filham

Quote from: I Ronic on December 03, 2018, 09:40:10 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 03, 2018, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 03, 2018, 02:54:34 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on December 03, 2018, 09:54:26 AM
47 lost 26 drawn 11 won

Whose record is this ??

Ours against Chelsea.
I bet our record against Chelsea at the Bridge is even worse. Most of us expected to lose on Sunday but we are still very disappointed when it happens.

Samsara

Quote from: nose on December 03, 2018, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 03, 2018, 08:13:53 AM
Quote from: nose on December 03, 2018, 12:21:35 AM
Quote from: west kowloon white on December 02, 2018, 11:31:27 PM
It's Nose again- just move on.

Tha is very kind of you to take that attitude toward somebody that has had a season ticket for nearly sixty years, unbroken, even when the ground was 90% empty. I was really upbeat after the liverpool game and truely felt we had turned or were about to turn a proverbial corner.... and then the owner, noce bloke, made another error of judgment, bearing in my mind I have seen it all before and I do not have such faith as others in ranieri, I am entitled to make my comments. I really feel I am entitled to a little more respect.

You can have your opinion, but saying you've been going for 60 years really doesn't help your argument at all.

As I am sure you are well aware I love argument and discussion and stand my ground or give way based on what is said. I object the poster showing genuine rudness and I just wanted to remind him I have been around long enough to be shown a little civility.

It isn't vague that you're opinions frequently have an unforgiving cynicism. I don't post here often nor do I spend alot of time on the forum but even to me that's clear to see. I think that was his point. The premise of this thread was "stupid managers decisions, stupid board decisions". Longtime supporter or not, its not supportive and I personally don't see the point. Also, I haven't supported the club for 60 years and you don't know who I am, but if we're talking about people's entitlement to their opinion, this one is mine. Ranieri is the Manager now and we're moving forward, let's stop complaining about his appointment and be supporters for god's sake.

toshes mate

Quote from: SWAD on December 04, 2018, 06:01:12 AM
It isn't vague that you're opinions frequently have an unforgiving cynicism. I don't post here often nor do I spend alot of time on the forum but even to me that's clear to see. I think that was his point. The premise of this thread was "stupid managers decisions, stupid board decisions". Longtime supporter or not, its not supportive and I personally don't see the point. Also, I haven't supported the club for 60 years and you don't know who I am, but if we're talking about people's entitlement to their opinion, this one is mine. Ranieri is the Manager now and we're moving forward, let's stop complaining about his appointment and be supporters for god's sake.
And you aren'r 'just complaining' and being cynical about another poster for the sake of it? The original poster appears genuinely concerned about the club (you claim to support) making continuous errors at the the very centre of things?  What could be more natural than that?

We all move forward because we don't have a choice - time never stands still - but our memories should be cherished and aired at appropriate times, and it is any commenters privilege to regale us with those times if they wish.  We can simply avoid commenting if we have nothing but criticism to offer.

Your post would have sounded better if you hadn't placed an embedded demand/command within it. 

You do what you want and leave others to do what they want.

Samsara

Quote from: toshes mate on December 04, 2018, 07:45:01 AM
And you aren'r 'just complaining' and being cynical about another poster for the sake of it? The original poster appears genuinely concerned about the club (you claim to support) making continuous errors at the the very centre of things?  What could be more natural than that?

We all move forward because we don't have a choice - time never stands still - but our memories should be cherished and aired at appropriate times, and it is any commenters privilege to regale us with those times if they wish.  We can simply avoid commenting if we have nothing but criticism to offer.

Your post would have sounded better if you hadn't placed an embedded demand/command within it. 

...as I am. You dont see the irony in your reply as well? I responded that way because I believe an air of ambition is more productive amongst a group of supporters than constant redundant critique of club business decisions. You are making an argument about commenters rights, said my post would've 'sounded better' if I hadn't made a command, then made one yourself. Nose's comment wasn't as much a critique of sess being on the right as it was a critique of Khan.

toshes mate

Quote from: SWAD on December 04, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

...as I am. You dont see the irony in your reply as well? I responded that way because I believe an air of ambition is more productive amongst a group of supporters than constant redundant critique of club business decisions. You are making an argument about commenters rights, said my post would've 'sounded better' if I hadn't made a command, then made one yourself. Nose's comment wasn't as much a critique of sess being on the right as it was a critique of Khan.
Yes, but I don't retaliate at comments that are cynical and critical by telling the writer that they should shut up and get behind the team, because it isn't my place. 

nose returns

Quote from: toshes mate on December 04, 2018, 01:39:34 PM
Quote from: SWAD on December 04, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

Yes, but I don't retaliate at comments that are cynical and critical by telling the writer that they should shut up and get behind the team, because it isn't my place.

Exactly, we are all behind the team but there is a rather rude element that sneers at anything critical of the club, suggesting we are somehow, not behind the lads, hence my reminder I have been around a long time, what else am I than 100%  committed.
I did start out commenting on the managger's error, as i saw it but it led me to comment on how we got to where we are, I didn't realise that was such a crime to develop argument... the crime of 'constant redundant critique of club business decisions'... what else is the MB for if not discuss what is going on and what has gone on....

it is a pity that swab and Kowloon cannot discuss the football issues that I brought up.

nose returns

I am moving on to the leicester game now and will comment on this thread no more...