News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Salah dives but FA find a way of not punishing him.

Started by Lighthouse, December 27, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I can just imagine if Kamara did this there would be punishment and recriminations galore.

BBC - Liverpool's Mohamed Salah will face no action from the Football Association over the incident which led to his penalty against Newcastle at Anfield.

The Egypt forward, 26, went down after minimal contact from Magpies defender Paul Dummett.

Salah converted from the spot in a 4-0 win, a result which put the Premier League leaders six points clear.

As there was contact between the players, it did not meet the FA's threshold for a disciplinary charge.

Salah could have faced a two-match ban, which would have seen him miss key league games against Arsenal and Manchester City.

A rule was introduced for the 2017-18 season designed to punish players for simulation that leads to a penalty or an opponent being sent off
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Old Count

Liverpool have got away with blue murder this season. Not just against us but seemingly every match.  It's almost as if there's a conspiricy to have them win the League this season.

bog

Compare our 'offside goal' at Anfield milli-metres at fault so disallowed and Salah's to weeks later the same at Bournemouth but given. I wonder why that is?

092.gif   

Bill2

There is no doubt the referees are treating Liverpool with special consideration. That is why Gomez got away with a blatant yellow card tackle and the linesman gave that goal offside when we played them.

Watford_fc

Some Liverpool fans were trying to say "well he gets hacked down so often and stays up usually" - doesn't that make yesterday even worse then?

Salah didn't fancy trying to stay up this time...and took the easy option.

He was never going to get banned when they have 2 big games coming up...

Had it been us and you guys he might have been...

Arthur

The Newcastle defender deliberately tugged Salah's arm; that's contrary to the laws of the game. Moreover, the difference between this offence and a player who fouls his opponent in the process of tackling him is the certainty of the intent: Dummet cannot claim in the slightest that he was trying to win the ball; it is 100% clear that he was seeking to gain an unfair advantage - even if that advantage was as minimal as a momentary break in the flow of Salah's run.

As for the likelihood of Kamara being subject to a punishment in the same circumstances: recent evidence indicates not. Kamara fell theatrically in the penalty area without any contact at all (from the goalkeeper). (In the game against Bournemouth, was it?) I may need to be corrected but I am not aware that he was given a retrospective suspension.

The Swan

Arthur.
             You are right about Kamara dive against the Bournemouth keeper.
Also having been booked for his dive, later in the game he kicked the ball away which he could have got his second yellow card and been sent off. We were already down to ten men due to McDonald been sent off.
The Swan

Wingnut

Quote from: The Old Count on December 27, 2018, 12:38:32 PM
Liverpool have got away with blue murder this season. Not just against us but seemingly every match.  It's almost as if there's a conspiricy to have them win the League this season.

Coupled with the absurd amount of luck they've been on the receiving of, eg the goal v Everton, Sturridge's one in a million goal against Chelsea, Man City's penalty miss, you'd have to say that their name is on the trophy. I just can't see anyone stopping them, baring injuries to Salah & VVD. Not a hope in hell that they'll be on the receiving end of any dodgy refereeing decisions this season and if they are, they'll be paid back handsomely. The media are all over them also. Between Ole at United at Liverpool, you'd swear there was nobody else in the league.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Arthur on December 27, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
The Newcastle defender deliberately tugged Salah's arm; that's contrary to the laws of the game. Moreover, the difference between this offence and a player who fouls his opponent in the process of tackling him is the certainty of the intent: Dummet cannot claim in the slightest that he was trying to win the ball; it is 100% clear that he was seeking to gain an unfair advantage - even if that advantage was as minimal as a momentary break in the flow of Salah's run.

As for the likelihood of Kamara being subject to a punishment in the same circumstances: recent evidence indicates not. Kamara fell theatrically in the penalty area without any contact at all (from the goalkeeper). (In the game against Bournemouth, was it?) I may need to be corrected but I am not aware that he was given a retrospective suspension.

Fair point and a Newcastle attacker would have done the same but I thought it was still rather soft the way he went down even if it was a penalty by the laws of the game.

I understand a player can only be punished if a penalty IS given - your guy wasn't awarded one I don't think?

Mind you the retrospective action has only come into play twice since becoming an option - once for Nisse of Everton and a Carlisle player last season who actually got up and tried to play on!

nose returns

Wow!
Breaking news.
Big team in red have cheating b******s in their team, exposed for every child in the country to see and they get away with it.
Corruption of the highest order in full view.
If it was us two match ban for sure.... this just proves no moral fabric whatsoever.
Shane on the brow envelope suits at the head of football.

davew

Quote from: nose on December 27, 2018, 09:54:37 PM
Wow!
Breaking news.
Big team in red have cheating b******s in their team, exposed for every child in the country to see and they get away with it.
If it was us two match ban for sure.... this just proves no moral fabric whatsoever.
Bet they are all looking red faced!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose returns

Quote from: davew on December 27, 2018, 10:03:36 PM
Quote from: nose on December 27, 2018, 09:54:37 PM
Wow!
Breaking news.
Bet they are all looking red faced!

Very witty monsieur. But i do not think they have shame. They are a special breed that think liverpool arsenal and man utd...plus spurs, are above anyrules that the rest play by.   These four have more irregularities in their favour than.... a member of parliments expenses.....

S.F.Sorrow

Kamara was booked for diving so he couldn't be suspended. That's the rules. Retrospective suspensions can only be given if the ref missed the incident.

nose returns

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on December 27, 2018, 10:20:14 PM

Kamara was booked for diving so he couldn't be suspended. That's the rules. Retrospective suspensions can only be given if the ref missed the incident.

ad that is a stupid rule. if the ref made an obvious error of judgment, why not change or resind the punishment as appropriate. football seems to be the only walk of life where you can prove an error but allow the victim to win and the oppressed to lose.

Watford_fc

Or if a penalty is given but as proven the FA clearly don't bother with that really.

Another campaign brought up but then forgotten about.

Mainly because they have no control over the Premier league and their clubs.

DevonFFC

Classic Liverpool and the FA, if something had gone the old victims would have l come out the wood work.

The golden child playing in the FA golden team, I hope that they do not win the league, life as we know it will not be worth living, Liverpool fans are the worst

Arthur

Thank you for reminding me of this, which renders my evidence from the Bournemouth game worthless.

It is still the case, nonetheless, that Dummet's tug on Salah's arm was 100% cheating. Unlike contact between players when a tackle is made, there can be no possibility that the Newcastle player was trying to stop his opponent within the laws of the game. He absolutely wasn't. Those who argue that Salah should be punished more than Dummet have an odd grasp of what justice means.