https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Message From The Chairman

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 23, 2018, 10:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Nausea?
Just stop at least for Christmas for God's sake
Get back to your cynical ways after January 1st and try to enjoy yourself in the meantime

FulhamStu

I tell you what, if I had spent the sort of money he has on our club and I got some of these messages I would think to myself, why the hell do i bother. 

We have some strange fans !   But I guess that's what makes the world go round eh.

Happy Christmas everyone incl our owner and son.

Forever Fulham

I think Claudio will get what he wants, without interference from son Tony, in the transfer window.  If that happens, I'll be over the moon.  Meanwhile, he's never shied away from opening his wallet, he doesn't have MAF's ego and need of approval/acceptance.  So what if he's not at more of the games.  He's talks straight, he hasn't fibbed or equivocated.  And he doesn't have to rob Peter to pay Paul.  No weird belief system.  No Michael Jackson statues.  Doesn't pick fights with former managers.  Has brought no embarrassment or shade to the club.  My take-away from his season's greeting is 'we'll right the ship' and 'Claudio will have what he wants".  Nothing else.  Been a hard year for him.  The Jacksonville Jaguars came within a play or two of making it to the NFL Super Bowl (the finals) last season.  But this season it's been loss after loss.  Key players injured.  A quarterback who underperformed.  The bully/swagger mentality of last year in the team nowhere to be seen this season.  Add to that Fulham's woes right after promotion.  In spite of all that, not hanging his head.  No moaning.  All upbeat and a proclamation of financial support--adequate financial support to get the manager what the manager thinks he  needs to thrive in the league.   What more could he say to make anyone any happier, reading a message from 'your Chairman'?

bobbo

The moaners on this thread deserve Mike Ashley.

A very nice touch from the big boss .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

@jolslover

Quote from: bobbo on December 23, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

Real. Lucky to have him.
STH H3

MJG

Quote from: @jolslover on December 23, 2018, 11:48:52 PM
Quote from: bobbo on December 23, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

Real. Lucky to have him.
Haters will hate. As someone says below some would prefer Ashley. Maybe some should start a crowdfund to see if they can raise the few hundred million it would take to buy him out?
Just the views of a long term fan

davew

Quote from: TerryR on December 23, 2018, 10:53:28 PM
Nausea?
Just stop at least for Christmas for God's sake
Get back to your cynical ways after January 1st and try to enjoy yourself in the meantime
lol, will try to do that, you too enjoy the festive break and maybe 6 points. After thought, I have never been called cynical before, but yes I suppose reading some of my postings you could form that judgement, no offence taken!  :merry christmas:
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

I think our owner is a very decent bloke. He strikes me as principled and genuine. He and his son may have made some mistakes but in my view we are lucky to have a man like Shad Khan who respects the heritage of FFC rather than many of the owners that have screwed up the clubs they have bought.

Statto

I have no strong views about this message. It's like a Christmas card - a cheap, easy, basic courtesy. Nothing special but certainly nothing to moan about.

The chairman generally has shown his heart is in the right place with investment in the training ground and promised (although still not delivered) for the Riverside stand. But equally, over 5 years I think it irrefutable that he lacks competence, and has refused to implement the most obvious solution to that problem, which would be delegating management of the club to someone with relevant knowledge and experience, rather than his son.

I'm also sceptical as to how much of the "£100m" spent this summer came from his pocket. He has no doubt put some money into the club over the last 5 years but the vast majority of our transfer spending, including this summer's, has still come from the club's revenues and player sale, not the chairman.

Also don't see the point in the Mike Ashley comments. For every chairman like Ashley that's worse than Khan, there are plenty that are better. It's like saying we cannot moan about Timothy Fosu-Mensah because somewhere out there, there is a right back that's even worse than TFM.

S.F.Sorrow

The most important qualities in an owner for me are:

1) Respect our heritage.
2) Provide the necessary funds.
3) Hire the best possible staff to run the club.

and my ratings so far would be:

1) Excellent!
2) Very good, considering FFP.
3)  :022: ???

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.