more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The Wine Thread

Started by Milo, December 14, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 15, 2018, 11:33:08 AM

And you wonder why Fulham have the reputation they have. 

Yes best brace ourselves for a few choruses of "Does your butler know you're here" this evening!
Of course he does, who else would arrange tickets, transport, advise on appropriate clothing etc?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jimmy Hill

Vintage Champagne in Waitrose is £24.99 bargain!! Get some in to celebrate 3 points today

davew

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on December 15, 2018, 11:52:07 AM
Vintage Champagne in Waitrose is £24.99 bargain!! Get some in to celebrate 3 points today
Sold out at our local store, lot of West Ham supporters live in Cornwall!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

Here in Spain I buy the Semi secCava for €1.49 & if I want a really top red Rioja I might have to pay up to €3. Spirits from Aldi are €4.50 a bottle. San Miguel cans 29 cents each.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Russianrob

Siorry if stating the obvious but if a red take out cork one hour before drinking.

Fulham 442

Also, Waitrose has had a 10 fine wines for £10/bottle promotion recently, some of which have now sold out, and there are some stunning bargains amongst them.

I bought a couple of bottles of a particular NZ SB on this offer that the Ivy sells for £39!

Milo

Expect this thread to get busier tonight.

What is everyone numbing the pain with this evening?

Im on a bottle of Barolo 2014 from Lidl. Disappointing so far... like the Whites defence...

davew

Going to have to buy another 100 bottles 2moro, will drink 1 for every goal we concede from now on, just hope the stock lasts until the end of this season?

Milo

If we are going to be bottom of something... I'd rather it was a bottle, Dave! Not the league..

bigalffc

I am at the bottom of la Moneda Viognier reserva and need another after that result.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

nose returns

Isla negra
£5 at tesco
Remarkable value... recommended on TV
It is  a brand, i like the red merlot and white chardonnay

Sparkling wine
Chapel down    NV brut.... it's english, brilliant like top class chapagne, £22 in tesco

SP

Quote from: davew on December 15, 2018, 12:06:57 PM

Was recommended on James Martins cooking prog this morning.  Beat a £40 bottle of Tattinger in the taste test.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Russianrob on December 15, 2018, 02:57:45 PM
Siorry if stating the obvious but if a red take out cork one hour before drinking.

Jack Cork is the son of Alan Cork.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: SP on December 15, 2018, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: davew on December 15, 2018, 12:06:57 PM

Was recommended on James Martins cooking prog this morning.  Beat a £40 bottle of Tattinger in the taste test.

I tried that and tasted against the lower cost chapel down..... chapel down rather nicer IMO.  I commend it to you.

Mince n Tatties

Rather have a bottle of Bombardier (Tesco £1-70)
Or a draught Guiness at the local. :beer:

Milo

Chateau Montaiguillion 2015 claret - fantastic nose, and easy drinking claret at around £15 a bottle.

Milo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 16, 2018, 09:11:20 AM

Considered making a beer section too...

Castle Rock is the local brewery in Nottingham and does a few great bottles available nationwide. Elsie Mo is my favourite but it's a golden ale and not suited for winter.

Drank Three Tuns (Bishops Castle) Old Scrooge porter which was pretty heavy at 6.5%, but retained a lot of that smoothness from their stout so I imagine it's made similarly. Struggled to taste the supposed gingerr notes, though.

Salopian Midnight Express stout tastes very confused. Floral like a golden ale, but heavy charcoal like a traditional stout. Trying to do too much.

KJS

Quote from: Milo on December 19, 2018, 10:06:53 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 16, 2018, 09:11:20 AM

Considered making a beer section too...

Castle Rock is the local brewery in Nottingham and does a few great bottles available nationwide. Elsie Mo is my favourite but it's a golden ale and not suited for winter.

Drank Three Tuns (Bishops Castle) Old Scrooge porter which was pretty heavy at 6.5%, but retained a lot of that smoothness from their stout so I imagine it's made similarly. Struggled to taste the supposed gingerr notes, though.

Salopian Midnight Express stout tastes very confused. Floral like a golden ale, but heavy charcoal like a traditional stout. Trying to do too much.

In that case I would go with a nice glass of Camden Pale or Boston Lager pre lunch  082.gif xmascheer1

davew

Quote from: Milo on December 15, 2018, 07:41:02 PM
If we are going to be bottom of something... I'd rather it was a bottle, Dave! Not the league..
LOL

Rambler

Winbirri Bacchus.
Made in norfolk and won a load of awards.
The English Sauvignon Blanc.

www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/wine/worlds-best-wine-1395-a-bottle-dry-white-norfolk/amp/