more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Angry John Pantsil

Started by King_Crud, November 28, 2018, 08:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Quote from: King_Crud on November 28, 2018, 08:45:46 AM
I was listening to the "That Peter Crouch Podcast", where Peter Crouch chats about various things to do with football and his career, it's an excellent podcast and I recommend it to all.

They asked him if he was ever scared of any players and he said that the one that scared him the most was John Pantsil when he was at Fulham. Apparently Crouchy was giving him a bit of lip and it sent Pantsil psycho, he said Pantsil just followed him around the rest of the game, roughing him up and threatening him, even to the point of playing out of position in order to get at Crouchy.

I was surprised by this, Pantsil always seemed the cheeriest bloke on the field, or maybe I'm confusing the post match celebrating Pantsil did with his on field demeanour. Anyone think Pantstil was a bit of a hot head?

Wow, this is interesting actually..

I remember the game when we beat Pompey 3-1 back in 2009 and Pantsil was all over Crouch and beat him to everything in the air.  I swear to this day Crouch didn't even try and it was one of the oddest things I've ever seen at the Cottage.  I wonder if this was the game he's talking about?

Mitch

I was listening to the "That Peter Crouch Podcast", where Peter Crouch chats about various things to do with football and his career, it's an excellent podcast and I recommend it to all.

They asked him if he was ever scared of any players and he said that the one that scared him the most was John Pantsil when he was at Fulham. Apparently Crouchy was giving him a bit of lip and it sent Pantsil psycho, he said Pantsil just followed him around the rest of the game, roughing him up and threatening him, even to the point of playing out of position in order to get at Crouchy.

I was surprised by this, Pantsil always seemed the cheeriest bloke on the field, or maybe I'm confusing the post match celebrating Pantsil did with his on field demeanour. Anyone think Pantstil was a bit of a hot head?

Have a read of John outside of football. Loveable guy, but he's got a hot head.

mrmicawbers

Met Bobbys son on our Europa travels,lovely fells and built like the proverbial SH with the adonis  looks.

King_Crud

Quote from: Aaron on November 29, 2018, 02:01:16 PM

Wow, this is interesting actually..

I remember the game when we beat Pompey 3-1 back in 2009 and Pantsil was all over Crouch and beat him to everything in the air.  I swear to this day Crouch didn't even try and it was one of the oddest things I've ever seen at the Cottage.  I wonder if this was the game he's talking about?

I'd say that's the one

Jimpav

Anyone remember the match that Pantsil beasted Drogba away at Chelski? We lost anyway, but it was probably the best performance he ever gave us.

ffc2004

Quote from: Jimpav on November 30, 2018, 11:51:40 AM

Anyone remember the match that Pantsil beasted Drogba away at Chelski? We lost anyway, but it was probably the best performance he ever gave us.

That game changed as soon as he went off injured

Kent Cassandra

Keechy was a toff, now Chopper Chenhall 1953/57 his tackles nearly sent wingers into the Thames.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought Beastility was a criminal offence, unless it's been legalised, since I last fell asleep.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jimpav

Anything goes these days Woolly, even mammoths, so watch out!

Jimpav

Quote from: ffc2004 on November 30, 2018, 01:43:50 PM

That game changed as soon as he went off injured

Yes, that's right, I had it in my head that he was sent off, but think I was getting mixed up with another match.

Looking back, we have given that lot some good games in the past. Let's hope Sunday is another one.

Bassey the warrior

Like many Fulham players under Roy, he punched above his weight if you look at his career. For a period he was superb and we missed him until we got Riether (first season).

Let's just say he was a much better right back than Burn.
But he was clearly mental.