watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Greening

Started by Aldo, October 16, 2010, 06:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldo

After Danny's comments and the subsequent over reaction, I thought we were asking for trouble pairing those two great tacklers Greening and Murphy together in central midfield.

But credit where credit is due (and he doesn't get it very often), Greening played very well today, especially in the first half. His tackling was well timed and his passing was excellent!

Might make a decent footballer of him yet!

HatterDon

I'm pleased by this post, Mr. Aldo, but not the slightest bit surprised that I'm the only person who's taken the time to agree with you. Jesus was just alright with me today.  :045:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

His tackling was surprisingly well timed. Best I have ever seen from him. Not sure if I buy into all the hyperbola regarding his passing, but yes, this is about as good as I have seen him playing in a Fulham shirt.

And I still do not believe he will ever be a decent footballer, but everyone to his own.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BarryP

Murphy and Greening paired up well in the midfield.  I thought Fulham's level of play dropped after Murphy's departure.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Travers Barney

Was as good as anyone today in a white shirt was Jonners....but he should be at 5.2 mill!

We are the whites we are the whites we are we are we are the whites
We are the whites

wadey

i actually made greening my fulham m.o.t.m today...gotta admit i cringed when i saw his name in the line up....but fair play to jg...excellent performance

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

never been a fan,I just cannot get excited about anything he does,best I can say about him is he wasn't awful,but that's just about it,sorry :001:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on October 16, 2010, 07:52:42 PM
His tackling was surprisingly well timed. Best I have ever seen from him. Not sure if I buy into all the hyperbola regarding his passing, but yes, this is about as good as I have seen him playing in a Fulham shirt.

And I still do not believe he will ever be a decent footballer, but everyone to his own.

I really think Greening is a very good passer of the ball, he clearly showed that at West Brom. I think Roy's playing style didn't suite him that well and I think he can be a decent alternative in central midfield. He was totally ok today. Having said this, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Tom Huddlestone are not the worst central players in the Premiership.

Bottom line: He did good against a strong opposition and deserves another start against his former club.

Tonywa

Much to my surprise Greening had a really good game today in partnership with Danny Murphy.  It was when the latter went off that we really lost the plot today.

Tonywa

Just a thought.  I think Tottenham only paid about 1.5. miilion more for Van Der Vaart than we paid for Nancy Kamara.

Chopper

Greening's best match in a fulham shirt. I think he did exactly what he needed to do. Good simple passing, provided an out ball for Murphy and protection for the back four. Really good effort and my motm too. He even played a couple of forward passes!

We've got a long way to go to get the hang of Hughes style and I think we're going to see some surprising changes in personnel. Wouldn't be surprised if Jonno gets more of a look in under Sparky.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole