Main Menu

Emergency Centre Back

Started by The Swan, December 17, 2018, 09:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2018, 07:33:10 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 17, 2018, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
I think I have a better idea, why don't Fulham buy experienced Premier Division defenders, it could save us an awful lot of problems.
Like getting relegated by the end of February.
Well I guess we could do that, but they would probably be over the hill players that their current clubs don't want.

I am talking about players saving Fulhams neck from getting relegated. Who have the experience and desire to keep clean sheets and win important games. Not young players who are going to take years to settle before they win us the Premier League.
Horses for Courses, or didn't that occur to you, like it never occurs to the Chairmans son.
I don't care if they are surplus to their current clubs requirements. It's what is better and advantages to Fulhams immediate future, which is to survive this season.
If we can do that, then we take stock at the end of the campaign and regroup. Small steps, it's not rocket science, we need a certain kind of player with a certain kind of mentality and a certain kind of character, and there are players who fit that profile in the Premier League.
The big question is, will they want to join Fulham, I would not blame them if they turned us down.
We are not in a position to turn our noses up because some players do not fit the owners sons idea of computer football based on his ridiculous stats circus.
It's because of him and the players he bought, we are in this position in the first place, and in the second place, if we do not bring in the kind of players that will give us a fighting chance of staying up, then we will end up 20th.
All very true and fully accept that, so we bring in a couple of seasoned prem pros and they fail we will be blaming the Khans for doing it.
Those seasoned pros we want had to at some stage begin there premiership careers, like ours are doing now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ara's bacon crisps

With all the permutations we've tried at the back so far, I'm amazed that one of the managers hasn't tried KMac as sweeper, behind the back four and talking them into position at all times. Might not be able to get there quickly enough, but he definitely knows where he's meant to be, which puts him one up on the rest of the defence.

Failing that, we could try Chambers, KMac and a cardboard cutout of Terry Hurlock sitting right in front of the centre backs to protect our supersoft centre.

Matt10

Other than the second goal, what specifically was the issue with Mawson and Ream? I reviewed both players, and Mawson was the only one with the significant blunder where he let Chicarito behind him and got too narrow near Odoi. That's about it though. Not sure where Ream made any mistakes. Maybe he didn't need to try to defend Chicarito on the 2nd goal, and drop back anticipating the deflection?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on December 17, 2018, 09:09:50 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2018, 07:33:10 PM
Quote from: alfie on December 17, 2018, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 17, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
I think I have a better idea, why don't Fulham buy experienced Premier Division defenders, it could save us an awful lot of problems.
Like getting relegated by the end of February.
Well I guess we could do that, but they would probably be over the hill players that their current clubs don't want.

I am talking about players saving Fulhams neck from getting relegated. Who have the experience and desire to keep clean sheets and win important games. Not young players who are going to take years to settle before they win us the Premier League.
Horses for Courses, or didn't that occur to you, like it never occurs to the Chairmans son.
I don't care if they are surplus to their current clubs requirements. It's what is better and advantages to Fulhams immediate future, which is to survive this season.
If we can do that, then we take stock at the end of the campaign and regroup. Small steps, it's not rocket science, we need a certain kind of player with a certain kind of mentality and a certain kind of character, and there are players who fit that profile in the Premier League.
The big question is, will they want to join Fulham, I would not blame them if they turned us down.
We are not in a position to turn our noses up because some players do not fit the owners sons idea of computer football based on his ridiculous stats circus.
It's because of him and the players he bought, we are in this position in the first place, and in the second place, if we do not bring in the kind of players that will give us a fighting chance of staying up, then we will end up 20th.
All very true and fully accept that, so we bring in a couple of seasoned prem pros and they fail we will be blaming the Khans for doing it.
Those seasoned pros we want had to at some stage begin there premiership careers, like ours are doing now.

But currently it is survival that is top of the agenda in the next 4 months, and holding a young players hand while he develops, is not top of the priorities at the moment.
There is a time and a place.
Points on the board is all that matters, and a few clean sheets will not go amiss. That is where the players I am talking about come and earn their salaries. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodger53

We will probably get a 'carrying an injury' replacement just before the Brighton game knowing our recruitment record.