What a miss by Odoi

Started by JoelH5, December 05, 2018, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Much better performance but how did Odoi miss that. Best chance of the game
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Milo

Aw bless him he's a CB! Don't be mean.

I thought some of his close control in defence was sublime tonight!

irishfulham

He played great but oh my god that miss.....2 big points dropped

Tabby

Good performance today, but really need to start picking up more wins. Hopefully it will come soon.

fulhamfever

To be fair the marking for the equalizer was poor nobody picked up the runner.

Black and White Town

Plenty of chances that we could and should be putting away.
But still a good performance, and we probably deserved to win. If we keep playing like that I don't think we'll be relegated.

JoelH5

Leicester would have been 6th with a win tonight and we feel disappointed not to have won. We also only conceded one. Much, much better!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bassey the warrior

Yeah shocking miss. He needs to be composed there. Could've knocked a win.

Nero

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 05, 2018, 09:48:09 PM
Yeah shocking miss. He needs to be composed there. Could've knocked a win.

worryingly I think he was trying to square it to Mitro

ffc73

Odoi's miss is the type of chance you have to score to stay up.  Sorry but that was the stuff of nightmares & in our predicament a huge huge opportunity wasted

Robbie

It was right in front of me and actually was difficult to pull off ... the ball bounced quite high and was too close to the goal..... AK not cutting back to TC or AM was much worse in my view ... strikers should know better !

davew

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 05, 2018, 09:46:08 PM
Leicester would have been 6th with a win tonight and we feel disappointed not to have won. We also only conceded one. Much, much better!!
They didn't look anything like a top 6 side tonight, they rely on their top 11 players being fit and available and tonight many of them were not, they need to strengthen their squad!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

mcbride5912

Even though he is a CB it's a shocking miss and even worse that it wasn't on target. That combined with AK's inability to cut it back has potentially cost us a huge 2 points. With United on Saturday which we are unlikely to win we could find ourselves 4 points from safety. Once that gap starts opening up it will be hard to close and not helped by the fact we have already given three points to Cardiff and Huddersfield.

As you can tell I was really disheartened by this result (although the performance wasn't terrible)

nose returns

Quote from: fulhamfever on December 05, 2018, 09:41:14 PM

neither full back has a clue.. in the flesh they could have punished us if they were nore clinical with their passing.

Andy S

Total over reaction if he had scored it would have been in contension for goal of the season

davew

Quote from: Andy S on December 05, 2018, 11:28:05 PM
Total over reaction if he had scored it would have been in contension for goal of the season
(LOL) true but you mean contention, your point is very valid though, if he had scored this forum would be so different tonight, all about ifs and buts and he didn't score, certainly deserves to be in the starting 11 again in all of the remaining December matches. If he hasn't proven himself by January then it will be confirmed that we need somebody better and more experienced. Jury is out on that 1 while I am a member of it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobby01

No matter what the fella does some continually slate him on here. A bad miss from cairney as well but that's football, why he continually gets singled out I don't know.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bobby01 on December 06, 2018, 11:14:51 AM
No matter what the fella does some continually slate him on here. A bad miss from cairney as well but that's football, why he continually gets singled out I don't know.
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Milo on December 05, 2018, 09:38:26 PM
Aw bless him he's a CB! Don't be mean.

I thought some of his close control in defence was sublime tonight!

He continues to prove me wrong as a CB at this level. I think his athleticism is playing better in the Premier League than I anticipated. The partnership with Mawson looks solid at the moment.

KJS

Quote from: nose on December 05, 2018, 11:14:28 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on December 05, 2018, 09:41:14 PM

neither full back has a clue.. in the flesh they could have punished us if they were nore clinical with their passing.

And we could have punished them too but like them we didn't and that is what football is about "Fine Margins"!!!