watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New stand - Away fans and Neutral section

Started by BedsFFC, December 12, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I think I am correct in saying that our dilema with the current stadium is that because entry is by one side only, we have restrictions on where we put away fans.

I also believe I am right in saying that the new stand will now enable us to have fans entering from Stevenage rd and from the park side? IS there also entry via the river walk to the new stand?

I am passionate about the home end being the Putney end. Right next to the cottage and where the players walk out.

In the Premier, clubs have to guarantee 3000 away fans unless the capacity is under 30'000. Ours will be short by a couple of hundred. So, we will have to allocate at least 10% under league rules.

The JH holds 5800. My suggestion would be, make just over half of the JH for away fans, going in there own turnstiles. Stick them right down the end at the Hammersmith end.

I think the fans wanting to make some noise would gravitate toward the 2800 seats in JH next to the away fans and the couple of blocks next to the cottage in the Putney End.

2 sides making some noise really cranks up the atmosphere and this motivates the others that need a bit of encouragement (probably include myself in that)

With the greatest respect to the lads at the back of The Hammersmith, it just doesnt really work. There's not enough of you and youre too far away.

I cant wait to walk into the new developed stadium and not only be blown away by the stand but also the new improved atmosphere. This is the chance and I believe the fans should be involved with the decision

DevonFFC

In the europa league we put them in the JH stands but in the corner closest to the cottage

BedsFFC

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 12, 2018, 02:51:14 PM
In the europa league we put them in the JH stands but in the corner closest to the cottage

Wasnt that just in the Basel game?

I cant remember how, but there was a diffrence in the Europa rules that enabled us to do that

nose returns

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 12, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

I cant remember how, but there was a diffrence in the Europa rules that enabled us to do that

No all eurpoa games had the away fans in the JH

Riversider

Seriously, how long have you been supporting Fulham ?

fcfulham55

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 12, 2018, 02:27:37 PM
I think I am correct in saying that our dilema with the current stadium is that because entry is by one side only, we have restrictions on where we put away fans.

I also believe I am right in saying that the new stand will now enable us to have fans entering from Stevenage rd and from the park side? IS there also entry via the river walk to the new stand?

I am passionate about the home end being the Putney end. Right next to the cottage and where the players walk out.

In the Premier, clubs have to guarantee 3000 away fans unless the capacity is under 30'000. Ours will be short by a couple of hundred. So, we will have to allocate at least 10% under league rules.

The JH holds 5800. My suggestion would be, make just over half of the JH for away fans, going in there own turnstiles. Stick them right down the end at the Hammersmith end.

I think the fans wanting to make some noise would gravitate toward the 2800 seats in JH next to the away fans and the couple of blocks next to the cottage in the Putney End.

2 sides making some noise really cranks up the atmosphere and this motivates the others that need a bit of encouragement (probably include myself in that)

With the greatest respect to the lads at the back of The Hammersmith, it just doesnt really work. There's not enough of you and youre too far away.

I cant wait to walk into the new developed stadium and not only be blown away by the stand but also the new improved atmosphere. This is the chance and I believe the fans should be involved with the decision

I think that would be a brilliant idea, would love to see it happen! Sadly couldn't imagine it'll happen.  Unless we forward a suggestion to the club, in which I'm all for.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Quote from: fcfulham55 on December 12, 2018, 06:25:53 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on December 12, 2018, 02:27:37 PM

Agree with every point I should add.

I think that would be a brilliant idea, would love to see it happen! Sadly couldn't imagine it'll happen.  Unless we forward a suggestion to the club, in which I'm all for.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

BedsFFC

Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2018, 04:58:35 PM

Too long sadly

You're very loud behind your keyboard arent you?

The Basel home game was the only game I didnt go to. My memory from that game is on TV and they were really clear. It's all a bit of a blur. I was in the JH at every home game inc Hamburg & Juve and I honestly cant remember where the away fans sat. I loved it.

It's the sort of things some fellow FFC would find amusing but of course the only thing you do is offer a snidey comment. Whatever mate...

JoelH5

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 12, 2018, 06:59:05 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2018, 04:58:35 PM

Too long sadly

You're very loud behind your keyboard arent you?

The Basel home game was the only game I didnt go to. My memory from that game is on TV and they were really clear. It's all a bit of a blur. I was in the JH at every home game inc Hamburg & Juve and I honestly cant remember where the away fans sat. I loved it.

It's the sort of things some fellow FFC would find amusing but of course the only thing you do is offer a snidey comment. Whatever mate...

Ignore it mate. Everyone else does
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bill2

Good idea, as for ticket allocation, how is it the likes of Arsenal seem to give a very miserly allocation?

Also what to do with the neutral zone, with the big teams they fill it out. So with an increased capacity will they have more fans. Scrap it on my opinion.

MJG

Not exactly right, the main restriction is below the stand where safety concerns mean segregation is not possible.

I also believe I am right in saying that the new stand will now enable us to have fans entering from Stevenage rd and from the park side?
Not confirmed that entry to the new stand will be via one, two or three entrances.
Is there also entry via the river walk to the new stand?
There are turnstiles at both end of the walkway

Hammersmith end is larger and while I like the Putney end as a place to watch from I doubt majority of fans would want to do that.

Will be 10% or agreed with lge while we do the work

We are going to have to move a good couple of thousand riversiders into the Putney end anyway and now you want to upset another couple of thousand by kicking them out of their seats, that won't go down well.

Doubtful as ST prices are higher on the side and when asked about moving to Putney end to make a 'singing section' for playoffs it went down like a lead balloon.

We make the noise all around the ground when really needed

I agree with the far away part, they would be best to move down nearer the green pole.

I cant wait to walk into the new developed stadium and not only be blown away by the stand but also the new improved atmosphere. This is the chance and I believe the fans should be involved with the decision.
Well I know the Trust and riversiders will be involved in discussions but as to your wider plans I think that will be a no go.
Just the views of a long term fan

HamsterWheel

Those commenting seem to have missed the recent changes in the Putney End putting in loads of wheelchair places. Clearly all part of the plan to move everyone from the Riverside.
This has all been decided and planned. Too late chaps!
Besides, what team would ever want to swap home ends? It's just not done erasing generations of tradition.

Statto

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 13, 2018, 12:34:22 PM
Besides, what team would ever want to swap home ends? It's just not done erasing generations of tradition.

Agree. The home core have to remain in the Hammersmith end IMO.

I posted on here a while ago, I'm not sure of the explanation for it, but with phenomenal consistency (it seems about 95% of the time to me) we end up shooting into that end in the second half of games, and as a consequence that's where all those great decisive goals have gone. Dempsey v Juventus, Gera v Hamburg, Odoi v Derby and Cairney's equaliser v Leeds in 16/17 spring to mind.

That goal frame is now sacred.

The only explanation I can think of is, when we lose the toss, the opposition choose to shoot into the Putney End second half because it gets the worst glare at sunset (being further to the East), but then when we win the toss, we choose to shoot into our own fans in the Hammersmith End.

MJG

Those commenting seem to have missed the recent changes in the Putney End putting in loads of wheelchair places. Clearly all part of the plan to move everyone from the Riverside.
This has all been decided and planned. Too late chaps!
Partly that but also partly to keep up with PL regs on number of spaces required.
Just the views of a long term fan

BedsFFC

Quote from: MJG on December 13, 2018, 12:09:06 PM
Not exactly right, the main restriction is below the stand where safety concerns mean segregation is not possible.

I also believe I am right in saying that the new stand will now enable us to have fans entering from Stevenage rd and from the park side?
Not confirmed that entry to the new stand will be via one, two or three entrances.
Is there also entry via the river walk to the new stand?
There are turnstiles at both end of the walkway

Hammersmith end is larger and while I like the Putney end as a place to watch from I doubt majority of fans would want to do that.

Will be 10% or agreed with lge while we do the work

We are going to have to move a good couple of thousand riversiders into the Putney end anyway and now you want to upset another couple of thousand by kicking them out of their seats, that won't go down well.

Doubtful as ST prices are higher on the side and when asked about moving to Putney end to make a 'singing section' for playoffs it went down like a lead balloon.

We make the noise all around the ground when really needed

I agree with the far away part, they would be best to move down nearer the green pole.

I cant wait to walk into the new developed stadium and not only be blown away by the stand but also the new improved atmosphere. This is the chance and I believe the fans should be involved with the decision.
Well I know the Trust and riversiders will be involved in discussions but as to your wider plans I think that will be a no go.

Cheers Mike

BedsFFC

We did

alfie

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 13, 2018, 04:13:09 PM

We did
It would be nice for a change that the fantastic singing and shouting in the Hammersmith end could be heard all over the ground, you get that from the Putney end, I don't see the issue if it benefits the team and the club, please don't comeback with    "tradition"  as that doesn't make things easier.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't