Main Menu

Could today be the day?

Started by JoelH5, January 09, 2019, 09:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 10, 2019, 11:12:32 AM
we'll sign someone "tomorrow"...

... if it ever comes  :dft011:
There was always that sign in pubs saying "FREE BEER HERE TOMORROW" maybe they have a sign stuck to the gates at Motspur Park "PLAYER SIGNING HERE TOMORROW"!

The Rational Fan

"The Khans" will spend the absolute maximum allowed for 2019 under FFP Rules. TK is just calculating whether to spend everything now and risk double relegation if we go down, cause i he doesn't know what he'll get selling the big players.

The results of Burnley, Tottenham and Brighton will be so critical, if we lose all three i reckon we should only buy players that can win the Championships.

The funny thing about FFP Rules is if players like Mawson and Anguissa will be worth money at the end of the season, we can buy Cahill and Drinkwater. If Mawson and Anguissa are worthless, we have to amotirise them and then there is no money to spend.

nose returns

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 11, 2019, 05:37:25 AM
"The Khans" will spend the absolute maximum allowed for 2019 under FFP Rules. TK is just calculating whether to spend everything now and risk double relegation if we go down, cause i he doesn't know what he'll get selling the big players.

The results of Burnley, Tottenham and Brighton will be so critical, if we lose all three i reckon we should only buy players that can win the Championships.

The funny thing about FFP Rules is if players like Mawson and Anguissa will be worth money at the end of the season, we can buy Cahill and Drinkwater. If Mawson and Anguissa are worthless, we have to amotirise them and then there is no money to spend.

I am not quite sure that is what I would do. what makes best long term sense is to survive and to do that we need top players. the gamble is we may be left with the wrong players if we fail but deal with that if it happens. The Khan's foolish purchasing leading to the unfiortunate sacking of the previous manager got us into this. They brought in and aged manager that said he knew what to do and the squad was good enough and the purchasing policy acceptable, even though everyuone knows all those things were incorrect, so he is another big error especially now that he has publicly stated the squad isn't good enough actually meaning he has poor judgement, as some of us already knew.

I suspect the new manager will overlook that the second half V huddersfield when we looked pretty good when TC played his proper position alongside chambers and that is the best we have like it or not, and that is what we should do tomorrow and leave the very poor seri at home. I know that has drifted from the point but every time I get started I just get so frustrated at how this season should have and could have been similar to wolves, but TK just does not want to listen to experienced people and prefers to do the wrong thing.

alfie

Quote from: nose on January 11, 2019, 10:02:47 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 11, 2019, 05:37:25 AM

I am not quite sure that is what I would do. what makes best long term sense is to survive and to do that we need top players. the gamble is we may be left with the wrong players if we fail but deal with that if it happens. The Khan's foolish purchasing leading to the unfiortunate sacking of the previous manager got us into this. They brought in and aged manager that said he knew what to do and the squad was good enough and the purchasing policy acceptable, even though everyuone knows all those things were incorrect, so he is another big error especially now that he has publicly stated the squad isn't good enough actually meaning he has poor judgement, as some of us already knew.

I suspect the new manager will overlook that the second half V huddersfield when we looked pretty good when TC played his proper position alongside chambers and that is the best we have like it or not, and that is what we should do tomorrow and leave the very poor seri at home. I know that has drifted from the point but every time I get started I just get so frustrated at how this season should have and could have been similar to wolves, but TK just does not want to listen to experienced people and prefers to do the wrong thing.
This is all interesting, but maybe he has listened and learn't from previous errors, now trying to get the players that we need, I don't know, but he must be aware of all the issues and comments raised by concerned parties, well I would like to think he has.
Please understand I am not critical of your post in any way, I know this is something you are very passionate about, I get to thinking that the fact he appears to have gone after Cahill, Drinkwater and Moses, to me seems to indicate he is learning.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Maybe some news tomorrow, or Sunday or Monday etc. etc.?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

St. Andrews White

Really enjoying seeing this thread at the top of my feed each day, the eternal optimism of Fulham fans and its presence meaning we haven't yet signed someone is somehow soothing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Mince n Tatties

No news....OK back to reading my book and a gin n tonic....

Jimpav

I was hoping there would be a big announcement this afternoon to give us all a pyschological boost ahead of tomorrow.

I'll keep hoping...