watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Forgive Kamara

Started by Lyle from Hangeland, December 29, 2018, 07:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

It's very distasteful hearing all the hatred towards Kamara. I just don't get it. People kick out in the heat of the moment , people say things they shouldn't in the heat of the moment. Kamara won the penalty, technically, just as he did versus United, and went to take the penalty, just as he did versus United.
The fact he took it shows taking responsibility, as well as not forgetting he won and took the pen against United. Schurrle was the penalty taker that day as he went to go take the ball off Mitro.

It's obvious what happened at old Trafford had no repercussions as if punished, he wouldn't do it again. Ranieris comments of hes never seen it happen before/ let the club down are a bit weak when it's happened a few weeks before.

He's a strong minded individual and obviously it needs managed, the fact he thought he could do it shows there are bigger problems there.

clarkey

I really do not understand the criticism of Cairney. He intervened strongly, pointed AK towards the bench and made his point forcibly.

The only thing more he could do was when AK put the ball down to take the kick, he could have lifted it up and walked over to Mitro with it. But such was Ak's in discipline he looked like he would escalate it and start fighting his team mates. He needs disciplining: quick, hard and made an example.

Meanwhile could Vietto have been any worse ?

Holders

Quote from: clarkey on December 30, 2018, 02:28:50 PM
I really do not understand the criticism of Cairney. He intervened strongly, pointed AK towards the bench and made his point forcibly.

The only thing more he could do was when AK put the ball down to take the kick, he could have lifted it up and walked over to Mitro with it. But such was Ak's in discipline he looked like he would escalate it and start fighting his team mates. He needs disciplining: quick, hard and made an example.

To have intervened in that way would have escalated the situation from bad to far worse. He and Mitro were right to walk away having made their points.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

_Putney_

Quote from: Newry FFC on December 30, 2018, 01:46:44 PM
Ranieris comments of hes never seen it happen before/ let the club down are a bit weak when it's happened a few weeks before.

Agree, he talked about the 'fans coming together' and the Kamara having a duty to respect the team, then he should be pulling the team together and respecting Kamara as an individual and not publicly shame him like he did.  Deal with it behind the scenes.

Neil D

Quote from: _Putney_ on December 30, 2018, 02:39:31 PM

Agree, he talked about the 'fans coming together' and the Kamara having a duty to respect the team, then he should be pulling the team together and respecting Kamara as an individual and not publicly shame him like he did.  Deal with it behind the scenes.
I think Ranieri was right to lambast Kamara publicly.  He was angry and we and the team needed to know he was angry.  This isn't a behind closed doors job.  I think Kamara will be fined a couple of weeks' wages.  I don't expect him to start against Arsenal - but only because we will just have Mitro up front.  He may even feature as a sub.  The simple truth is we can't afford to dispense with him, given our parlous state of affairs.  Ranieri will make a statement to the effect that the matter has been resolved, Kamara has been fined and has apologised for his conduct (even if he hasn't).  Then we move on.

BestOfBrede

Didn't Keri Frei do something similar and that was the end of him?
Hopefully though we can all get over this with an Abou apology and move on.

ron

Quote from: _Putney_ on December 30, 2018, 11:45:06 AM
Anyone who thinks this is unforgivable has never played football before...this type of thing happens and yes, we should forgive him, and get on with it. Poor guy will regret for many years to come, let him grow from it.  Turn it into a positive. COYW

...or at least until next pay day and he realises he hasn't had money docked.....then he won't give it another thought...

Fulham 442

No one was going to stop AK. Not TC, not CR, not Bruce Lee, not Godzilla. 

Deal with it people. I get the feeling CR will.

I have read this whole thread and this comes closest to my feelings!

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2018, 10:58:19 AM
He must have the Brains of a Rocking Horse if he cannot see the error of his ways.

Well, Rocking Horses have learned to go forward and come back appropriately...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ron on December 30, 2018, 05:39:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2018, 10:58:19 AM
He must have the Brains of a Rocking Horse if he cannot see the error of his ways.

Well, Rocking Horses have learned to go forward and come back appropriately...

My Rocking Horse is dangerous at both ends, and uncomfortable in the middle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

7787fulham

I think he could be forgiven by fans if a statement was released saying it had been dealt with internally and he realises his actions weren't for the best of the team and in future he will listen to his manager and Captain.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: 7787fulham on December 30, 2018, 05:52:14 PM
I think he could be forgiven by fans if a statement was released saying it had been dealt with internally and he realises his actions weren't for the best of the team and in future he will listen to his manager and Captain.

That's fine, but will he, and does he agree. I reckon the statement would have to come from him, as I don't think he would be sincere, unless Claudio has charmed him enough to see sense.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Newry there no such thing as " winning " a penalty , it's either given because it clear and blatant or players cheat to get it. Just my view and it's a dreadful terminology started by the pundits .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Holders on December 30, 2018, 02:31:29 PM
Quote from: clarkey on December 30, 2018, 02:28:50 PM

:plus one:

He handled it like most level headed team captains would have handled it, regardless of the cries of  "Roy Keane would have kick Kamara's arse and taken the ball for him...THAT's what a good team captain does".

Tom Cairney handled it correctly.

On topic...yesterday I said I would have booed Kamara.

Today...after listening to a lot of people...I think that would have been just as poor on my part as a new Fulham fan to react that way.

I forgive Kamara for being stupid, but he definitely needs to be repremanded.

Something isn't quite right with him as a professional footballer though.    From the obvious flopping, to disrespect...to hot headed ness...

I forgive him...but I hope he's replaced next season for the same type of player.   Fast, strong...but smarter as a footballer.