more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't Think We Can Do It.

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 26, 2018, 05:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Statto on December 26, 2018, 09:28:09 PM
It is definitely doable. I think we need some good home performances - we probably need to beat Huddersfield, definitely need to beat Cardiff, and could do with an upset against one of the big team visiting us.

In any case I reckon it will go down to the last few games and at that stage anything can happen. Last time we went down it was partly because Sunderland rose from the dead to win at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford in their last few matches. If Cardiff, Burnley or Huddersfield do something like that this year then we're just screwed, full stop.

or it could be us that go on that kind of run, you never know

Pieter A’dam

Its doable but by a small margin, we need 6 wins and 6 draws. Gets us to 35 points ... that means -must wins- against at least Huddersfield, Burnley and Cardiff. Then we have also Brighton, Everton and Newcastle at home. But not winning against Huddersfield will be bad start of the campaign. Actually if we get 3 points on Saturday and keep momentum going, i see us getting a point on New Year's Day .... but who can replace Chambers ?

Camel Club

There are maybe 6 teams who could end up in the bottom 3 come May (Ourselves,  Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Newcastle and Southampton). There may be one or two others who are currently in mid table who could implode but it's difficult to realistically make a case for them when the current bottom 6 appear to be in a league of their own.

I honestly think we can do enough over the remaining games to still be a Premier League club next season; especially if our business in the January window is concluded early enough. If we are fortunate enough to survive then I sincerely hope the mistakes made following our promotion are not repeated and that lessons will have truly been learned.

hovewhite

FOFers we are not down yet and believe in Claudio who is motivated a winner an Italian manager who is sorting it out.
He has now got a working 5 at the back,midfield work in progress,sess getting better and better and mitro playing and believing.
With our support for the players and Claudio together as one we can do it.
BELIEVE!
Do you lot BELIEVE???

Holders

Quote from: Taunton Blue Genie on December 26, 2018, 07:04:42 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 26, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
It might be interesting to hear what Huddersfield, Burnley and Cardiff fans think. I would think pretty much the same as us. A lot of doom and gloom. Newcastle looked terrible today and I still think that they will fighting for their lives as well as the Saints. We are off the bottom and will get 3 points on Saturda and then we are well back in it
Hi. I'm a Cardiff fan and we have Leicester away and Spurs at home in the next two games. Quite possibly zero points. And our team consists of extremely hard-working players with very limited abilities. We have no centre-forward to speak of and have played a full-back in that position for most of the season. I can't see how our players can continue putting is so much effort and without signing a centre-forward we can't expect to stay up. Everyone at Cardiff has an enormous respect for the effort our players have put in so far but I can't see how they can keep up such an enormous effort. The owner, someone that I despised when he changed the team's colours, decided at the beginning of the season that he was going to do everything on a shoestring after being so profligate last time out, and Warnock exceeded his remit of keeping us from relegation to League One by somehow getting us promoted. I get the feeling that our rivals at the foot of the table are all capable of suddenly picking up points and moving up the table but without new signings we are probably going to drop into the bottom three very soon. However, after our recent history, the fact that we exist as a team in blue is more important to many fans as opposed to having expectations of staying up. No-one, including ourselves, expected for us to have three teams below us at this stage of the season and it's been a good ride - even if it soon changes.

Thank you for that objective insight. Without wishing Cardiff ill, I do think that they'll be in the bottom three come the end of the year whether we are or not. And I take your point about the principle of the colour kit - although red was more Welsh wasn't it?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: hovewhite on December 27, 2018, 03:43:34 PM
FOFers we are not down yet and believe in Claudio who is motivated a winner an Italian manager who is sorting it out.
He has now got a working 5 at the back,midfield work in progress,sess getting better and better and mitro playing and believing.
With our support for the players and Claudio together as one we can do it.
BELIEVE!
Do you lot BELIEVE???

Yes, as I said in another thread we have to catch Cardiff and redress the goal difference, there's four teams in it as I see it and it's just down to finishing top of that little league, not some arbitrary points total. We did it last year didn't we?

WindyCity

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2018, 05:08:39 PM
Escape that is.
Regardless of who we sign 11points at the halfway stage is not good enough(I think we needed at least 17 at this stage).
I'm saying this because normally if I look at things pessimistically they turn out OK.
I live in hope..Coyw 049:gif

Sadly, I think you're right.  Late November I had talked with friends and said if FFC isn't out of bottom 3 by the end of December, they were going down.  And regardless of Hudd result, they'll still be in the r-zone.  I know many here holding out hope that the January window can make this team come good and survive, but I think these bandaid/quick fix scenarios rarely work out and certainly aren't sure things, even if the club is able to secure a couple of difference-makers.

Holders

Quote from: WindyCity on December 27, 2018, 04:12:29 PM
Escape that is.
Regardless of who we sign 11points at the halfway stage is not good enough(I think we needed at least 17 at this stage).
I'm saying this because normally if I look at things pessimistically they turn out OK.

Sadly, I think you're right.  Late November I had talked with friends and said if FFC isn't out of bottom 3 by the end of December, they were going down.  And regardless of Hudd result, they'll still be in the r-zone.  I know many here holding out hope that the January window can make this team come good and survive, but I think these bandaid/quick fix scenarios rarely work out and certainly aren't sure things, even if the club is able to secure a couple of difference-makers.

Roy did it though.

The Swan

January 2018 transfer window worked out very well for us. We got Mitro and Target. Both helped us get to the play off final and to win promotion.

Hopefully we can get a couple of players like those two.
The Swan

WindyCity

Quote from: The Swan on December 27, 2018, 04:48:38 PM
January 2018 transfer window worked out very well for us. We got Mitro and Target. Both helped us get to the play off final and to win promotion.

I'm "hoping" for the best too.....but past results with different players and coaches doesn't guarantee anything, and the Prem is much different than the Champ.  But you're absolutely right, last years' window did work out very well indeed.

Taunton Blue Genie

Quote from: Holders on December 27, 2018, 03:56:54 PM
Quote from: Taunton Blue Genie on December 26, 2018, 07:04:42 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 26, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
It might be interesting to hear what Huddersfield, Burnley and Cardiff fans think. I would think pretty much the same as us. A lot of doom and gloom. Newcastle looked terrible today and I still think that they will fighting for their lives as well as the Saints. We are off the bottom and will get 3 points on Saturda and then we are well back in it
Hi. I'm a Cardiff fan and we have Leicester away and Spurs at home in the next two games. Quite possibly zero points. And our team consists of extremely hard-working players with very limited abilities. We have no centre-forward to speak of and have played a full-back in that position for most of the season. I can't see how our players can continue putting is so much effort and without signing a centre-forward we can't expect to stay up. Everyone at Cardiff has an enormous respect for the effort our players have put in so far but I can't see how they can keep up such an enormous effort. The owner, someone that I despised when he changed the team's colours, decided at the beginning of the season that he was going to do everything on a shoestring after being so profligate last time out, and Warnock exceeded his remit of keeping us from relegation to League One by somehow getting us promoted. I get the feeling that our rivals at the foot of the table are all capable of suddenly picking up points and moving up the table but without new signings we are probably going to drop into the bottom three very soon. However, after our recent history, the fact that we exist as a team in blue is more important to many fans as opposed to having expectations of staying up. No-one, including ourselves, expected for us to have three teams below us at this stage of the season and it's been a good ride - even if it soon changes.

Thank you for that objective insight. Without wishing Cardiff ill, I do think that they'll be in the bottom three come the end of the year whether we are or not. And I take your point about the principle of the colour kit - although red was more Welsh wasn't it?
Is that you, Vincent Tan?  :010:

Statto

Quote from: The Swan on December 27, 2018, 04:48:38 PM

But hopefully a bit earlier in the window this time

alfie

Escape that is.

Until and if we cannot get the required points to stay up, we are still in the premiership, personally I prefer to think we will survive STILL BELIEVE
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Quote from: alfie on December 27, 2018, 09:19:43 PM
Escape that is.

Until and if we cannot get the required points to stay up, we are still in the premiership, personally I prefer to think we will survive STILL BELIEVE

God bless you, my son......

jarv

Dont ignore the other teams struggling. There is  quite a lot of rubbish down there. Still include Palace, Newcastle and Southampton as potential. Along with the obvious candidates. They are all one or two injuries to key players away from disaster. Hope we can make it but a piece of me did not want us to win at Wembley. 

WindyCity

Quote from: jarv on December 28, 2018, 04:06:12 PM
Dont ignore the other teams struggling. There is  quite a lot of rubbish down there. Still include Palace, Newcastle and Southampton as potential. Along with the obvious candidates. They are all one or two injuries to key players away from disaster. Hope we can make it but a piece of me did not want us to win at Wembley.

Speaking of key players and disaster, what of Mitrovic?  He goes down.  He goes down for time off on his next yellow.  I know everyone is barking for defensive help, and that should be a priority, I agree, but secondarily another striker might be a good addition for FFC.  This club is just as susceptible, maybe even more so, to a key player/disaster as any of the other struggling teams.

S.F.Sorrow

[/quote]
None of our fans seemed to have received a copy of 'Great Expectations' for Christmas!
[/quote]

We should give the players a copy of 'Escape to victory' instead. Maybe they could pick up a thing or two. The real footballers in that film would have beaten both our teams combined.