. For me him and Mawson are looking like a promising centre back pairing

Bill2

Quote from: Aiten place on November 24, 2018, 05:20:55 PM
I don't get this whole Odoi is no good from some fans, for a defender he's good on the ball and in the air, always composed. For me him and Mawson are looking like a promising centre back pairing
Thought Odoi was good right from the start, he and Mawson could be a goos pairing.

FFCSteve

Thought both were immense!
Cairney was very quiet till late in the second half! Saw Mitro guiding him into position. Not good for your captain!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

JoelH5

Quote from: FFCSteve on November 24, 2018, 06:16:26 PM
Thought both were immense!
Cairney was very quiet till late in the second half! Saw Mitro guiding him into position. Not good for your captain!

He's had a long spell out. He controlled the midfield towards the end.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Steven Ageroad

A real positive so far this season is that we have found ourselves a very good goalkeeper.

Feel sorry for Betinelli.

Twig

Quote from: Aiten place on November 24, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

Odoi has been our best central defender so far this season. Played well again today.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 24, 2018, 07:10:46 PM
A real positive so far this season is that we have found ourselves a very good goalkeeper.

I don't to be honest, got plenty of chances to nail down a spot this season and didn't take them.

Statto

If I had a gripe it would be Schurrle, not really pulling his weight IMO despite the goal. MLM also unconvincing at times. The other 9 plus Johansen off the bench looked brilliant IMO. Can't complain.

Cairney worked harder today than in any game I've seen in white shirt!

I Ronic

It's all a bit subjective. As we each remember certain elements of the game and certain players. For my money, I thought Christie going forward looked strong and was difficult to knock off the ball. MLM got stuck in and fought and Seri and Sess showed really good awareness, touches and tackles through the game. Really good team performance from Ranieri's pirates.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 24, 2018, 07:21:11 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 24, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

I don't to be honest, got plenty of chances to nail down a spot this season and didn't take them.

You could have said that for most the team though. Christie, Seri, Zambo, Cairney, Schurrle etc all come in for plenty criticism after blunder after blunder but still get back in the team. The goalkeeper is the position where we have a decent bit of depth. Rico deserves his place and to say you're sorry for Betts doesn't give Rico enough credit for his performances

Jims Dentist

Quote from: JoelH5 on November 24, 2018, 05:13:27 PM
Early days but Rico looks our best keeper since VDS
Since Schwartz surely?

F(f)CUK

Christie stood out for me in the back line. Did well both at the back and getting forward. He really put in a shift. As for Rico, it is only when you see a keeper as good as him that you realise that we were weaker beforehand.