watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did Seri give the ball away in the first four minutes

Started by The Swan, December 05, 2018, 10:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

On the Five Live this evening they said that Seri gave the ball away allowing Leicester player through on goal . Thankfully Rico saved the shot.
How many more times will Seri give the ball away.
The Swan

Tabby

I think it was a horrendous pass from Vietto. Didn't do anything wrong otherwise.

Matt10

Nope, wasn't his fault at all. Vietto gets stuck with 3 guys on him and sends a hospital pass in Seri's direction, which gets picked up and pounced upon.

Statto

Did any player not give the ball away at some point in the 94 minutes?

How many more times will i see crap seri posts?

Bassey the warrior

As has been pointed out he was dropped in it so not his fault. Vietto has a very disappointing game, although he did well to create his chance to shoot. He's not a number 10 for me, he seems most dangerous in the box.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on December 05, 2018, 10:16:08 PM
Did any player not give the ball away at some point in the 94 minutes?

How many more times will i see crap seri posts?

Hear hear. So annoying.

ffc73

How many times will Seri receive hospital passes when he has 3 men around him?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Perhaps refrain from posting another accusatory post about a player if you didn't go to the game because as the rest of the people have pointed out on this thread, he was sold up poo creek without a paddle

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on December 05, 2018, 10:27:42 PM
thought seri played well today
He did, but I saw him give the ball away early on, think I mentioned that on the match day thread, he is wrongly now being singled out as our weakest link, he isn't and tbh I am not sure there is 1? Our team are simply not good enough to compete with most of the other 19 teams in the PL  and maybe still won't be able to even after the next transfer window. Perhaps what we should do is lower our expectations and just try and enjoy our time in the PL (me included), I never thought I would still be alive when we got back there, but now we are, I too will try and enjoy the time we are still in the league! I have posted this on my desktop to remind me of what I am saying. Got to say I prefer the pre social media days when we used to go home after a disappointing performance and defeat and just share it with a few friends, all this analytical and often counter productive debate does not improve results, just means we have to replace our keyboard on our laptops once a year (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 05, 2018, 10:28:54 PM
Perhaps refrain from posting another accusatory post about a player if you didn't go to the game because as the rest of the people have pointed out on this thread, he was sold up poo creek without a paddle
You don't need to go to a game to give an opinion but it helps, certainly you can't give an opinion based on listening to our Gentleman Jim and Jamie otherwise we should be 8 points clear by now and in the Champions League maybe, but the people who are able to watch matches on the internet or Sky/BT (including tape them on those channels) are able to comment and in fact have better footage and time to analyse what has happened than people at a game with no action replays!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 10:38:59 PM
He did, but I saw him give the ball away early on, think I mentioned that on the match day thread, he is wrongly now being singled out as our weakest link, he isn't and tbh I am not sure there is 1? Our team are simply not good enough to compete with most of the other 19 teams in the PL  and maybe still won't be able to even after the next transfer window. Perhaps what we should do is lower our expectations and just try and enjoy our time in the PL (me included), I never thought I would still be alive when we got back there, but now we are, I too will try and enjoy the time we are still in the league! I have posted this on my desktop to remind me of what I am saying. Got to say I prefer the pre social media days when we used to go home after a disappointing performance and defeat and just share it with a few friends, all this analytical and often counter productive debate does not improve results, just means we have to replace our keyboard on our laptops once a year (lol)!

and your drinks cabinet
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2018, 10:47:21 PM

and your drinks cabinet
That is below the belt Woolly, do you know how much it costs me to replace my drinks cabinet, let alone the contents inside it?

Baszab

I thought Seri did OK - but watching him live he just seems to be going through the motions - often a yard off pace - woth both TC and RS in the middle there is too much covering for Chambers to do ... need another tough midfielder-m - imagine TC up against Pogba, Pogba will eat him alive

Sting of the North

Disagree profoundly with the bolded part. I believe our team as it stands now has the potential to be better than at least Burnley, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton Crystal Palace and Newcastle. Whether or not we will finish above at least three of them is another question, but it is not quality in our players that is lacking.

Don't think we need reinforcements, and should only go for players that is an instant improvement on the current ones. Such players are hard to come by in January, but it is of course possible. Like Clyne for example should be an improvement on Christie, and if those rumors are true I would be happy.

davew

Quote from: Baszab on December 05, 2018, 10:55:57 PM
I thought Seri did OK - but watching him live he just seems to be going through the motions - often a yard off pace - woth both TC and RS in the middle there is too much covering for Chambers to do ... need another tough midfielder-m - imagine TC up against Pogba, Pogba will eat him alive
If he does that, it would constitute a red card! Chambers (at last in a better position that suits him) does need more support, it isn't TC and it certainly isn't RS, so I hope our scouts have somebody in mind to bring in January!

nose returns

seri came with a massive reputation...
in reality at best he is ordinary and under pressure has no fist touch. loses possesion with alarming regularity

when he has space and time and under no pressure can pick a pass and flatters to decieve
IMO he is a waste of money, i have seen much worse than seri but for the reported fee surely there is much better
the fact tonight was a better/improved performance speaks volumes for how poor he has been rather than a measure of how good he is.
that is my opinion based on seeing him in the flesh all season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baszab on December 05, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

I do not understand this. Did you watch the game today? Seri was everywhere, winning tackles, making passes and harassing opponents into giving the ball up. I think he is a great complement to Chambers. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: nose on December 05, 2018, 11:04:29 PM
seri came with a massive reputation...
in reality at best he is ordinary and under pressure has no fist touch. loses possesion with alarming regularity

when he has space and time and under no pressure can pick a pass and flatters to decieve
IMO he is a waste of money, i have seen much worse than seri but for the reported fee surely there is much better
the fact tonight was a better/improved performance speaks volumes for how poor he has been rather than a measure of how good he is.
that is my opinion based on seeing him in the flesh all season.

The fee we paid is irrelevant when discussing if he is good enough. We have already paid it so we will never get anything better for those millions. It doesn't matter if he plays like a big money signing. At this point it matters whether he plays good enough. I think he does most of the time, and I do get that you think he doesn't.

BarneyTravers

Seri grew in confidence after the early mix up and as the game progressed was both energetic and considered with his  range of passing.

He needed that performance.

Well done Seri.

coyw