watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham, Channel 4, a drag queen, and gays in football

Started by Brawn, December 25, 2018, 12:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

I'm not sure why the club didn't promote this in any way, but it completely took me by surprise that Fulham just made an appearance on "The Courtney Act Show" (Channel 4) as drag queen Courtney Act went to Fulham FC and one of the local pubs (although I couldn't say which one) to survey supporters' opinions on whether they would accept a gay player at Fulham. The response was, strangely, an overwhelming yes.

I don't know why the club didn't promote this.

The segment starts at timestamp 30:54 - https://www.channel4.com/programmes/courtney-acts-christmas-extravaganza/on-demand/68037-001

DevonFFC

I know why, because I think most clubs fans  would vote the same as us when asked, it's only when the pack mentality and a few beers inside does the inner demon grow and they think it's ok to shout sexual/racist slurs towards players/fans.

The sooner fans like the dicks down the road realise that this behaviour is not alright the better.

keithh

Years ago a fan was shouting sexual/racist remarks in front of me & I asked him to stop. His reply is unprintable; my response was "you realise you're on telly". He stopped.

Woolly Mammoth

Merry Christmas to every Fulham Supporter 🎄👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Gay slurs should be treated the same as racial ones. Slagging someone for something that can't be helped is a childish method of bullying. Besides if he can finish or defend or better yet both, then lets have a rainbow Fulham flag! LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

hovewhite

I've never turned down a gig Djin ever gay, straight,colour every one deserves to be entertained wether pink pound note or not.
People are people and hate discrimination of any kind.
Merry Christmas ho ho ho!

Twig

Andy S

Surely the one thing we all forget is he would get no abuse as long as he played well. However like anyone else if he didn't give a 100% he would likely feel the wroth of the fans. Whatever people think it is being different which is the problem and that also means hub caps to Liverpudlians and even Tarquin and Cedric against us. It's time we left it all alone as it really is not that important

Brawn

Quote from: Twig on December 25, 2018, 10:44:06 PM
Why was it strange that the answer was yes?
The fact that one of our own fans sent me homophobic abuse on Twitter on the very same day this was broadcast (Christmas Eve), and the homophobia that came from our fans at the Amex in 16-17. As well as the usual Brighton-related comments ("does your boyfriend..." etc.), I was unlucky enough to be two rows behind a man who kept screaming, pardon his French, "LININGTON [sic], YOU GAY [redacted, 4-letter word beginning with C]" whenever the referee, which was incorrectly listed as James Linnington, gave something against Fulham. That's been burned into my mind, and I didn't dare tell him to shut up as he was much larger than me!