watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it just me

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 01, 2019, 11:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

that thought we looked better than ok today (apart from the scoreline, that flattered arsenal), I'm thinking our manager is making a difference - I'm sure he's got ideas who we need in the transfer window....maybe Okazaki....maybe Drinkwater....maybe Cahill or possibly people that are unknown.....but, so far a definite improvement

Woolly Mammoth

Yes the score did flatter Arsenal and did not tell the true story.
To a certain extent a manager is only as good as the players he has at his disposal.
So far none of them are his players, but he has an opportunity this month to recommend the players he desperately needs to turn our defeats into victories.
However, our Achilles Heal is the owners son and his keystone recruitment department. TKs appointment was the biggest error of judgement since the Charge of the Light Brigade.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

I thought we looked excellent in the 1st half, our best in a while, and a bit of capitulation in the 2nd. That being said, 3 of Arsenal's 4 goals were nonsense, either poor defending or poo deflections. 2nd half we were close to scoring numerous times.

The scoreline truly flattered Arsenal, and I hope the lads know that and take it Burnley.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly, we went toe to toe with an Arsenal team that some Supporters had forecast that we had little or no chance, and would lose by 3 or 4 goals. Then when we did which was a harsh scoreline, it was all doom and gloom. But I did not see it that way, not in the overall picture.
We were always going to have a tough afternoon, but Arsenal can consider themselves most fortunate with the scoreline.
Of course it does not conceal the fact that we need surgery on our defence and in other positions ASAP now that the Window is open, and the manager must be backed with an open cheque book by the owner if we are to survive.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

First time at the Emirates- I used to go to Highbury, back when Billy Wright was manage! and I was impressed. Had a great view, as part of the Fulham faithful.

And was really proud of the lads' performance. When we scored, we really looked in with a chance to get something from the game

Disappointed at the end, rather than gutted - a terrific Fulham display, aginst top qulity oopostion, with some familiar defensivep lapses, but we looked quality ourselves.

If we can survive, i feel we can rebuild in the summer, and  be a decent Prem team under CR.

HamsterWheel

I was quite heartened to see the spirit in the team.
Our fans won the battle at least, though not hard when the Emirates was a quarter empty (59,887 official figure is a joke as ever).
Really missed Chambers in midfield, Cairney kept coming back to pick up the ball and isn't as effective when he's forced to do that.
Ref fell for a lot of the Arsenal diving - that Guendouzi a total cheat. Someone even managed to pretend they'd been poleaxed by Sessegnon - who's tackle was a feather tickle.
Good to see a great reception for the forgiven AK47 from the fans. Which he duly rewarded.

nose returns

we lost 4 1 to a top sidfe for the second time.
our defence was shambolic
we did compete, sort of, but 4 1 and the manner of the goals was extremely troubling for a team that is rumoured to have had its defence improved!

Neil D

We did look decent - especially in the absence of Mawson and Chambers.  My concern is that we seem incapable of bringing off a 'surprise' result against a more fancied team, even a point.  Cardiff at Leicester, Soton win at home against Arsenal and draw with Man Ure, Palace away to City, Huddersfield away at Wolves.  All we manage is the occasional win against fellow-dross and then abject surrender against the rest.  It won't be enough.

filham

Quote from: Neil D on January 02, 2019, 10:35:47 AM
We did look decent - especially in the absence of Mawson and Chambers.  My concern is that we seem incapable of bringing off a 'surprise' result against a more fancied team, even a point.  Cardiff at Leicester, Soton win at home against Arsenal and draw with Man Ure, Palace away to City, Huddersfield away at Wolves.  All we manage is the occasional win against fellow-dross and then abject surrender against the rest.  It won't be enough.
Put Mawson and Chambers back in the team, add a new right back and a really experienced centre half and the there could be hope.

jarv

Not just you. I have watched almost every game. Played well in many games (Chelsea second half for example) deserved more in many games but defend like schoolboys. I coach a high school team here in usa, they look more organised, seriously. Every game there are moments of good play and hope, only to be left disappointed.

The problem was known last season, despite a great season, let in far too many goals. Mawson was injured when we signed him, Chambers was an excellent loan but he has been out injured too. Personally I thought they would fix the problem but only if they are on the pitch (at the same time).

It is what it his, lets hope.....30 points may be enough????

Robbie

Just seen highlights ..  they got two very lucky goals - Ramsay - the ball could have come  off the post and gone anywhere ... the deflection off Tim Ream was cruel.

BUT ..  we  need to put  our  chances  away ....  Sess's  air kick was very poor

DevonFFC

Quote from: Robbie on January 02, 2019, 02:46:34 PM
Just seen highlights ..  they got two very lucky goals - Ramsay - the ball could have come  off the post and gone anywhere ... the deflection off Tim Ream was cruel.

BUT ..  we  need to put  our  chances  away ....  Sess's  air kick was very poor

The Ramsey goal shows exactly what TC should be doing down the opposite end in trying to get in the box for loose balls and also not tracking his man back to clear that rebound.