watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Garth Crooks

Started by Bryanthebroom, November 26, 2018, 03:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Someone should tell Garth that bot Mitrovic and Sess. were selected for team of the week end in the Telegraph today.

MikeW

Dear old Garth.  You feel sorry for him really.  He does that red button thing on the Beeb - Saturday afternoons.  Sits there looking bewildered and when asked to comment is usually pretty incoherent.  Think he must have a contract that includes a no break clause - but not from his end.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

thebumponleroyshead

Lacks insight, never self effacing or witty on any level, unless being controversially annoyed makes you chuckle. He makes Keown look like a comedy store regular.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Woolly Mammoth

He has no personality, no social skills, no charisma, no charm, no one liners, and that's his good side.
Makes Lineker look like good company.
Hold on, hang about, on second thoughts, maybe he doesn't.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I hope to see him in his underpants on the BBC when Spurs win the league. Probably will hold back on his weight comments then.  :)

bog

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2018, 06:31:55 PM
Someone should tell Garth that bot Mitrovic and Sess. were selected for team of the week end in the Telegraph today.

And in the Mail

Neil D

Looking at Crooks' comment objectively, it could be argued that if Mitro were to lose a stone he might add a little pace to his game.  That would be helpful, maybe.  On the other hand, he would be a lot easier to shove off the ball, his hold-up play would be less effective and defenders wouldn't have to foul him in the attacking third to dispossess him.  We have other players with more pace.  Horses for courses.

One James stannard

Gareth Crooks always reminds me of the frog(baron greenback) out of danger mouse, I would insert a photo for younger members but I don't know how to

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: One James stannard on November 27, 2018, 10:58:23 AM
Gareth Crooks always reminds me of the frog(baron greenback) out of danger mouse, I would insert a photo for younger members but I don't know how to

Yes, I know what you mean, it's the glaring eyes thing  I think. Could be claimed that DangeMouse looks is like Lineker with the heroic status, do gooding and big ears :)

SP

Ironic that Mitro could be the divisions joint leading scorer if FFC were occasionally awarded penalties.  Can't think of one since Boro away.

Stevieboy

Add Mitro's 7 Premier League goals to his 6 Nations League goals and I think he is ahead of any Premier League scorers in same position i.e.Kane,Hazard ?

filham

Quote from: Neil D on November 27, 2018, 09:59:26 AM
Looking at Crooks' comment objectively, it could be argued that if Mitro were to lose a stone he might add a little pace to his game.  That would be helpful, maybe.  On the other hand, he would be a lot easier to shove off the ball, his hold-up play would be less effective and defenders wouldn't have to foul him in the attacking third to dispossess him.  We have other players with more pace.  Horses for courses.
I wouldn't risk changing a thing about Mitrovic, it really is a case of leave well alone.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on November 28, 2018, 12:17:38 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 27, 2018, 09:59:26 AM
I wouldn't risk changing a thing about Mitrovic, it really is a case of leave well alone.

I agree, best to leave alone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Do we know why Mitro was taken off with only five minutes to play?
Was it tactics, a slight injury, tiredness from his European week, or to avoid the possibility of a fifth booking and one match suspension.

By talking the two forwards off we lost our shape and handed Southampton the initiative to pound us for the last ten minutes.

It worked but I hate to think what the comments would have been on here had they equalised.

Tabby

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 28, 2018, 01:15:15 PM
Do we know why Mitro was taken off with only five minutes to play?
Was it tactics, a slight injury, tiredness from his European week, or to avoid the possibility of a fifth booking and one match suspension.

By talking the two forwards off we lost our shape and handed Southampton the initiative to pound us for the last ten minutes.

It worked but I hate to think what the comments would have been on here had they equalised.

He was knackered and I think Ranieri wanted AK's pace for counters.

Fulham Tup North

092.gif   
[/quote]

Doesn't surprise me, he is well known for that. Massive chip on his shoulder.
[/quote]
By the looks of him, he ate that chip!! And a bucket load more besides 😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WhiteJC

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on November 27, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

Yes, I know what you mean, it's the glaring eyes thing  I think. Could be claimed that DangeMouse looks is like Lineker with the heroic status, do gooding and big ears :)

One James stannard

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 29, 2018, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on November 27, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

Lol cheers JC  :54: