more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan has signed someone

Started by dgnffc, January 09, 2019, 07:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc_SW6

Milo

Seriously though, being President of a new wrestling organisation will take up loads of valuable transfer time.. won't it?

JoelH5

Quote from: Milo on January 09, 2019, 08:25:09 AM
Seriously though, being President of a new wrestling organisation will take up loads of valuable transfer time.. won't it?

Doesn't matter mate. There's more important stuff for him to do now
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

To be honest, what role would he play in transfers?
I'm assuming we have a scouting team which he would oversee with meetings. I'm assuming Ali Mac would sanction deals along with whoever physically negotiates the deal. I'm also assuming he has a meeting with the coaching set up to see what Claudio and co need.

What else does he do other than say for example set the budget and agree on targets produced by the scouting team?

I'm sure the majority of his role in transfers can be done by phone, email, Skype? He plays a vital role yes but does he need to physically be in London on a 9-5 job to do it?

RP24

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 09, 2019, 08:58:50 AM
I'm assuming we have a scouting team which he would oversee with meetings. I'm assuming Ali Mac would sanction deals along with whoever physically negotiates the deal. I'm also assuming he has a meeting with the coaching set up to see what Claudio and co need.

What else does he do other than say for example set the budget and agree on targets produced by the scouting team?

I'm sure the majority of his role in transfers can be done by phone, email, Skype? He plays a vital role yes but does he need to physically be in London on a 9-5 job to do it?

Agree entirely with this, do people thing that Mo sat in motspur all day dealing with transfers? Of course not, they will set the parameters and leave it up to people.

JoelH5

Well Tony himself said he's been at Motspur for days working hard on stuff so he must be walking around the canteen a lot then! ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on January 09, 2019, 09:18:59 AM

Agree entirely with this, do people thing that Mo sat in motspur all day dealing with transfers? Of course not, they will set the parameters and leave it up to people.

I would agree if we were talking about Khan Sr. But TK is not our owner. He is appointed to be in charge of player recruitment.

But it looks like TK is moving into showbiz instead.

Milo

It's a bit like being president of a university society while studying for finals.

toshes mate

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 09, 2019, 09:51:55 AM

I would agree if we were talking about Khan Sr. But TK is not our owner. He is appointed to be in charge of player recruitment.

Agree wih you, S F Sorrow, and it is not as if TK's recruitment crew is operating, or has ever operated, at maximum efficiency save for one window where one incoming was not even down to recruitment at all.

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on January 09, 2019, 10:27:40 AM

Agree wih you, S F Sorrow, and it is not as if TK's recruitment crew is operating, or has ever operated, at maximum efficiency save for one window where one incoming was not even down to recruitment at all.

Just out of interest, how do you measure efficiency in this case? I assume that you know what the recruitment team is doing on a daily basis, since you are surely not only basing this on the perceived outcome. I mean, hindsight is good and all, but surely it doesn't have to be an efficiency problem just because we sign the wrong players or even that we sign them late. I mean, it could be, but it could also be a lot of other factors.

alfie

When it comes down to it we are all Fulham supporters and only want what is best for the club.
Sometimes I feel that we get things into our heads and sticks there (me included). A lot of comments are based on what has happened before, and make the assumption that it will be the same again. I am sure the "management" are fully aware of the supporters views on recruitment, and I would hope that they have taken on board various suggestions and complaints, and try to do the right thing, the only trouble is what's right for one supporter is not right for another. It's like with team selection, we have 20 supporters come on here with their selections , and they can be all different, but we all feel we are right, so when the manager selects his team he is on a no win basis.
Same with recruitment, how many players have we said we should get, and again we are all right.

We are in this mess, we can pull out of it if we get it right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

EastEndWhite

Can anyone explain why describes himself as 'owner' (amongst other things) on his twitter account?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyKhan?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Milo

I think he likes to feel important. Thing is, surely he must know self deprecation is important socially to survive?

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 09, 2019, 11:13:39 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 09, 2019, 10:27:40 AM

Just out of interest, how do you measure efficiency in this case? I assume that you know what the recruitment team is doing on a daily basis, since you are surely not only basing this on the perceived outcome. I mean, hindsight is good and all, but surely it doesn't have to be an efficiency problem just because we sign the wrong players or even that we sign them late. I mean, it could be, but it could also be a lot of other factors.
I can see your point and I agree. If Tony Khan can show he and his colleagues have put very, very little effort into our recruitment, then we'd have to say the poor outcomes it has achieved are, actually, a reasonable return for that level of effort and therefore the process is quite "efficient"

Woolly Mammoth

More like from a circus into a pantomime.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on January 09, 2019, 12:14:17 PM
I think he likes to feel important. Thing is, surely he must know self deprecation is important socially to survive?

The Ego has landed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Forever Fulham

this is ridiculous.  Is this real?  Oh, my God.