News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa's Card-straight red or second yellow?

Started by res, December 09, 2018, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Was it a straight red (in which case we should appeal) or a second yellow (in which case we can't)?-either way it was just a mild ball winning tackle leading to Rashford falling over and bringing Anguissa down. Another ridiculous ref. decision, not that I'm saying that it altered the end result...however we lost the momentum from pulling back to 3-1.
By the way why was Herrera not carded following the penalty tackle on AK49? (AK was the last man so could/should have been red?)

Jimpav

Lighthouse

I know nobody cares but as a fan of football all my life. I went with my Dad and grew up watching football from all four divisions and knew the misery of Fulham from an early age. I caught an infection that had me hospitalised after watching Man Utd play Fulham as a youngster.

But if there is one thing that will put me off the game for good it is this total destruction of allowing tackling in the game. The tackle was a fair one and yet we have a sending off and frankly not for the first time we have had players over reacting to fair tackles. It is destroying the game. It is like not allowing catches in cricket. The game is becoming very boring.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose returns

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 09, 2018, 06:42:12 PM
I know nobody cares but as a fan of football all my life. I went with my Dad and grew up watching football from all four divisions and knew the misery of Fulham from an early age. I caught an infection that had me hospitalised after watching Man Utd play Fulham as a youngster.

But if there is one thing that will put me off the game for good it is this total destruction of allowing tackling in the game. The tackle was a fair one and yet we have a sending off and frankly not for the first time we have had players over reacting to fair tackles. It is destroying the game. It is like not allowing catches in cricket. The game is becoming very boring.

I have to rashford desrves a three match ban for his acting/behaviour but he plays in red so no chance.

Watford_fc

Quote from: nose on December 09, 2018, 06:49:38 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 09, 2018, 06:42:12 PM

I have to rashford desrves a three match ban for his acting/behaviour but he plays in red so no chance.

And English so not one of those "nasty foriegners coming over here bringing cheating with them"

Bill2

Just seen the highlights and this was not even a foul, the only reason they fell over because Rashford had his arms wrapped around Anguissa and puled them down. Both players stayed on their feet, Anguissa only played the ball and it hardly moved so it showed the level of impact. Will be watching it on MOTD later to see what the say.

Of course we will not get any comment from the ref which makes it more frustrating for the fans to understand. Also it looked like it was a straight red as he did not appear to wave the yellow first.

Really disappointed with Rashford as I always liked him before this.

Bassey the warrior

Clearly not a foul but if Chambers is fit I don't think we'll really miss him. I've been really disappointed by him so far, he's so lethargic. Really hope he'll improve. 

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 10, 2018, 10:06:44 PM
Clearly not a foul but if Chambers is fit I don't think we'll really miss him. I've been really disappointed by him so far, he's so lethargic. Really hope he'll improve. 
So right , we need Chambers back as soon as possible. We have yet to see a good performance from Anguissi.

davew

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 10, 2018, 10:06:44 PM
We won't even notice he isn't playing apart from the team will hopefully play better without him!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bill2

Watched MOTD for an opinion of the "experts" on the sending off, but surprise surprise it wasn't even mentioned, also as an add-on was Mata off side when he played that ball across the box?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Bill2 on December 11, 2018, 01:49:18 PM
Watched MOTD for an opinion of the "experts" on the sending off, but surprise surprise it wasn't even mentioned, also as an add-on was Mata off side when he played that ball across the box?

Mata looked clearly offside. Anguissa's sending off was pathetic from Rashford and from the referee. Not our best day, but we really didn't get any breaks either.

The Rock

It's fixed. And just in case it's not really fixed Probert also awarded 2 penalties to Brighton in September, he hates us. 

Bill2

Quote from: The Rock on December 11, 2018, 07:04:30 PM
It's fixed. And just in case it's not really fixed Probert also awarded 2 penalties to Brighton in September, he hates us. 
I have to agree, just watched the full 90 and he was hopeless, in the first 5 minutes he missed Smalling virtually bear hugging Mitro then he completely ignored a push in Ryan's back. In fact Smalling could not go for the ball without holding the player. There were 2 occasions where Man U players took out Fulham when they were breaking and while he gave the foul no card. I doubt if Probert will ever see this but if he is not a cheat he is useless. Didn't even book the player who fouled AK for the penalty.

BedsFFC

I cant remember the rules. Can we appeal a yellow?

Snibbo