What's going on at the airports?

Started by BedsFFC, December 23, 2018, 07:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Climate change protesters?
Russians?
Kids?

SP

All seems very strange.  CSI Crawley aren't covering themselves in glory, arresting two locals because they like drones?

Woolly Mammoth

I heard a Librarian got kicked off one of the Aircraft because it was fully booked.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2018, 10:13:09 PM
I heard a Librarian got kicked off one of the Aircraft because it was fully booked.
They read him the riot act
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

I read somewhere that the security services believe that Al Qaeda are working on drones that will bring aircraft down so it's absolutely right to be cautious. That being the case, however, one wonders why preventative measures aren't properly in place at all airports.

What's most worrying is that they haven't come up with the correct perpetrators yet, although they're reported to have recovered a drone.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Luka

The technology to protect the airspace around the airports is available.
Doesn't matter what the cost, it needs to be in place and operational as of now.
The lives of a plane full of people are at some point going to be saved by that technology.
No price is to much.

alfie

Quote from: Holders on December 24, 2018, 12:12:40 PM
I read somewhere that the security services believe that Al Qaeda are working on drones that will bring aircraft down so it's absolutely right to be cautious. That being the case, however, one wonders why preventative measures aren't properly in place at all airports.

What's most worrying is that they haven't come up with the correct perpetrators yet, although they're reported to have recovered a drone.
Well unless the drone had someone's name on it, I guess I won't be that easy
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 23, 2018, 10:13:09 PM

It's all hush hush
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Holders

Quote from: Luka on December 24, 2018, 12:36:43 PM
The technology to protect the airspace around the airports is available.
Doesn't matter what the cost, it needs to be in place and operational as of now.
The lives of a plane full of people are at some point going to be saved by that technology.
No price is to much.

Quite agree - remember Lockerbie which isn't even a densely-populated area.

john dempsey

the guy they arrested work for double glazing company so headlines should be.
PANE MAN CAUSES PAIN FOR PEOPLE ON PLANE.

bog

Gatwick now announce that they have the technology at £5m in place to stop any such annoyances. Why was this not already in place?   :doh:

And the unfortunate bloke who was arrested had his boss ringing the police to say he had been working for him at that time but they ignored his calls   :doh:

092.gif

Holders

It's not just Gatwick though, it needs to be at all airports.

Statto

On the plus side, as far as I can tell, "airport chaos" was the biggest thing we had to worry about if/when we leave the EU without a deal in March. Well we've had that now and it was all fine after a couple of days so we can stop worrying now can't we.

Holders

Quote from: Statto on December 24, 2018, 02:34:29 PM
On the plus side, as far as I can tell, "airport chaos" was the biggest thing we had to worry about if/when we leave the EU without a deal in March. Well we've had that now and it was all fine after a couple of days so we can stop worrying now can't we.

LOL!

filham

There is now a suggestion that there may never have been a drone in the area, there is no video evidence available, just some reported sightings from some people. Could be too many people consuming too much duty free booze.

gezkc

Quote from: Statto on December 24, 2018, 02:34:29 PM

?!

davew

Been accused of moaning but never droning, the whole saga is sad for those affected in their travel arrangements! Hopefully the truth will be disclosed at some stage, the people affected deserve an explanation!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Merry Christmas to every Fulham Supporter 🎄⚽️🍺
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.