watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The Pretty Things “Final Bow”

Started by Milo, December 09, 2018, 09:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Wondered if anyone was going to the Pretty Things final gig next week at the O2? Van Morrison etc supporting.

Can't make it so any videos or clips would be hugely appreciated!

Coming to an end after 55 years.. luckily saw them play last year in a tiny venue in Notts so happy for that to be my lasting memory..

RaySmith

Phil May has got emphysema is the reason, sadly.

They were of  my favourite bands  in the 60's, the time of their hit single, Rosalyn.

Not going to the gig, sorry, but sure  there will be footage on youtube, etc., and  recordings.

Fernhurst

This can't be the same "Pretty Things" I saw in a Ricky Tick club back in the sixties?
The way they first came to prominence was to play on the fact their hair was longer than the The Stones.
Unusual for them to appear at a Ricky Tick who were famous for featuring Blues, R&B and Soul.
Had no idea they were still together and performing!!
Good luck in retirement lads, about bloody time.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

S.F.Sorrow

Would have loved to be there but sadly can't make it. One of my favourite bands ever!

Cambridge Pete

Oh what a blast from the past. Great band saw many times at places like the Ricky and Eel Pie. Really sad to hear that Phil is ill. Good luck and I hope the gig is a stormer.

Milo

Listening to Bowie's PinUps today to remind myself how many artists they influenced!

ffccornwall

First live band I ever saw. I went to Richmond Rugby Club around 1967 to see Pink Floyd. when I got there they said that Floyd couldn't make it so The Pretty Things played instead. they performed songs from their latest album SF SORROW and I was blown away by them. I've still got the album, hugely underrated at the time.

Twig

I still play SF Sorrow and Parachute. I agree a much underrated band. Would love to have seen their farewell but am abroad working until the weekend.