watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Changes for the Arsenal match?

Started by davew, December 29, 2018, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Based on recent dubious team selections lately, CR will probably rest or drop our best 3 or 4 players against Arsenal! Happy to see Sess brought on, how can Vietto be chosen ahead of him and plenty of other questions (saved until later)? Not at all happy with the way CR is managing or perhaps mismanaging our team, Cardiff winning might make him think a bit more, I am not impressed with him so far and forget the fact that he has accumulated more points per game than Joka! A very fortunate 3 points and please let's have a plan on who is the designated penalty taker, what a shambles that was!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FulhamKC

I would like to see us start the Arsenal game with the same players (except start Schurrle on the right and bring AK on in second half and Mawson for MLM would be OK) playing in the same positions as we ended today's game.

Woolly Mammoth

It was all a bit of a pantomime today, thank goodness for Mitro, and Sess, they won it for us today.
I do not know why Vietto was selected ahead of Sess, that is madness. We cannot have another a first half like we had today. Cairney has to be in the middle.
But grateful for the win, any win, and we have only conceded one goal in three games.
CR better get his starting line up right for New Years Day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

<<forget the fact that he has accumulated more points per game than Joka>>

I think you have unconsciously recognised the problem. You are more concerned with vindicating Jokanovic than you are with looking objectively at what is happening now.

<<please let's have a plan on who is the designated penalty taker>>

Ranieri said that Mitrovic is the designated penalty taker, and from his comments to  BBC and Sky, his anger towards Kamara is palpable. I would not be surprised to see the latter fined.

davew

Quote from: Plodder on December 29, 2018, 05:40:26 PM
<<forget the fact that he has accumulated more points per game than Joka>>

I think you have unconsciously recognised the problem. You are more concerned with vindicating Jokanovic than you are with looking objectively at what is happening now.

<<please let's have a plan on who is the designated penalty taker>>

Ranieri said that Mitrovic is the designated penalty taker, and from his comments to  BBC and Sky, his anger towards Kamara is palpable. I would not be surprised to see the latter fined.
As usual we will agree to disagree, why am I vindicating Joka, he is not my hero! If there was a plan on who the designated penalty taker was or should be, it wasn't very apparent was it! I thought there would be a further 3 minutes of additional time to make up for the time it took for the penalty to be taken, or do you think it should be 4 (only joking...lighten up), New Year is almost here!! How would reprimanding AK help our team, out of all of our players he does show the most desire and effort if not skill!

WokingFFC

Chambers cannot play against his parent club can he? So Anguissa, KMac or Cisse in that position I would say

davew

Quote from: WokingFFC on December 29, 2018, 05:54:51 PM
Chambers cannot play against his parent club can he? So Anguissa, KMac or Cisse in that position I would say
God help us!!!

Twig

For me the second half showed the way forward;

1. Drop Seri to the bench and play TC in the midfield role he is far more influential and makes the midfield tick in a way that Seri simply fails to do.
2. Sess has to start as one of our two wide players.
3. AK has a heavy touch and lacks a few brain cells. Ayite should be the other wide player (he also offers a bit more cover defensively).
4. Back 5 leave as is (assuming Mawson is recovered).
5. As Chambers can't play then for one match only give Cisse a run in that position.

Wingnut

I'd play the same team with KMac for Chambers. We've a cup game after that, a rest period for the first XI. Arsenal are struggling at the back due to injuries and haven't fired on all cylinders at home, so we might get a point if we play our strongest XI. I fear that they'll get hammered tonight at Liverpool and we'll be on the receiving end of the backlash though.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

davew

I will throw another spanner into the works (no need for a separate thread), I thought MLM played well and deserves a pick!