watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (19/12/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 19, 2018, 08:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Chelsea Linked With A Move For This Fulham Forward: The Right Choice For The Pensioners?

According to a recent report by the Sun, Chelsea are interested in securing the signature of Aleksandar Mitrovic from Fulham. The same report has also stated that the Serbian striker is currently unsettled at Craven Cottage following the departure of his former manager Slavisa Jokanovic with whom the striker had a great relationship with.

Mitrovic has been the shining light in Fulham's difficult return to life in the Premier League so far. The Cottagers need their star forward to be at his best with a potential relegation dogfight looming on the horizon.

On the other end, Chelsea are flying high in the league and are in a strong position to secure a top 4 place at the end of this campaign. However, Maurizio Sarri has had a lot of problems with his forwards this season as both Olivier Giroud and Alvara Morata are currently underperforming when given a chance to lead the line up top.

The Italian head coach has been forced to play Eden Hazard as a false-nine forward in recent weeks. So Sarri could benefit from having a player of Mitrovic's talents spearheading his attack at Stamford Bridge.

The Serbian forward can be a real handful for any defence in world football. He is dominant in the air and can also hold the ball up well using his strength and positioning. Mitrovic has managed to score a lot of goals for Fulham this season despite their recent struggles in the English top-flight so far.

His potential acquisition will undoubtedly bolster Sarri's offensive options at West London. However, one concern against such a move would be that Mitrovic has little to no experience of playing football at the highest level. The Chelsea boss is currently preparing a team who can challenge for some significant silverware in the coming years. However, the Serbian has still not proven his worth over a sustained period of time which means that it could be a big risk for Chelsea to sign him.

Moreover, the fact that he is currently unsettled due to a managerial change does raise question marks over his mentality and ability to cope with high-pressure situations. If the Blues of London are willing to take a chance on Mitrovic, then it might just be a gamble that pays off as he would clearly be an upgrade over both Morata and Giroud.

https://the4thofficial.net/2018/12/chelsea-linked-with-a-move-for-this-fulham-forward-the-right-choice-for-the-pensioners/

WhiteJC

Mason Holgate to leave Everton in January with Fulham interested

Everton to let Holgate leave on loan

Mason Holgate signed for Everton in August of 2015 from Barnsley for a fee of around £1.2 million.

Since joining Everton, Holgate has played 25 games for their under-23 side, in which he has scored three.

The 22-year-old has also made 48 appearances for Everton's first team, in which he has assisted one.

However, in the 2018/19 season, Holgate has had very few first-team opportunities.

The arrival of both Kurt Zouma and Yerry Mina at Goodison Park over the summer means Holgate has slipped down the Everton centre-back's pecking order.

The youngster has made just five Premier League appearances for Everton this campaign.

As a result, Sky Sports News are reporting that Everton are willing to let Holgate leave on loan in January.

Fulham need to improve their defence

According to the Mirror, Fulham, Derby County and Sheffield United are all interested in taking Holgate on loan.

But given Fulham are the only Premier League side said to be interested in Holgate, he will likely choose to move there.

This would be great for Fulham who seriously need to improve their defending if they wish to stay in the Premier League.

After 17 league games, Fulham currently sit 20th in the Premier League on just nine points.

Their biggest problem is they concede far too many goals.

In the league this season, Fulham have already let in a staggering 42 goals and have yet to keep a clean sheet.

Claudio Ranieri recently took over as Fulham boss and they have improved a bit, but their defensive displays are still worrying.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/mason-holgate-to-leave-everton-in-january-with-fulham-interested/

WhiteJC

Fulham beating Cardiff to snap up this £5m January deal would elevate their performances under Ranieri

Why Fulham should beat Cardiff to sign Jarrod Bowen in January

According to a report from the Sun, Fulham and Cardiff City are interested in a £5m January swoop for Hull City winger Jarrod Bowen.

The 21-year-old, who moved to the KCOM stadium from Hereford United four years ago, was Hull's supporters' and players' player of the year last term. The youngster has been involved in 9 goals in 21 games for Hull this season and his departure in January would be a big blow for Nigel Adkins' struggling side in the Championship.

With the winger available for just £5m, Fulham must beat Cardiff City to the player's signature next month.

Fulham made a bright start to life under Claudio Ranieri with a 3-2 win over Southampton but soon lost momentum with defeats at Chelsea and Manchester United.

Their latest defeat came at the hands of West Ham last weekend, which certainly would have given Ranieri an idea of how big a task he has on his shoulders at Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers sit at the bottom of the table and unless they produce a miracle, staying in the Premier League looks highly unlikely for them. Ranieri is likely to get financial backing from Fulham in the winter transfer window and the Italian tactician should prioritise strengthening his attack.

Fulham have struggled to score goals, with Aleksandar Mitrovic top scoring with only seven to his name. The likes of Andre Schurrle, Luciano Vietto and Aboubakar Kamara have failed to ease the burden on Mitrovic's shoulders as the Cottagers have managed just 16 goals so far in the Premier League. And to avoid the drop, they need a player who can make an immediate impact at the club.

Jarrod Bowen would be an ideal fit for a struggling Fulham side. Boasting plenty of pace, energy, trickery and an eye for goal, Bowen can beat defenders with ease and release an intelligent pass in the final third for his teammates.

A right winger by trade, he combines his low centre of gravity with a solid technique to bamboozle defenders before leaving them for dead with his sudden burst of acceleration.

The 21-year-old has a sweet left foot capable of producing moments of magic. Bowen is also a decent crosser of the ball and with his link-up play and vision, he can carve open defences. In other words, he can light up the scene with moments of sheer brilliance.

No doubt the former Hereford United man would improve Fulham's potency going forward, while he'll also provide cover and competition for Andre Schurrle.

Bowen is a sublime talent that is now ready for the step up from the Championship and Fulham can bag a massive coup by snapping him up in January.

https://soccersouls.com/2018/12/19/fulham-beating-cardiff-to-snap-up-this-5m-january-deal-would-elevate-their-performances-under-ranieri/

WhiteJC

Could Steven Sessegnon offer an intriguing alternative for the Fulham defence?

On Monday, Fulham youngster Steven Sessegnon signed a new long-term contract at the club, keeping the 18-year-old defender in SW6 until the end of the 2022 season.

After his recent contract extension, the promising defender could offer an intriguing alternative for the Fulham defence.

Equally adept at playing centre-half and right back, the twin brother of first-team star Ryan Sessegnon is still without a Premier League appearance.

Yet according to Sky Sports, in past weeks Steven Sessegnon has impressed Claudio Ranieri and could be in store for a league debut shortly.

(Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)
[/size][/i]

The right back position has been an area of substantial concern for the Whites this year, with Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Cyrus Christie, and Denis Odoi all utilised at times.

It appeared that Ranieri had settled with Christie as his first choice option, but despite impressive performances against Chelsea and Southampton, the Irishman has been demoted to the bench in favour of Odoi.

The Belgian defender is clearly better suited to a central defensive role, illustrated by his struggles against Manchester United and West Ham.

And given Ranieri's discontent with the defensive options available to him, Steven Sessegnon could be granted a chance to fill the right back role and build on his impressive League Cup and youth performances.

https://tbrfootball.com/could-steven-sessegnon-offer-an-intriguing-alternative-for-the-fulham-defence/

WhiteJC

Woodrow: "I've found my feet and got amongst the goals."

In-form striker Cauley Woodrow stated he's 'loving' being at Oakwell at the minute, as the Reds look to turn draws into wins over the festive period.

Last-time out, it was Woodrow's equaliser that secured a point against table-topping Portsmouth in a match that saw enough chances for Daniel Stendel's side to take all three.

"To be honest I think we should have won the game." Woodrow stated. "We came out with a draw after going one-nil down which was good, but we should have won. Overall, we showed our real quality, but it wasn't to be, we'll move on quickly and look to next week.

"The main point was that we were really disappointed to concede the goal after so many chances," he continued. "I had a couple that I could have done better with, but that's how it goes, it's football. Sometimes you're doing well but then you concede. We managed to get ourselves back into the game and come out with a draw which is a positive."

It's six goals in 10 appearances now after arriving at Oakwell from Premier League Fulham, and Cauley wants that run to extend in a squad that he believes is full of quality.

"I'm pleased to be getting goals." He said. "I knew if I was in a good position when it was crossed, I would fancy myself to score [against Portsmouth, at the weekend]. Thankfully it came in to me and I got my foot to it. We said in the dressing room that they are top of the league, they are flying, they've only lost two all season. I'm not disrespecting them [Portsmouth], but we battered them really, that shows our quality, if we keep that up we'll fly up the table."

Overall, since his move to the Reds, Woodrow is very open in admitting how much he is enjoying his football under Stendel's leadership. The striker has forged a deadly partnership with Kieffer Moore in the spearhead of the attack wants the pairing to keep up their form over the Christmas period.

"I'm loving it here, it's good to be playing regularly and I've settled in well after an injured start. I've found my feet and got amongst the goals, I hope the fans have taken to me, I've really liked playing here and I am enjoying it.

"He's [Kieffer Moore] a slightly different striker to me, he's a lot bigger and good in the air and looks to hold it up but we have found a way of working well together and both scoring goals, I hope that can continue."

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/woodrow-reaction/

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 19, 2018, 08:08:38 AM

Claudio Ranieri must bring Yaya Toure to Fulham in January

The Premier League is certainly very competitive so far this season and the league is anyone's guess as to who will get relegated this season.
However, one team which looks like they are going to go down is Fulham. The Cottagers are struggling for consistency and after losing against West Ham United last weekend in the League, they remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League standings.
Aside from Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has scored several goals so far this season, the other Fulham players have struggled to score goals on a regular basis and have only recorded 16 goals all season.
The Cottagers clearly need to bring in more talent in January if they want to avoid getting relegated. One man whom they should look into signing is former Manchester City star Yaya Toure. Toure left City at the end of last season and has since joined Greek club Olympiacos.
However, he has struggled to play regularly for the Greek giants and has so far started for the club just once in the League and once in the Europa League. Per Sky Sports, Toure has "mutually agreed" to terminate his contract at Olympiakos after making just five overall appearances for the club.
Despite being 35-years-old, Toure still has a burning desire to compete at the highest level and should be able to do a decent job in midfield for Claudio Ranieri's men.
Toure possesses great passing ability, ball-retention ability and is able to effortlessly get past some of the best defenders in the game.
He is one of the players whom Ranieri should consider bringing to Craven Cottage in January.

https://www.flaminghairdryer.com/2018/12/claudio-ranieri-must-bring-yaya-toure.html

100% agree with that
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alfie

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on December 19, 2018, 05:28:15 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on December 19, 2018, 08:08:38 AM

Claudio Ranieri must bring Yaya Toure to Fulham in January

The Premier League is certainly very competitive so far this season and the league is anyone's guess as to who will get relegated this season.
However, one team which looks like they are going to go down is Fulham. The Cottagers are struggling for consistency and after losing against West Ham United last weekend in the League, they remain rooted to the bottom of the Premier League standings.
Aside from Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has scored several goals so far this season, the other Fulham players have struggled to score goals on a regular basis and have only recorded 16 goals all season.
The Cottagers clearly need to bring in more talent in January if they want to avoid getting relegated. One man whom they should look into signing is former Manchester City star Yaya Toure. Toure left City at the end of last season and has since joined Greek club Olympiacos.
However, he has struggled to play regularly for the Greek giants and has so far started for the club just once in the League and once in the Europa League. Per Sky Sports, Toure has "mutually agreed" to terminate his contract at Olympiakos after making just five overall appearances for the club.
Despite being 35-years-old, Toure still has a burning desire to compete at the highest level and should be able to do a decent job in midfield for Claudio Ranieri's men.
Toure possesses great passing ability, ball-retention ability and is able to effortlessly get past some of the best defenders in the game.
He is one of the players whom Ranieri should consider bringing to Craven Cottage in January.

https://www.flaminghairdryer.com/2018/12/claudio-ranieri-must-bring-yaya-toure.html

100% agree with that
I sort of agree, he would give us force in midfield but, would he have the desired commitment
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't