watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never mind missing Zamora,I think we are missing McGod

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, October 16, 2010, 10:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I've been thinking and that's never a good start to a thread. We need a striker and I really mean a player that will strike,not over play the ball,not put in one pass too many, so then, are we missing a McGod? I don't think we ever replaced him as a striker and that should be job number 1 come Jan.
Wot say you all?

nevzter

Good question - Zamora carried his boots last season, but the fearless, 'lead with your head' striker he isn't.  To that end, he's yet to be replaced.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Jimpav

He should be back for West Brom, if not Wigan.

I think Aj's critics will be eating their words when he returns.

Lighthouse

We have never come close to playing a striker since McBride left. BZ is not a scorer but improved last season and is missed for his strength. Kamara is a finisher of sublime confidence a quarter of the time. But he misses too many easy chances all the other times. Without BZ I can only hope AJ will shine. However we just haven't been able to buy a forward who is worthy of the name since McBride.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SmithyFFC

FTID

CorkCity

I dont think we found a decent replacement since Frank Large
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Lighthouse

Quote from: CorkCity on October 17, 2010, 12:24:31 PM
I dont think we found a decent replacement since Frank Large

A great George Best type player wasn't he? It was cruel that we never saw Large and Brian Dear in the same team.

On second thoughts I feel that todays players aren't so bad after all.

Whoops we did see them play in the same team. We were 2-0 and the scorers were Large and Dear at half time.  We lost 3-2.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WHITEwitch

I hear McGod is retiring.

I hope they get him back over so we can let him hear how much we miss him.

I always have my favourites in the squad, sometimes logical like Boa,  and sometimes not (Leggy) but no-one ever replaced McGod in my heart.

The Rock

I think it's a bit comparing apples to oranges. Different players have different strengths. Its sound what we are all thinking is someone naturally all around prolific and versatile.