watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good signs of recovery

Started by Peabody, December 06, 2018, 11:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Three games not the new regime and the signs are good. Last night I thought we played ell and in my opinion, we deserved to win. I thought Let Chester, despite them having a couple of good chances, did not play well. How many times did Schmeichel put his goal kicks into touch?.

We played well and if only aDennis had slipped the ball to the unmarked Mitro but hey ho, that's the way it goes.

nose returns

it's a glass half full or half empty moment.
the good was we played well in the second half and created many opportunities
the bad... we gave Leicester so many chances in the first 25 minutes they could have been out of sight before we got going. One should not forget that  they did not have their full first team, with Vardy leading the line, I suspect we would have lost.
more bad... zonal marking at corners, I am not a fan and even the best teams struggle.
more good: odoi at full back and bryan at full back, for those few minutes the back four looked more stable, MLM and christie are nightmarish.
More Good: Rico played well and was MoM
More Bad: Rico played well and was MoM, if we are to progress the goalkeeper cannot keep on being MoM, he needs less to do.
The ugly: AK's ridiculous attempt in the second half with TC and Mitro unmarked and available for tap ins.

Overall, good second half against a team that spent most of the game kicking it into touch. have we turned a corner? I couldn't say yet, we shall see. I suspect that if we are to survive Mr ranieri will need to stamp his authority on Christmas/ new year purchases because we are surely lacking a few decnt players.

Deeping_white

Quote from: nose on December 06, 2018, 12:07:33 PM
the bad... we gave Leicester so many chances in the first 25 minutes they could have been out of sight before we got going. One should not forget that  they did not have their full first team, with Vardy leading the line, I suspect we would have lost.
more bad... zonal marking at corners, I am not a fan and even the best teams struggle.
more good: odoi at full back and bryan at full back, for those few minutes the back four looked more stable, MLM and christie are nightmarish.
More Bad: Rico played well and was MoM, if we are to progress the goalkeeper cannot keep on being MoM, he needs less to do.
The ugly: AK's ridiculous attempt in the second half with TC and Mitro unmarked and available for tap ins.

Overall, good second half against a team that spent most of the game kicking it into touch. have we turned a corner? I couldn't say yet, we shall see. I suspect that if we are to survive Mr ranieri will need to stamp his authority on Christmas/ new year purchases because we are surely lacking a few decnt players.

What exactly did Christie or MLM do wrong last night? They both had good games, MLM once again showing he's more than useful in a position he doesn't like playing in.

Moltobueno

IMO MLM did not have a good game last night. Albrighton had no problems putting any cross in that he wanted to put in. While attacking, MLM only passes only straight forward or straight backward, never tries a diagonnal. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 06, 2018, 12:31:16 PM

What exactly did Christie or MLM do wrong last night? They both had good games, MLM once again showing he's more than useful in a position he doesn't like playing in.
thought mlm had a better game last night, actually got forward a lot more. Christie tries but it just never seems to come off for him. I like Bryan, so a game or two to see what he brings whilst mlm is injured is not the end of the world. And yes if we had a decent rcb I'd be tempted to play odoi at th. But alas, we don't have a decent rcb
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KJS

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 06, 2018, 12:35:45 PM
IMO MLM did not have a good game last night. Albrighton had no problems putting any cross in that he wanted to put in. While attacking, MLM only passes only straight forward or straight backward, never tries a diagonnal.

Not sure what game you watched but I too thought MLM played well last night and is definitely improving  :54:

Woolly Mammoth

Unfortunately MLM is not an orthodox full back, round pegs in square holes in the English Premier League is a recipe for failure.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

terryr

Quote from: Peabody on December 06, 2018, 11:52:06 AM
Three games not the new regime and the signs are good. Last night I thought we played ell and in my opinion, we deserved to win. I thought Let Chester, despite them having a couple of good chances, did not play well. How many times did Schmeichel put his goal kicks into touch?.

We played well and if only aDennis had slipped the ball to the unmarked Mitro but hey ho, that's the way it goes.
I always look for your comments
Thanks

SP

There's a picture of Rico on the Ofal just after we scored that reassures me how much winning means to the players.  Hopefully, the weak or unwilling have been weeded out now.

Snibbo

The thing about MLM is that when he does get forward he makes intelligent cut backs and crosses. Contrast to say Fredericks who was great going forward but not much came of it, and that was in the Championship

nose returns

MLM had a better game agreed but he is very uncomfortable at LB and is far too eratic hence the nightmarish comment.
Christie, is a trier but not that good.
We are endlessly targeted in those two positions as we remain so weak, and whilst seri is taking flack for their goal not picking up maddison elesewhere on this MB, actually christie is the one that is worst at fault for not seeing the danger and dealing with it.... he was ball watching. he is the RB and maddison appears unm arked in the area christie just has to be responsible for.
As I said when odoi went to RB and bryan at LB with ream at CB the back four, for the first time this season looked balanced. MLM could play at center back, he is OK there but I prefer ream.

alfie

Quote from: nose on December 07, 2018, 03:26:22 PM

MLM had a better game agreed but he is very uncomfortable at LB and is far too eratic hence the nightmarish comment.
Christie, is a trier but not that good.
We are endlessly targeted in those two positions as we remain so weak, and whilst seri is taking flack for their goal not picking up maddison elesewhere on this MB, actually christie is the one that is worst at fault for not seeing the danger and dealing with it.... he was ball watching. he is the RB and maddison appears unm arked in the area christie just has to be responsible for.
As I said when odoi went to RB and bryan at LB with ream at CB the back four, for the first time this season looked balanced. MLM could play at center back, he is OK there but I prefer ream.
Agree with much of that, but Ream? He has been horrendous in the few games his played, and he is my favourite player.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't