watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Timothy Fosuh-mensah

Started by Riversider, January 09, 2019, 04:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Day 9 of the transfer window and he's still contracted to Fulham, seems returning him to United isn't quite as simple and straight forward as some on here expected or indeed as Fulham Football Club expected,
Need to come up with a solution soon with United or we are going to be at a stalemate with bringing either Cahill or Drinkwater in on loan.

FFC1987

Could just be a matter of Utd finding a suitor on same/better terms than current loan deal to be fair. Sure theres a lot of suitors in the championship.

JoelH5

It's probably more the fact of not cancelling his loan until we have definitely got a replacement.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Nero

It may be a bit extreme, but Cluadios Italian, Im sure he has connection, he could make him disappear

MikeW

We are talking Fulham here.  Hence the snail's pace on all matters to do with transfers ....
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

f321ffc

Quote from: Nero on January 09, 2019, 04:07:49 PM
It may be a bit extreme, but Cluadios Italian, Im sure he has connection, he could make him disappear
When I've seen him play he does a bloody good job of dissapearing.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Matt10

If we send him back, Man United also have to figure out what to do with him. I don't thin it's as easy as sending him without them knowing their own squad situation. Look at how quickly Lewis Baker was recalled to Chelsea, and right away sent on his way to Reading.

FFC1987

Quote from: Matt10 on January 09, 2019, 04:26:41 PM
If we send him back, Man United also have to figure out what to do with him. I don't thin it's as easy as sending him without them knowing their own squad situation. Look at how quickly Lewis Baker was recalled to Chelsea, and right away sent on his way to Reading.

Yep. This. Also, if they can't find a suitor, he'll just stay to avoid them footing his entire wage bill.....

Riversider

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 09, 2019, 04:32:07 PM

Yep. This. Also, if they can't find a suitor, he'll just stay to avoid them footing his entire wage bill.....

But thats the point of my post, some on here thought it was up to us whether he went back or not.

JoelH5

Quote from: Riversider on January 09, 2019, 04:49:27 PM

But thats the point of my post, some on here thought it was up to us whether he went back or not.

How do we know it isn't? Why would we send him back until we have a replacement? As yet, we don't.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Rational Fan

We have no restriction on the number of players we can loan, the only restriction is the number of loan players we registered for Premier League. If Man Utd doesn't take him back, then he can play under 21s or find a league one team to pay a little of the loan. Fulham likes doing Business on the last day of the transfer window, hopefully this year they buy early and sell late. Fix TFM on the 31 Jan.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 09, 2019, 10:37:15 PM

How do we know it isn't? Why would we send him back until we have a replacement? As yet, we don't.
Loan agreements are each unique. Standard terms are that they must be season long or to the next window. TFM's was all all season. All season deals may have a recall opportunity, it may be requires mutual agreement, it may not have recall option. After all if he was playing great for us we would not want Manure coming in and taking him back when we want him, hence it usually hav=s to have both parties agree and if they say no, not until we find another place for him, after all he is with us as they want him to play every week, then we wait until that happens.
As was mentioned on this week's excellent Flum Focus Podcast I think the club might be waiting until seeing how we do against Burnley, if we lose badly I think we will batten down the hatches and prepare for Championship return and the transfers will reflect that and TFM may end up staying.
Quark, strangeness and charm

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 09, 2019, 04:04:55 PM
It's probably more the fact of not cancelling his loan until we have definitely got a replacement.

A replacement for what/who ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 09, 2019, 11:00:37 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 09, 2019, 10:37:15 PM

Loan agreements are each unique. Standard terms are that they must be season long or to the next window. TFM's was all all season. All season deals may have a recall opportunity, it may be requires mutual agreement, it may not have recall option. After all if he was playing great for us we would not want Manure coming in and taking him back when we want him, hence it usually hav=s to have both parties agree and if they say no, not until we find another place for him, after all he is with us as they want him to play every week, then we wait until that happens.
As was mentioned on this week's excellent Flum Focus Podcast I think the club might be waiting until seeing how we do against Burnley, if we lose badly I think we will batten down the hatches and prepare for Championship return and the transfers will reflect that and TFM may end up staying.

I think that will be  terrible - we're still in with a good chance of staying up, even if we lose to Burnley, and transfers should be  bought with the  assumption of them keeping us up.

To  surrender now to relegation at this stage of the season is disgusting, I think, and I would lose the respect I have for our owners if they did that. But I don't think they will.

I think that transfers take time with everything involved, especially getting decent players to come to Fulham right now, and sorting out existing loans, etc.

FFCAli

In The Times today there's a piece headed "Fosu-Mensah seeks move" on the basis that he wants to play and clearly isn't going to do so at Fulham.  I hope he gets his wish.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCAli on January 10, 2019, 10:11:01 AM
In The Times today there's a piece headed "Fosu-Mensah seeks move" on the basis that he wants to play and clearly isn't going to do so at Fulham.  I hope he gets his wish.
if he wants to play, then he needs to drop down a league or two.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2019, 10:29:51 AM
Quote from: FFCAli on January 10, 2019, 10:11:01 AM
if he wants to play, then he needs to drop down a league or two.
he's been a liability in games he's played for us!

Berserker

It made a big difference when he came on during the arsenal game, and not in a good way

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.