watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andy Reid: Play me or I'm gone!

Started by Mr Fulham, October 14, 2010, 11:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1320529/Andy-Reid-considers-Sunderland-exit-lack-opportunities.html

Play me or I'm gone! Andy Reid considers Sunderland exit over lack of opportunities

Midfielder Andy Reid has warned he could quit Sunderland if he doesn't get more first-team football.

Steed Malbranque's fine form on the left wing has kept the Irishman out of the first team this season, who is in the last year of his Black Cats contract.
Rare outing: Reid (left) came on as a late sub against Manchester United

Rare outing: Reid (left) came on as a late sub against Manchester United

Reid is free of injury after a torrid nine months suffering hamstring, calf and achilles problems, but has struggled to re-establish himself at the Stadium of Light.

And he was left  frustrated at missing out on the Carling Cup clash against West Ham after manager Steve Bruce had promised changes.

With questions about his future on the agenda, the 28-year-old is intent on pressing his case for inclusion in the side.
Faultless: Malbranque has flourished on the left for Sunderland

Faultless: Malbranque has flourished on the left

'It's an important year for me,' he said. 'It's the last year of my contract and it's important that I can play games so I show what I can do and get myself sorted for next year. I have to be honest I'm disappointed I've not played more since I've come back.

'I understand that the team are doing well, I'm delighted that they're doing well. But if you look at it from a selfish perspective you want to be part of it – you want to be in.

'With me not starting games – I've come on for a few minutes here and there – I don't feel part of it.

'I want to be because the most important thing for me now is that I need games.

'I feel that no matter where I go, if I'm given a chance in the first team – like I was last year – then I don't think anyone would get me out of the team.

'It's easy for me to say and I don't blame the manager for not playing me while the team are doing well.'

_____

How about a cheeky January bid, Sparky?

Vinnieffc

I don't think Krappa make a shirt in his size  :011:

White Noise

KCat has alwas been a fan of this fella. He is always influential for a while wherever he goes but then seems to fall out of favour. He works hard and covers a lot of ground and always chips in with assists and goals. I think he hs done well at Sunderland and he is the sort of player we could use of the left side of midfield. Bizarrely he is still only 28 - seems like he has been around forever.

AlFayedsChequebook

If we can get him on the cheap he would be an excellent addition to the squad. Very underrated player IMO, my Charlton supporting mate loves him too.

The only problem is that he is not the most dynamic midfielder that we could get, and considering that we already have Duff and Davies taking up those roles then I cannot see Hughes going for him since he has a penchant for athletic players. If Hodgson was still about, I think we would have been in for him.