watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (18/10/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 18, 2010, 07:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/west-bromwich-albion/6452222/Odemwingie-battling-to-make-Fulham-clash?

Odemwingie battling to make Fulham clash

West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie is facing a race to be fit for Saturday's Premier League clash with Fulham at The Hawthorns.

The Nigerian, who has netted three goals following his summer move from Lokomotiv Moscow, missed Saturday's 2-2 draw against Manchester United with a knee injury.

Baggies boss Roberto Di Matteo told the club's official website: "I don't know how Peter is at the moment. We hope he will be back against Fulham but he's had the weekend off.

"We will have a better idea once we've seen how he's reacted to treatment."

Hazey

That was the first thought I had when I saw the ball dropping to pretty much the same spot as the red nut from Manchester's cracker on MOTD.

Quote from: White wizard on October 18, 2010, 11:31:07 AM
Regardless of the rights or wrongs, this is the second occasion this season where the ball has fallen to an unmarked player 30yds out, who has scored with an albeit well struck but speculative shot. Lessons to be learned? We cannot legislate for weak / bad / (dare I say corrupt) refereeing, but we can pick up players who are known to be happy to have a shot from distance. 
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/10/18/aaron-lennon-admits-tottenham-s-winner-at-fulham-should-ve-been-chalked-off-64767-27495185/?

Aaron Lennon admits Tottenham's winner at Fulham should've been chalked off

THE controversy surrounding Tottenham's winner at Fulham on Saturday has continued after Aaron Lennon admitted the goal shouldn't have stood.

Tom Huddlestone's hotly-disputed second-half strike was flagged offside by the linesman, only for referee Mike Dean to overrule his assistant as he deemed William Gallas was not interfering with play.

But wing-wizard Lennon told the Fulham players it should've been chalked off.

Midfielder Jonathan Greening revealed: "Most of the Tottenham players were laughing and saying 'if they give this now it's going to be a bit of a joke'.

"For one he was in an offside position and interfering with play. The linesman gave offside and I don't know why the ref tried to get involved really.

"Aaron Lennon admitted it was definitely offside, so I don't know what the referee saw."

Greening, who made his first start of the season in the 2-1 reverse, added: "It was an even game. We got a good goal and then were a bit sloppy to let them back into it straight away.

"They've come out strong in the second-half, but at the end of the day, the referee's decision has killed us."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/10/18/aaron-lennon-admits-tottenham-s-winner-at-fulham-should-ve-been-chalked-off-64767-27495185/?#ixzz12iXXEbaw

Lighthouse

Fulham midfielder Jonathan Greening says even Tottenham players couldn't believe referee Mike Dean's decision to allow Tom Huddlestone 's winner to stand on Saturday.

Dean overruled his assistant, who had raised his flag with William Gallas standing in an offside position in front of Mark Schwarzer when Huddlestone's shot came in during the match at Craven Cottage.

"Most of the Tottenham players were laughing and saying 'if they give this now it's going to be a bit of a joke'," Greening told the Fulham Chronicle.

"For one he was in an offside position and interfering with play. The linesman gave offside and I don't know why the ref tried to get involved really.

"Aaron Lennon admitted it was definitely offside, so I don't know what the referee saw."

"It was an even game. We got a good goal and then were a bit sloppy to let them back into it straight away.

"They've come out strong in the second half, but at the end of the day, the referee's decision has killed us."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope