News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can you buy your place in The Premier League ?

Started by Riversider, December 28, 2018, 02:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

If we just look at our mini league of 4 (Cardiff,Burnley, Huddersfield and us) can we use our vastly superior financial clout to buy our Premier League security,
I'm not taking it to the extreme and suggesting buying a dozen Barcelona players, I'm talking about targets that are rumoured to be available 
So for example , Danny Rose (Tottenham) Pablo Zabaleta (West Ham) Gary Cahill (Chelsea) Danny Drinkwater (Chelsea) Victor Moses (Chelsea)
That would give us a starting eleven of
Rico,
Zabaleta,
Rose,
Cahill,
Mawson
Drinkwater,
Chambers,
Seri,
Sessegnon,
Mitrovic,
Moses,
Drinkwater would be on loan, the rest we would have to buy, because of their contract situations none would cost a fortune though their wage demands would be eye watering,
But then again the millions for staying up would cover that,
That starting eleven for me, is a far superior side to that offered by our 3 rivals,
So would it be a gamble worth taking ?
Should we be cautious or should we throw the dice ?

bill taylors apprentice

How much in transfer fees would that 5 cost us do you think?

I assume each of the 5 would be on £100,000+ a week?

RaySmith

But you have the problem of integrating them all into a team again, with no time.

Two or three of these players would be good, I think, at the moment, though we also need more good players in the squad for depth - look at the depth of quality players  Wolves have- the subs they can bring on.

davew

We don't need a dozen Barcelona players, I would be more than happy with 5!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Riversider

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 28, 2018, 02:41:17 PM
How much in transfer fees would that 5 cost us do you think?

I assume each of the 5 would be on £100,000+ a week?

Zabaleta,  Rose and Cahill are coming to the end of their contract (as far as I'm aware) so as I said previously the transfer fees wouldn't be big,
And yes, as I said, wages would be huge, but the reward is even bigger.

Riversider

Quote from: RaySmith on December 28, 2018, 02:42:12 PM
But you have the problem of integrating them all into a team again, with no time.

Two or three of these players would be good, I think, at the moment, though we also need more good players in the squad for depth - look at the depth of quality players  Wolves have- the subs they can bring on.

Players of that calibre would need next to no time to integrate, as seen previously with Targett and Mitrovic.

filham

We are not that good at buying players, our summer spending spree is proof of this. However we have to put our trust in Ranieri and hope he can bring in a couple of players that will give us an advantage over our poorer relegation rivals.

Please don't let those involved in the summer purchases have any influence on the January buys.

St Eve

How much do we get if we stay up? I think that answer will answer your question. To further enforce other than losing revenue what happens if we go sown? Sess and Mitro come to mind.

Whitesideup

Quote from: St Eve on December 28, 2018, 06:10:14 PM
How much do we get if we stay up? I think that answer will answer your question. To further enforce other than losing revenue what happens if we go sown? Sess and Mitro come to mind.
Both Sess and Mitro would get us substantial transfer income.

davew

Quote from: Whitesideup on December 28, 2018, 09:58:20 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 28, 2018, 06:10:14 PM
Both Sess and Mitro would get us substantial transfer income.
Agreed and what a formidable attacking force we would be left with, nobody! We have to try and stay up otherwise I fear that it will be a long time before we revisit the PL again.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 28, 2018, 02:42:12 PM

Agree, but I reckon Cahill, Drinkwater, Moses and Rose would have little trouble in settling and interegating, they are all very familiar and experienced with the Premier League Culture and know our players like Mawson, Chambers, Mitro, Schurrle, and Scott Parker and Claudio Ranieri would be very familiar to them.
I would also add Nathanial Clyne to our Wanted list of players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

We don't need a new Starting XI, we need a new bench. We need bench players the quality of Betts, Christie, Odoi, Bryan, Chambers, Cairney, Schullre and a Striker to stay up. Bench players must also be able to play in the starting XI from time to time too.

We need to face statistical facts, our first half results would give us 17 points, which is enough to be outside the relegation zone. Fulham need to improve their second half performances with a better bench and by using less half fit players returning from injury.

Riversider

Are you kidding ?
The problem is our starting eleven not our bench.
Jeez 😣

toshes mate

Solving the problem of making a team tick over so sweetly you really know the power it will produce at full throttle way before you ask it to do so, is often as simple as cleaning up or replacing one or two components.  A whole brand new engine is just as likely to be as rogue as the last one was.  The key is about understanding where the main weakness is, and why that may be exposing other weaknesses when the whole is under stress.  It's also a question of what you want the engine to do.  Is it a go anywhere work horse, or a racer?  Such matters are critical to success.

Since May last I don't believe the Club has thought enough about these critical matters, a negligence on the part of people with significant influence on the decisions which are made once you have determined what the engine is going to be expected to do.   Last season it was promotion by default; but what of this season?  We are half way through and the choice of engine purpose is out of our hands.  It has to be a go anywhere workhorse.  It should also now be apparent that that was what was needed from the start.  I'd say one key purchase backed up by one or two supporting players, all of whom can go straight into the team as starters or subs, will make all the difference to what happens from now on.  Ranieri must know already which component needs replacing now.

Robbie

When did anyone who is any good move in January?

Name a struggling team that bought its way out of trouble?  (in the Jan window)

We have the players ... it is time and points we don't have.