watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't lose hope.

Started by AnOldBrownie, January 01, 2019, 06:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Bad loss today, but most teams we're in a relegation battle with will lose this round too.

Blatantly obvious that Calum Chamber's work rate and defensive ability were missed today.  Also didn't help that we started both Odoi and Ream in a back 3.   Only one of them should ever be on the pitch at one time...and I'm leaning towards Odoi.

Already forgot about this loss.

Come on Fulham!!!

fulhamben

Yep thought we played quite well today. Taking cisse and Christie off was a bit of a miff. We lost all composure at the back after that. And this arsenal team score a lot of goals, and their front 3 is frightening. But we did hold our own, and with some better finishing from mitro and sess, it could have and should have been a lot closer
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2019, 06:10:15 PM
Yep thought we played quite well today. Taking cisse and Christie off was a bit of a miff. We lost all composure at the back after that. And this arsenal team score a lot of goals, and their front 3 is frightening. But we did hold our own, and with some better finishing from mitro and sess, it could have and should have been a lot closer
I can agree with that, replacing a poor player (Christie) with a worse player didn't make a lot of sense, I suppose I will read on here that the change was to rest Christie (lol), I won't start bring back Fred's as I don't think in the PL he would have been good enough, but on the other hand he can't be worse than the main 2 we have! Perhaps time for Steve Sess to be brought in, good experience for next season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ffc73

That was harsh. 1-4 was not a fair reflection of the game but life is not fair.

Exposed at both ends. Failing to take chances that they would have scored & being punished for our own defensive errors

I thought that was our best performance under CR. Try to figure that out.

Key now is how we perform at Burnley.

filham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 01, 2019, 06:06:34 PM
Bad loss today, but most teams we're in a relegation battle with will lose this round too.

Blatantly obvious that Calum Chamber's work rate and defensive ability were missed today.  Also didn't help that we started both Odoi and Ream in a back 3.   Only one of them should ever be on the pitch at one time...and I'm leaning towards Odoi.

Already forgot about this loss.

Come on Fulham!!!
Don't start thinking about the Burnley game yet, we are all aware of our dreadful record at Turfmoor.

Perhaps it is best to think of a clean Sheet and a couple of Goals against Oldham in the Cup on Sunday.

nose returns

losing 2 0 to liverpool was a very unlucky result. we played really well and missed a couple of brilliant chances and in reality went ahead but tfor cheating officials (they would have allowed it at the other end we all know that much) their first goal was a travesty of a refereeing decision.... but it was a turning point because we would have built from their, it was obvious we had a formation and line up that looked right, chamber in CDM was key.

however we will not know how leaving well alone, the correct decision would have panned out and now have IMO, gone certainly not forward winning only two games against burnley and southampton and losing the rest in style save for a a lucky draw against lleicester and wolves (they dominated most of both games) and a dull draw against a very poor newcastle.

we need new players not a new manager. we need a new recuritment policy and thinking this is a broken record, unfortunately all I can do is repeat the blindingly obvious until the owner wakes up and smells the coffee. I love mr khan for his commottement but he needs to learn lessons that are obvious to the rest of us. we need a keegan figure in charge, not his son or or the current lame duck CEO.

Milo

Think Steve Sess should be loaned out to a Championship club in Jan to prep for worst case scenario next season.

I read that Fulham loans to lower leagues is all done at executive level though... so perhaps Ranieri doesn't get much input.

Woolly Mammoth

I am not losing hope, after all at 2 1 we were well in it and over the 90 mins, especially as we had key players missing in important positions.
But what it did confirm is where our weaknesses lie, and they have to be addressed ASAP, certainly before our next League game, which is basically a six pointer on a ground that generally is not a happy hunting ground for us. But we can soon change that with three or four decent recruits from the Premier League.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 02, 2019, 02:06:40 AM
I am not losing hope, after all at 2 1 we were well in it and over the 90 mins, especially as we had key players missing in important positions.
But what it did confirm is where our weaknesses lie, and they have to be addressed ASAP, certainly before our next League game, which is basically a six pointer on a ground that generally is not a happy hunting ground for us. But we can soon change that with three or four decent recruits from the Premier League.

we lost 4 1 and were carved open by schoolboy errors when arsenal needed to up the tempo.
one of the gols fosu and serri just stood and watched the arsenal player cross the ball one TC let him run by another...etc etc, they were all occasions when we just allowed them to score with nowhere near an effort to make life difficult, it was genuinly pathetic. for a while it looked like we might be competing but in truth we were not. the second time in a row a big team has knocked in four against our 'improving' defence. our right side was targeted endlessly and arsenal simply exploited it whenever they wanted to.

I am very disapointed in this season and the unnecesary rerunning of past mistakes from the owners. i really thought they had learned, but they haven't. even the change of manager was wrong, wrong man, wrong timng and if we do not get some new players quickly we will be in the bottom thiord of the championship next season. we know where our weaknesses are, we knew that after the palace game and we saw the poor choice of new aquisitions. we needn't have changed the manager if the owners think the squad is OK. Is it true TK is in the states doing wrestling rather thasn here getting a new squad? If so we are really in bigger trouble than even I thought. I haven't given up hope but my head says relegation for sure, my heart says there are more games to come.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on January 02, 2019, 10:33:27 AM

we lost 4 1 and were carved open by schoolboy errors when arsenal needed to up the tempo.
one of the gols fosu and serri just stood and watched the arsenal player cross the ball one TC let him run by another...etc etc, they were all occasions when we just allowed them to score with nowhere near an effort to make life difficult, it was genuinly pathetic. for a while it looked like we might be competing but in truth we were not. the second time in a row a big team has knocked in four against our 'improving' defence. our right side was targeted endlessly and arsenal simply exploited it whenever they wanted to.

I am very disapointed in this season and the unnecesary rerunning of past mistakes from the owners. i really thought they had learned, but they haven't. even the change of manager was wrong, wrong man, wrong timng and if we do not get some new players quickly we will be in the bottom thiord of the championship next season. we know where our weaknesses are, we knew that after the palace game and we saw the poor choice of new aquisitions. we needn't have changed the manager if the owners think the squad is OK. Is it true TK is in the states doing wrestling rather thasn here getting a new squad? If so we are really in bigger trouble than even I thought. I haven't given up hope but my head says relegation for sure, my heart says there are more games to come.

I cannot disagree with you nose on most of your observations.
Although v Arsenal I thought the final score flattered them. We have played a lot worse and won. Nevertheless, it did not disguise the fact that we make far too many unforced and forced errors for comfort, at both ends of the pitch, and I shan't mention the deficiencies in the middle either.
However, it was under the circumstances a better overal performance considering who we were playing and who we had missing.
But as we stand now in the 2nd day of the new year, we cannot ignore that we are in a spot of bother, and we are only as strong as our weakest link which is the owners son.
So the bottom line is as we all know, that we need 3 or 4 new players minimum by yesterday.
Because if we go into the Burnley match without any additional players, I will genuinely fear for our membership of this Division.
Also what concerns me, assuming that the recruitment unit are not still on holiday, and not carrying out their usual performance of sleep walking through the transfer window.
Is the quality of player, and what experience they have of the Premier League, and these players if they get round to signing anyone, is their ability in fighting for survival in this Division, and would they fancy it.
Most of Supporters, if not all of them, will know where we need to strengthen but do our crack recruitment unit, assuming of course the owners son is in England with his finger on the pulse.
Time will tell of course, but time is precious and we are running out of it quicker than we can afford.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

If we look purely at FFC, not the match or the opponents, and it was a pre-season friendly then there is merit in finding things the side did well.  But none of that applies.  This squad has now been together for over half a season and we have yet to see a game when ninety minutes goes by and you can say 'they played really well for the whole match'.  As nose has said finding real problems is what football management is all about, not finding easy targets and scapegoats to protect the names and images of those who are apparently just too big (or important) to fail. 

IMO this team hasn't yet got what it takes to perform the task of holding its own in the PL.  Arsenal, on another day, could have doubled their score.  We counter with we could have had four goals ourselves.  There are finer things to contemplate if you seriously want to improve matters, as has been indicated by the manager, defensively when players contnually go AWOL without change. And when substitutes appear far too often they are even worse.  We are not playing basic defensive football any better now than we were back in August after having spent circa £100m on building a team fit for purpose, a team that has struggled with the same issues cropping up time and time again and too often leading to goals scored against us - forty seven so far and counting with much less than half of that number going in at the other end for us.  They are the crucial stats. 

People can allow themselves to be misdirected if they wish to, but you will not find me trying to make something out of nothing.  We are in deep trouble and we need a remedy fast.  We need a football brain in charge of the whole operation aside from finance.  It may not save this season but it may just stop us repeating the same mistakes like a badly programmed robot. 

nose returns

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 02, 2019, 11:29:48 AM

Although v Arsenal I thought the final score flattered them. We have played a lot worse and won. Nevertheless, it did not disguise the fact that we make far too many unforced and forced errors for comfort, at both ends of the pitch, and I shan't mention the deficiencies in the middle either.
However, it was under the circumstances a better overal performance considering who we were playing and who we had missing.
But as we stand now in the 2nd day of the new year, we cannot ignore that we are in a spot of bother, and we are only as strong as our weakest link which is the owners son.
So the bottom line is as we all know, that we need 3 or 4 new players minimum by yesterday.
Because if we go into the Burnley match without any additional players, I will genuinely fear for our membership of this Division.
Also what concerns me, assuming that the recruitment unit are not still on holiday, and not carrying out their usual performance of sleep walking through the transfer window.
Is the quality of player, and what experience they have of the Premier League, and these players if they get round to signing anyone, is their ability in fighting for survival in this Division, and would they fancy it.
Most of Supporters, if not all of them, will know where we need to strengthen but do our crack recruitment unit, assuming of course the owners son is in England with his finger on the pulse.
Time will tell of course, but time is precious and we are running out of it quicker than we can afford.

The final score did flatter them but in the end I think they were always able to up their game.

I was confident after we lost 2 0 at liverpool, since them I have thought we are certain to go down. The onlyb thing that will change my mind is an intelligent transfer window.

PS Happy New year

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on January 02, 2019, 12:25:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 02, 2019, 11:29:48 AM

The final score did flatter them but in the end I think they were always able to up their game.

I was confident after we lost 2 0 at liverpool, since them I have thought we are certain to go down. The onlyb thing that will change my mind is an intelligent transfer window.

PS Happy New year

A Happy New Year to you to Nose.

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

I never lose hope, but this is Fulham. Spanked 4-1 by a terrible manu team before M was sacked and spanked 4-1 by a very poor Arsenal team which was there for the taking. Onward and upward. Oldham soon.

Berserker

I'm hanging my hope on a few key players coming in at the transfer window

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

By the way when are the Crystal Palace tickets going on sale

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.