watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5th round FA Cup replays scrapped from THIS season

Started by Lighthouse, December 18, 2018, 04:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

FA announce 5th round replays scrapped from this season so ties will be played to a finish on the day, with extra-time and penalties if necessary. Was due to start next season but brought forward a year.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Don't know why they just don't ditch it now. They have done their best to make it irrelevant, so just hammer the final nail in the coffin and let it rest in peace
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

I think our 12 match record run to the 1975 FA Cup final will stand forever and always now.

bog

The suits are getting their way. They want a European League for the big boys. No promotion or relegation just the big teams dazzling us with their talents. Well they can sod off and do this and we will have proper football back again. Let's be honest the Championship is a far more realistic league anyway. The FA Cup has become a nonentity now.  :031:

092.gif 

Dr Know

Quote from: filham on December 18, 2018, 05:02:43 PM
I think our 12 match record run to the 1975 FA Cup final will stand forever and always now.
I think it was 11 games to get to the final , the 12th game was the final itself .

davew

Quote from: bog on December 18, 2018, 05:03:30 PM
The suits are getting their way. They want a European League for the big boys. No promotion or relegation just the big teams dazzling us with their talents. Well they can sod off and do this and we will have proper football back again. Let's be honest the Championship is a far more realistic league anyway. The FA Cup has become a nonentity now.  :031:

092.gif 
All in favour of a European super league (sooner rather than later), will leave the Premier League to be more competitive and give more teams a chance, at the moment there is a chasm between the top 6 and the other teams.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

If all this comes about, the "major league" will eventually become the only one that matters. Even more money, media coverage and TV will flock to those elites and the rest of the teams will be pushed into more and more local irrelevancy. You'll end up like my country with two dozen or less teams that control all the money. Believe me, you won't like it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

bog

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 18, 2018, 05:47:04 PM
If all this comes about, the "major league" will eventually become the only one that matters. Even more money, media coverage and TV will flock to those elites and the rest of the teams will be pushed into more and more local irrelevancy. You'll end up like my country with two dozen or less teams that control all the money. Believe me, you won't like it.

You are on the right line. Well it wont matter to me, mind you those who are born into that on offer on TV will fall for the nonsense.

092.gif 

Burt

Quote from: Dr Know on December 18, 2018, 05:30:22 PM
I think it was 11 games to get to the final , the 12th game was the final itself .

Yes.

3 games v. in the 3rd round.
4 games v. Forest in the 4th round.
1 game v. Everton in the 5th. We won at Goodison!! Who would've believed it.
1 game v. Carlisle in the quarter-final.
2 games v. Brum in the semis.
Then the final.

Riversider

Genuinely think Oldham will beat us, but would it really be an upset ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on December 18, 2018, 11:53:32 PM
Genuinely think Oldham will beat us, but would it really be an upset ?

Only if we beat them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Hull-3, Forest-4, Everton-1, Carlisle-1, Birmingham-2, West Ham-1

Mince n Tatties

Bowed to the big boys again,I think it was Wenger who was the original instigator of the idea.
Poor overpaid boys having to play too many games,when they need to be smoking on some hash pipe in a club at 3 in the morning.
My heart bleeds for them.😭

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on December 18, 2018, 05:37:56 PM

092.gif 
All in favour of a European super league (sooner rather than later), will leave the Premier League to be more competitive and give more teams a chance, at the moment there is a chasm between the top 6 and the other teams.
Agree with you. Good riddance to them and their World Domination League or whatever.  It'll be a chance for the replacements to honour us with their presence in an all-competitive football league.

SG

Quote from: toshes mate on December 19, 2018, 10:47:19 AM
Quote from: davew on December 18, 2018, 05:37:56 PM

092.gif 
Agree with you. Good riddance to them and their World Domination League or whatever.  It'll be a chance for the replacements to honour us with their presence in an all-competitive football league.

i am with you on this. Let the top 16 in Europe have their league, with the top 4 English clubs, and leave the rest of us to play in a revised Premier Division/Championship that is competitive, unpredictable and not hyped up way beyond itself

ffcne

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 19, 2018, 05:04:00 AM
Hull-3, Forest-4, Everton-1, Carlisle-1, Birmingham-2, West Ham-1

Filbert St  neutral ground on a Monday night v Hull i was there.

filham

[/

You are right, thanks for the correction. Can you imagine a run like that today, the whole squad would be suffering from fatigue well before the Easter programme had started.