watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Button and Burn

Started by res, January 09, 2019, 12:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Button and Burn are now sharing bench warming duties at Brighton...both are nice characters and had moments at Fulham (especially Burn) but Premiership quality? The answer I suppose as irrelevant as Brighton are happily mid table and we are not-another example of a team being better than the sum of the individuals (Brighton) rather than a team being (considerably) worse than the sum of the individuals (Fulham)

Brawn

You can probably add Neil Etheridge to this list as well of "players playing in the Premier League yet Marcus Bettinelli isn't".

Always was a big fan of Dan Burn. Mistake by Slav to release him, especially given Slav had dropped Ream in favour of him.

MikeW

Button & Burn in Brighton.  Music Hall act? Then you Bettinelli, probably a song in there.  Oh come on, it's a chilly Wed in Jan!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Quote from: res on January 09, 2019, 12:33:15 PM
Button and Burn are now sharing bench warming duties at Brighton...both are nice characters and had moments at Fulham (especially Burn) but Premiership quality? The answer I suppose as irrelevant as Brighton are happily mid table and we are not-another example of a team being better than the sum of the individuals (Brighton) rather than a team being (considerably) worse than the sum of the individuals (Fulham)
To be fair, Button went to Brighton as no 2 to Matt Ryan, who has 50+ games for Australia and is a very very good keeper.  Ryan is currently injured and Button played in Brighton's last 2 league games (v Everton and W Ham).  Against Everton he was MoM and the BBC said 'he excelled'.  He was on the bench for the recent cup game and Brighton's 3rd choice keeper played.

And Burn joined Brighton from Wigan in August, was loaned back to Wigan until 1 Jan so he's been with Brighton only for a week.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

We shouldn't have let Etheridge go,turned into a fine keeper.

Bassey the warrior

I don't think we miss any of them. Etheridge has done well though.

aaronmcguigan

Isn't Button only playing because Maty Ryan is playing for Australia in the Asia Cup?

Wigan fans were relieved to get rid of Burn. Great last season but mistake strewn this year and a few own goals to go with it, although was ridiculed a few weeks ago for a poor performance at right back... again

filham

Always had time for Burn, he was very good in the air, a talent that right now could be put to good use in our back five.

We play Brighton at the Cottage at the end of the month, be prepared for Burn coming on and heading a goal from a corner.

lukeahar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2019, 06:17:08 PM
We shouldn't have let Etheridge go,turned into a fine keeper.

In one of the most recent home programmes (hudds or wolves) there was an interview with Etheridge. If I recall correctly he chose to leave when we got relegated and regretted doing so. Still happy he's doing well for himself.

Always appreciated Burn as a cult icon but don't think he or Button could do a job for us. Burn's PL career post Fulham started 10 days ago.
@lukeahar

Brawn

I think Burn suits a back five far more than a back four, as he's not particularly fast and therefore works best as the middle of a three. Also Burn seemed to do better in the PL than in the Championship for us, although I personally feel that may be down to the manager. Perhaps Burn is one of those players who is very dependent on the manager, as under Magath and Slav he was nowhere near his performances under Kit and Rene.