watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time For Cairney To Move On?

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 07, 2019, 08:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Reading this thread I am beginning to agree that we may have had the best of Cairney and that with Seri in the team and a big money offer in the air we may be wise to let him move on.

But just wait a minute, who would we replace him with, you can almost be certain we would buy players well below Cairney's standard, I can never recall us selling a top player and then replacing them with someone of equal or better standard.

Best keep Cairney and rotate him and substitute him with Seri.

DevonFFC

Quote from: filham on January 07, 2019, 05:32:11 PM
Reading this thread I am beginning to agree that we may have had the best of Cairney and that with Seri in the team and a big money offer in the air we may be wise to let him move on.

But just wait a minute, who would we replace him with, you can almost be certain we would buy players well below Cairney's standard, I can never recall us selling a top player and then replacing them with someone of equal or better standard.

Best keep Cairney and rotate him and substitute him with Seri.

We don't want to replace him with a like for like as we need the hypothetical replacement to be able to play in the two man midfield

FulhamStu

I would sell Tom for £25M and buy Freeman from QPR for £10M.  Tom has been brilliant for us but is stale and needs a new challenge.  We need more energy, more fight and more leadership.  Spend the £15M on a leader in the centre of defence that will play next to Mawson in the Championship if that where we end up.  He have players like del la Torre and ORiley who we can also groom to play the advanced attacking midfield.  Seri is not like Tom, he is more box to box, covers more ground and will get better.   

win-dup

So, according to the above, West Ham and Everton are interested in TC and 25 million is the figure being ''bandied about''
Assuming that these clubs are not run, like us, by the imbecile sons of the owners, but by people who know what they are doing, what are they seeing in Tom that all his detractors on here are not?
As for keeping the useless Seri instead of TC - pass the straitjacket matron.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: win-dup on January 07, 2019, 06:45:10 PM
So, according to the above, West Ham and Everton are interested in TC and 25 million is the figure being ''bandied about''
Assuming that these clubs are not run, like us, by the imbecile sons of the owners, but by people who know what they are doing, what are they seeing in Tom that all his detractors on here are not?

Your forgetting one thing,Tom might want to go.

Nero

Quote from: win-dup on January 07, 2019, 06:45:10 PM

Know what they're doing Spam have got Fredericks and Wiltshire